- some minor fix
DOWNLOAD Version 3.4.1
In the module installation, TYPE 1 is for those with older Kitkat firmware (recommended for non-N9005 modesls) and TYPE 2 is for those with newer Kitkat firmware like N9005 with NF4, GNG1, NG2 firmware but may also work on other models that received Kitkat updates lately.
Note: When in UPSM or Emergency Mode, double tap on status bar will show dialog to disable UPSM or Emergency Mode. This is useful for users who want to test the module and experience Emergency Launcher crash so they can get out of UPSM/EmergencyMode state without needing to factory reset.
Note: When in UPSM or Emergency Mode, you may want to run an app that has been disabled or is not included in the allowed list. You can re-enable the disabled app and run it by going to Settings>Apps Manager and go the application details of the app and Tap on the app icon.
- some code cleanup
- some minor smali fixes on Emergency files
- added the correct Note 3 dialer activity name in the default apps
- added a workaround for login accounts being deleted
- added DoubleTap on statusbar to disable UPSM or Emergency Mode (in cases where Emergency Launcher crashes)
- ability to launch disabled apps in Settings>Apps Manager in cases where you want to run a particular app without disabling UPSM/EmergencyMode. Just tap app icon to re-enable app and run it.
DOWNLOAD Version 3.4
- fixed mobile data disabled when screen off
DOWNLOAD Version 3.3
- mobile data disabled when screen off
- added experimental support for non-N9005 Note3 models
DOWNLOAD Version 3.2
- added estimated Standby Time
DOWNLOAD Version 3.1
- updated S5 Emergency files to latest
- separate Ultra Power Saving Mode and Emergency Mode
- works as close to S5 UPSM mode with just minor modifications
- added separate launcher icon for Grayscale Toggle
- enabling apps require version 3.0 of the Unlock Key so please update it
* limitation: Due to absence of necessary code to compute Ultra Power Saving Mode standby time in the Note 3 framework, the MOD does not show how much standby time the phone will have in UPSM mode or Emergency Mode. You will notice that power saving function works once you use the MOD on a daily basis.
As always, make a BACKUP of your DATA and ROM before using the MOD. READ the requirements and instructions carefully. Use at your own RISK.
Tested on Note 3 N9005 (NF4, NG2, NG1 rooted stock ROMs - odex or deodex) Use on other device and firmware is not advisable.
DOWNLOAD Version 3.0
- major UI changes
- fixed issues with widgets and xposed modules
- several bug fixes
So here it is - Xposed Note3 UPSM-Emergency Mode in one.
A little intro before we proceed. The S5 UPSM & Emergency Mode uses the same apk files and in fact are basically the same in terms of power saving function apart from minor differences like torch, siren, etc. Apart from android permission restrictions and missing system codes, it was difficult porting UPSM because it is tied to SystemUI & SecSettings. Porting SystemUI and SecSettings poses stability issues on the Note 3 not to mention the amount of work fixing the bugs. So the easiest solution I could come up with is using Xposed Framework and because I did not want to modify framework files, I have to rewrite the Emergency Launcher from scratch to not depend on the missing system codes. And because I did not port SystemUI and SecSettings I avoid the stability issues but at the expense of not getting the perfect UI for UPSM port. So please understand that this module is not perfect due to those limitations but in terms of the core power saving function, I would say it is basically the same as in the S5. I have been using it for a few days and so far it lives up to its promise of power saving. So enough talk, let go to what you are after....
PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER:
Rooted Note 3 N9005 with XXUFNF4 Rom (this is the only firmware I tested it on so I don't know if it will work on other devices/roms. I won't recommend using it on other devices/roms but I can't stop you)
Working Xposed Framework and knowledge using it.
Very Important: Make a backup of your data and ROM.
1. Make sure you have the requirements including making backups.
2. Download app below and Install.
3. Run app, grant supersu permissions and let it do some setting up and reboot if instructed.
4. Activate in Xposed Installer and reboot again.
5. Now if it's ready, running the app would bring up a popup menu where you can activate UPSM and other options.
7. Don't forget to leave some feedback/suggestions. Even if I don't normally respond, I always take them into consideration.
IMPORTANT: As the mod relies on the Xposed Framework, please do not deactivate the module or xposed framework when you are in UPSM mode as there is no way to turn off UPSM except a factory reset in recovery which means you may lose your data.
NOTE: The core function of the MOD is TOTALLY FREE. There is just one function which you may not need if you are only after what UPSM is intended for - that is adding more apps to UPSM needs an unlock key. Hope you understand - I am doing self-study on android development so funds from the unlock key would help me in buying study materials for further development.
DISCLAIMER: Use of the MOD is at your own RISK and I am not responsible for any loss/harm that may arise in its use.
I have retained the first module in the post for those who just need the Grayscale function.
OLD POST BELOW:
Just want to share another of those little things that result from messing with our phones.
Xposed S5 Power Saving Mode - this is an xposed module that triggers S5 Power Saving Mode on the Note 3 (maybe compatible with some other Galaxy devices with amoled screens on TouchWiz 4.4.2, I'm not sure). This is not Ultra Power Saving Mode but HOPE that can be replicated in future releases if there is enough interest or encouragement. UPSM takes a bit more system level tinkering so I am not sure it would be easy to port.
Anyway, hope it maybe of use to some of you and just give a shout out if you would like to continue development.
Requires: rooted Note 3 on Touchwiz 4.4.2 with working xposed framework
Just download below, install, activate in xposed installer, reboot and enjoy. The app icon toggles mode ON and OFF.