400GB MicroSD card anyone

Search This thread

eraursls1984

Sep 8, 2010
Tallahassee, Florida
I have 256GB internal storage and a 64GB microSD card. Will probably upgrade to a 256GB once the price drops. Having a 400GB microSD Card seems overkill for somebody who has 256GB internal storage

As someone who has had their last 4 phones die on him I can tell you that no amount of internal storage is going to replace my need for removable storage. That said I have 64 GB internal and a 64 GB microSD card. Looking to upgrade to a 128 GB or 256 GB soon.

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Currently using the 256GB card from the Note 7 pre-order and I am becoming afraid to buy anything larger because who knows how much longer we will be using these cards. Manufacturer's like One+ and Google don't have Micro SD support and I would kick myself so hard if I shelled all that money out for something a future device can't even use.

eraursls1984

Sep 8, 2010
Tallahassee, Florida
Currently using the 256GB card from the Note 7 pre-order and I am becoming afraid to buy anything larger because who knows how much longer we will be using these cards. Manufacturer's like One+ and Google don't have Micro SD support and I would kick myself so hard if I shelled all that money out for something a future device can't even use.

Samsung already tried that and came back. I think we are pretty safe to bet on Samsung keeping the slot for awhile. I won't buy another phone without removable storage. I've lost so much on my last 4 phones that died, one being a Nexus 6P with no external storage.

jdhirst12

May 27, 2018
Toronto, ON
Samsung already tried that and came back. I think we are pretty safe to bet on Samsung keeping the slot for awhile. I won't buy another phone without removable storage. I've lost so much on my last 4 phones that died, one being a Nexus 6P with no external storage.

Yeah, Samsung is keeping our expand-ability for now, just like with the headphone jack. They want (atleast for the note devices) to be seen as the premium devices for professional work and power users so I think they will keep that draw over more mainstream-focused devices like the Pixel who is directly competing with the iPhone for that userbase.

Anonymously_Unknown

Feb 9, 2012
Kingston
Developing anything that would make a good flagship "Note" device any step closer to being handicapped like an iPhone is a bad experiment going in the wrong direction to begin with. I only bought a Note 5, because my Note 4 screen broke (and the repair costs justified replacing the unit). I'm still surprised that the Note 5 progressed past the prototype phase without the MicroSD card slot.

Top Liked Posts