Review: iPulse Journal Series Italian Full Grain Leather Flip case

Search This thread

drmacrofish

Jul 24, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I wanted to provide you guys with a review for the Galaxy Note 8 Leather Wallet Case- iPulse Journal Series Italian Full Grain Leather Handmade Flip Case for Samsun Galaxy Note 8 with Magnetic Closure.
IMG_0028.JPG

This was provided to me for review.

Finding a good quality leather wallet case is not an easy task. A lot of wallet cases are out there, but I have found over the years that many of these are lacking a great deal in quality of the leather and/or the stitching.
IMG_0035.JPG

While I have not had this case for that long yet, I can tell you that I am happy to see that this case in particular is not lacking in quality. You can tell the quality right when pulling this one out of the cloth-like pouch. It actually smells like leather. This is NOT the PU stuff (junk). The leather has a shiny/glossy look, and seems to be of good quality. The stitching is also well done here. No miss-stitching or lose threads.

The other thing that I really like about this one is the stand functionality. This works well and seems to allow the phone to be put into a good position for watching things on the phone. And lets face it, with this beautiful screen on the Note 8, who wouldn’t want to watch stuff on it.

IMG_0031.JPGIMG_0033.JPG

There is also a magnetic clasp that keeps the case shut. This is really nice and in my opinion important to add safety to the phone if dropped.

IMG_0037.JPG

The TPU case inside of the leather wallet that actually holds the phone seems to be pretty good. There are openings in all of the places where there needs to be.

The other thing important to mention is that wireless charging does work with this case on the phone, but only seems to do so with the Samsung charger. I have some other ones that are aftermarket that do not work with the case on. It is easy enough to get the phone out of the case though, so that is ok.

IMG_0034.JPG

There are really only a couple of draw-backs to this case. One is that there is no earpiece opening on the front cover. I like to have this in cases like this as it allows me to keep the case closed and still talk on the phone without obstruction of the earpiece at all. The other thing is that there are cut-outs in the TPU case for the buttons. While this is nice, I almost wished that they were covered up. Not so much for added protection as I really don’t see this being needed, but so that the buttons could be pushed with the cover closed. In particular, the volume rocker. This would allow for one to quickly turn up/down the volume without having to open up the cover first. I often find myself needing to do this in meetings when I forget to place the phone on silence. Doh.

Overall though, this is really a nice case and I do recommend it highly if you are looking for a high quality leather wallet case for your Note 8.
IMG_0039.JPGIMG_0040.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fearbasel04

Oct 29, 2007
west new york
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
Thanks for the review. Do you know if this case is compatible with the Whitestone screen protector?

Stay tuned to my review in a few days. I am get one to try and review for the seller/maker. I have the Whitestone dome and a knock off outterbox defender works while the 59.99 one I brought keeps lefting up the screen. I had to sand down the plastic.

Anyways I think it's time to change my carrying habits and try a wallet based case and will test out this case.

rdunn20

Dec 12, 2009
Memphis
i also got the case and its one of the best. love the stand so i can sit back and watch videos. also it is well made and holds up very well. It keeps my phone very well protected.

Oct 30, 2017
i also got the case and its one of the best. love the stand so i can sit back and watch videos. also it is well made and holds up very well. It keeps my phone very well protected.

i just looked up at amazon, someone said it affects the S-pen?

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

i just looked up at amazon, someone said it affects the S-pen?