ROM Features (Oreo)
- Based on official oreo N950FXXU4CRH3
- S9+ Features - Very limited port. Better can say features port. Some S9+ features ported like
- Live Wallpaper
- Video play on LockScreen
- Included wide range of CSC (Total 213)
- Decrypted CSC features
- OMC flash have now three option
- N950F omc
- N950N omc
- skip (NO omc)
- Good LOck 2018
- Edge lighting plus (aroma selectable)
- Side Key (One hand Operation) - Aroma selectable
- QS Color - ROM Tool (No CSC restriction)
- Lock Star - ROM Tool (No CSC restriction)
- Task Changer (Recents) - ROM Tool (No CSC restriction)
- Routines - ROM Tool (No CSC restriction)
- Included stock enforcing kernel
- Reduced call disconnect delay.
- DEX station (Not tested)
- High Volume warning disabled
- Hign brightness strain warning disabled
- Screenshot in Secure Tab
- Camera flashlight up to 1% battery
- Denoxed with minimally debloated (tried to preserve most functions though)
- Ad-Free preactivated Toggle in ROM Tool
- Enabled Launcher Rotation Toggle in launcher settings.
- Reboot to recovery (If not available, apply essential fix from ROM Tool)
- Show/Hide emergency in Power Menu
- Show/Hide Users in PowerMenu for multiusers.
- 3minit battery and 3minit clock (you will get option to choose just after finishing setup, also you can change anytime from ROM Tool)
- Added some important samsung stuff
- Samsung Gear
- S Health
- S Internet
- SystemUI mods
- No secure login (After reboot no need to compulsory use PIN, it can be unlocked with fingerprint)
- Battery Bar with thickness and color option
- Network meter with Toggle (Lt/Rt/Quick Panel/None) with color option
- Virtual Key with Toggle (Lt side - Menu, Rt side - Power, Centre - Home)
- Double tap statusbar to sleep
- S Health patched for using with rooted device.
- Able to web login with biometrics on samsung browser
- ROM Control (ROM Tool - ROM control) with following option
Toggles for System UI as mentioned above
Sound modes (Untested)
There are few more options will be there but won't work if those are not mentioned here.
- ROM Tool with following options
- Auto detect Busybox and auto flash if using magisk, Manual option to install for SuperSU users)
- NavigationBar heights on the fly (Smaller/Stock)
- Long Press Home customization : Select Device assistance as LP Home from settings, then select if you want to use it to assign to any available app/service), You can reset choice from ROM control
- Scloud - As this is major battery killer, You ca enable/disable anytime from ROM control
- Fbind Helper : Small tool to use Fbind magisk module (Need to install separately from Magisk - Download - Magic Folder Binder. It is same like folder mount. You can mount Int SD folder to Ext SD
- Battery and Clock selection - Select stock/3minit battery/clock on the fly.
- EFS Backup. Single click EFS Backup (Storage location - Int Storage/MyEFS)
- Viper sound mode - Single click enable/disable Viper sound mode (should work with both magisk/supersu) & option to choose old/New viper, You can switch between anytime (just reboot needed in between)
If you want to use any other version of Viper, first enable one(Old/New) and then you can install other version as regular apk to work.
Also to note that, viper will work after 15-20 sec of rebooting device (you will see a toast msg Viper activated' after every boot if you have enabled it).
- Some additional toggles (will auto apply on first boot or you can force apply by - ROM Tool - Apply essential fix)
- NavigationBar custom color
- Update & Fix section
Important instruction for ROM Tool - After clean install ROM Tool should ask supersu permission on first boot, if you don't see call then manually check magisk/supersu log
- Xposed Installer Pre installed without framework
If you don't using xposed - simply uninstall it as regular user app and it won't change anything
If you want to use xposed - Open Xposed installer from app drawer - Click on cloud symbol below - Install/Update - Select 'Install' - Grant SU access -
Reboot when script run and ask to reboot. First time it may take longer to boot.
After boot, you will have Xposed ready to use.
* Some fetures may vary depend on ROM version. Read changelog post for latest update and features of current version.
Credit and Thanks :
@Chainfire - Respected elite developer for supersu and his unbelievable contribution to XDA/Android community. @wanam - Respected elite developer for his awesome contribution and references to his works.
@topjohnwu for Magisk
@xperiacle the amazing developer for reference to his work and tools. @gharrington for 3minit battery and QuickLaunch.
ROM Control source and all credit and thanks goes to @daxgirl and @Wuby986 for their open source project for RomControl.
@Tkkg1994 for his permissive kernel @AbrahamGC for some ideas @frap129 for Spectrum app. samsungvn htcmania for tips and some stock apps
Dr.Ketan ROM N8, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Last Updated 2018-08-17