Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolo200

I flashed this rom a few hours ago and I must say I'm impressed

Some things I noticed:

-the face recognition unlock doesn't work anymore

-unlock using pin without confirming ok? I didn't find the setting

-flashlight using a button while screen off or in lock screen would be a nice addition

-status bar dynamic coloring according to main color of the app (was present on my s8+ using batman rom. I miss that a lot)

Thanks for this rom. I will donate soon!

Sent from my SM-N950F using XDA Labs

I though pin unlock without OK is already included in stock, doesn't it? I'm using 950N and it's there. Planning to flash this ROM but face unlock doesn't work doubt me alot. Please let me know the battery life (ofc after today), and LTE things (since I noticed someone has problem with it). Thanks alot

25th September 2017, 10:31 AM |#22  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 11,217

More
Quote:

I flashed this rom a few hours ago and I must say I'm impressed

Some things I noticed:

-the face recognition unlock doesn't work anymore

-unlock using pin without confirming ok? I didn't find the setting

-flashlight using a button while screen off or in lock screen would be a nice addition

-status bar dynamic coloring according to main color of the app (was present on my s8+ using batman rom. I miss that a lot)

Thanks for this rom. I will donate soon!

Will investigate face unlock tonight
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mwilky For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th September 2017, 11:33 AM |#23  
Flag Neuchâtel
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkan

I though pin unlock without OK is already included in stock, doesn't it? I'm using 950N and it's there. Planning to flash this ROM but face unlock doesn't work doubt me alot. Please let me know the battery life (ofc after today), and LTE things (since I noticed someone has problem with it). Thanks alot

No it's not. Unless it's hidden somewhere but haven't seen this option anywhere. It's not so important anyway. I got used to typing ok after the code lol

As for the battery life I don't know I haven't noticed any difference yet and LTE is working fine for me.

One thing I noticed in the kernel settings I found strange that the big core frequency max default is at 1937mhz. Trying to use it at 2314mhz set it in kernel adiutor to load at boot. I hope it doesn't drain too much battery

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilky

Will investigate face unlock tonight

Thanks. It's really strange because the face icon on lock screen stays on less than a second so there's not enough time to detect the face

25th September 2017, 12:20 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Knox stays 0x0 ? Or it will be flagged?
25th September 2017, 12:31 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:

No it's not. Unless it's hidden somewhere but haven't seen this option anywhere. It's not so important anyway. I got used to typing ok after the code lol

As for the battery life I don't know I haven't noticed any difference yet and LTE is working fine for me.

One thing I noticed in the kernel settings I found strange that the big core frequency max default is at 1937mhz. Trying to use it at 2314mhz set it in kernel adiutor to load at boot. I hope it doesn't drain too much battery

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

Thanks. It's really strange because the face icon on lock screen stays on less than a second so there's not enough time to detect the face

when you first setup a pin its there, your not looking good enough buddy, your only presented with this option the first time setting up a pin, next time again when you setup a new pin.

can confirm this myself working.

the kernel is putting the phone in a less mhz then its original? that doesnt seem right, can mwilky look at this? thanks!
25th September 2017, 01:11 PM |#26  
Flag Neuchâtel
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by denja12

when you first setup a pin its there, your not looking good enough buddy, your only presented with this option the first time setting up a pin, next time again when you setup a new pin.

Yes you're right, I changed to no security then back to pin unlock and the option was there. Thanks

25th September 2017, 01:45 PM |#27  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 11,217

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by denja12

the kernel is putting the phone in a less mhz then its original? that doesnt seem right, can mwilky look at this? thanks!

@farovitus is your man for this
25th September 2017, 01:49 PM |#28  
Flag Karlsruhe
Thanks Meter: 69

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilky

@farovitus is your man for this

from s8 farovitus saud to me its underclocked a Little bit for battery saving when you that mean

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using XDA Labs
25th September 2017, 02:01 PM |#29  
Flag Ireland
Thanks Meter: 17

Donate to Me
More
How should I understand this things

"Knox set to 0x0 when booted
Fully working private mode"

I guessing if knox is tripped already it stays tripped 0x1 and no private mode for me or is this some miracle I didn't know it exist ?
25th September 2017, 06:26 PM |#30  
Flag Karlsruhe
Thanks Meter: 69

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obecny

How should I understand this things

"Knox set to 0x0 when booted
Fully working private mode"

I guessing if knox is tripped already it stays tripped 0x1 and no private mode for me or is this some miracle I didn't know it exist ?

yes. you ever will have 0x1.but i think it's so that System mean its not tripped to get Private Mode work etc

25th September 2017, 06:33 PM |#31  
Flag Ireland
Thanks Meter: 17

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido1992

yes. you ever will have 0x1.but the System mean its not tripped to get Private Mode work etc

Thats fantastic, didn't know this is possible at all!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)