corsicanu

Recognized Developer
Code:
Disclaimer
#include 
* [B]Your warranty is now void.[/B]
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this kernel
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/
Welcome to hadesKernel

Some personal thoughts:
- this kernel works only on exynos variants of S8(+) and Note8, only Pie and OneUI based roms (stock and stock based roms) I'm not responsable for what can happen if you flash on other devices/roms/android versions.
- if you take any of my work without my permission i'll report you, and you'll probably get banned.
- you should read at least install instructions stated in this post - i won't offer support for any issues regarding installation;
- for more info about features included and bug reports make sure you read post #3;
- press 'Thanks' button instead of saying it - it will keep the thread clean and keep me motivated to do more;
- feel free to send me some coffee (which btw, runs out pretty quick) via paypal, if you want to support my work.

Supported devices:
- G950F / G950FD / G950N / G955F / G955FD / G955N / N950F / N950FD / N950N

Features
  • G95*FXXS5DSI1 September and N950FXXS7DSH6 August security patch source
  • compiled with gcc 9.1
  • RMM/KG prepatched (more info about RMM here)
  • fully enforcing with the ability to change to permissive
  • disabled tima/knox/rkp/defex/dm_verity/fips/knox
  • enabled mass_storage for DriveDroid (download here latest beta app)
  • disabled zswap and added zram
  • Led fade
  • Moro Sound control
  • Boeffla Wakelock blocker
  • Wireguard support
  • blu_active CPU governor
  • other compiler optimizations
  • init.d support
  • dex with any hdmi adapter
  • crc/fsync toggle
  • ramdisk scripts for on boot optimizations
  • disabled excessive samsung logging/tracing

Bugs:
  • none encountered (see FAQ on #3 post for workarounds)

Instructions:
  • make sure you have a compatible rom installed (any OneUI pie rom including stock and stock based roms)
  • make sure you have TWRP 3.3.x installed (download latest official for Note8 or S8/S8+, install instructions here)
  • download zip and put it into phone's storage
  • enter TWRP recovery
  • flash zip
  • optional - flash root
  • reboot and enjoy
  • optional - download and install hKtweaks or MTweaks to be able to change some settings.

Telegram support

Downloads
  • on #2 post

Credits:
*Noxxx
*djb77
*MoroGoku
*farovitus
*6h0st
*remilia15
*frap129
*ananjaser1211
*BlackMesa123
*Lord Boeffla
*Faux123
*kernel testers
*if i missed someone PM me and i'll add

XDA:DevDB Information
hadesKernel , Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)

Contributors
corsicanu
Source Code: https://github.com/corsicanu/android_kernel_samsung_universal8895

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
Current Stable Version: v1.4
Stable Release Date: 2019-10-10

Created 2019-05-27
Last Updated 2019-10-10

corsicanu

Recognized Developer
Reserved

FAQ:
Q: How to report bugs?
A: If you want to report a bug make sure you include:
-device variant / modem version / bootloader version / region
-detailed info about the encountered issue
-steps to reproduce the bug
-logs

Q: How to take logs?
A: Download Logcat Extreme and take a look at this.

Q: Does it work with stock rom?
A: Only if you format data on TWRP before installing, if you had stock kernel before - please do note this will erase all your data and internal storage

Q: How to revert to stock kernel?
A: That's not a choice at this moment, you either reflash your current custom rom (if that had stock kernel included), or install stock firmware via Odin which will probably cause damage to all your data including internal storage.

Q: What semi-systemless kernel means?
A: I changed the way of patching camera drivers and secure storage libs in a way to avoid altering original files, so if you are on stock rom and stock kernel, you can simply backup your boot.img and if you don't like hades you can restore that boot.img without any futher issues.

Q: Saved wifi/bluetooth connections don't work anymore, what to do?
A: Simply forget and reconnect wifi networks and/or re-pair bluetooth devices.

Q: Why is this kernel better than *&% kernel?
A: I never said it is and i also don't like to compare. You are the only that can decide if it is or not for your use.

Q: Why this kernel?
A: I made this kernel to disable samsung security and add few things for myself, since it went pretty well for me i decided to include it in the rom and release as separate too.

Q: Why samsung security disabled?
A: Samsung firmware and kernels are signed and made to get along eachother untampered. The second you change something (even only with rooting stock rom), that very moment security starts to spam in logs/operations which can result in lags/heats/freezes etc. Since we can't sign our roms/kernels as samsung, it`s better to disable security to avoid conflicts and ulterior issues.

Q: What's Moro Sound and how does that work?
A: It's an advanced sound control implemented first in S7 by @morogoku, which can be found in hKtweaks / MTweaks - sound section.
You can change the output gain for speaker(s) and headphones, and also the equalizer to one of the profiles inside, or to your very own profile according to your taste.
*I'm not responsable for any damage made by yourself on your phone/headphones/ears using too high values on this mod. If you are in doubt just leave it disabled or switch to other kernel.

Q: Why a separate tweaks app?
A: I made this app to properly maintain and adapt A5/A7 2017, your choice what app you want to use.

Last edited:

FdeKlerk

Oct 10, 2013
Johannesburg
Some issues.

Hi Dev.

I have tried to flash this kernel because it sounds nice, but after I have flashed it and installed Magisk v19.2 over it my Substratum is not loading themes and Xposed framework not working at all.

Thanks.

corsicanu

Recognized Developer
hadesKernel v1.1:
Changelog:
- fixed moro sound issues
- enabled dex with any hdmi adapter
- added crc toggle
- added fsync toggle
- disabled zipalign at boot to avoid substratum issues
- touchscreen ops improvements to avoid some stutters or unneeded wakeups
- made it semi-systemless kernel (more info on FAQ)
- ramdisk improvements from S9 June release
- better zip extracting/patching scripts

Install instructions:
- flash as normal zip in TWRP, no wipe needed
*if coming from stock kernel you probably need to format data in TWRP - this will cause losing all data including internal storage

Personal notes:
  • If coming from stock kernel you probably need to format data in TWRP - this will cause losing all data including internal storage
  • Kernel zip doesn't contain any root, flash root of choice after flashing the kernel.
Download:
Telegram support
Misc links
Regards

corsicanu

Recognized Developer
hadesKernel v1.2:
Changelog:
- Merged G95*FXXU4DSE4 May source and N950FXXS6DSF2 June source
- Updated ramdisk to N950FXXS6DSF2 June
- Optimized Integer SQRT. for upto 3x faster operation
- Compiled with GCC 9.1

Install instructions:
*if coming from stock kernel you probably need to format data in TWRP - this will cause losing all data including internal storage

Personal notes:
  • If coming from stock kernel you probably need to format data in TWRP - this will cause losing all data including internal storage
  • Kernel zip doesn't contain any root, flash root of choice after flashing the kernel.
Download:
Misc links
Regards

iliakastrioti

Sep 20, 2016
My only one problem is , my phone going to deep sleep wlan is going off after some time. But all other fine here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    Disclaimer
    #include 
    * [B]Your warranty is now void.[/B]
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this kernel
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    Welcome to hadesKernel

Some personal thoughts:
    - this kernel works only on exynos variants of S8(+) and Note8, only Pie and OneUI based roms (stock and stock based roms) I'm not responsable for what can happen if you flash on other devices/roms/android versions.
    - if you take any of my work without my permission i'll report you, and you'll probably get banned.
    - you should read at least install instructions stated in this post - i won't offer support for any issues regarding installation;
    - for more info about features included and bug reports make sure you read post #3;
    - press 'Thanks' button instead of saying it - it will keep the thread clean and keep me motivated to do more;
    - feel free to send me some coffee (which btw, runs out pretty quick) via paypal, if you want to support my work.

Supported devices:
    - G950F / G950FD / G950N / G955F / G955FD / G955N / N950F / N950FD / N950N

Features
    • G95*FXXS5DSI1 September and N950FXXS7DSH6 August security patch source
    • compiled with gcc 9.1
    • RMM/KG prepatched (more info about RMM here)
    • fully enforcing with the ability to change to permissive
    • disabled tima/knox/rkp/defex/dm_verity/fips/knox
    • enabled mass_storage for DriveDroid (download here latest beta app)
    • disabled zswap and added zram
    • Led fade
    • Moro Sound control
    • Boeffla Wakelock blocker
    • Wireguard support
    • blu_active CPU governor
    • other compiler optimizations
    • init.d support
    • dex with any hdmi adapter
    • crc/fsync toggle
    • ramdisk scripts for on boot optimizations
    • disabled excessive samsung logging/tracing

Bugs:
    • none encountered (see FAQ on #3 post for workarounds)

Instructions:
    • make sure you have a compatible rom installed (any OneUI pie rom including stock and stock based roms)
    • make sure you have TWRP 3.3.x installed (download latest official for Note8 or S8/S8+, install instructions here)
    • download zip and put it into phone's storage
    • enter TWRP recovery
    • flash zip
    • optional - flash root
    • reboot and enjoy
    • optional - download and install hKtweaks or MTweaks to be able to change some settings.

Telegram support

Downloads
    • on #2 post

Credits:
    *Noxxx
    *djb77
    *MoroGoku
    *farovitus
    *6h0st
    *remilia15
    *frap129
    *ananjaser1211
    *BlackMesa123
    *Lord Boeffla
    *Faux123
    *kernel testers
    *if i missed someone PM me and i'll add

XDA:DevDB Information
    hadesKernel , Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)

Contributors
    corsicanu
    Source Code: https://github.com/corsicanu/android_kernel_samsung_universal8895

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v1.4
    Stable Release Date: 2019-10-10

Created 2019-05-27
    Last Updated 2019-10-10
    hadesKernel v1.4
    Changelog:
    - G95*FXXS5DSI1 september patch sourcecode with wifi and charger improvements (hopefully)
    - included stock config inside the kernel to trick some services that we running stock kernel
    - adjusted a bit the default blocked wakelocks list
    - ramdisk updates
    - scripts cleanup

Install instructions:

Personal notes:
    - If coming from stock kernel you probably need to format data in TWRP - this will cause losing all data including internal storage.
    - Kernel zip doesn't contain any root, flash root of choice after flashing the kernel.
    - Treble kernel can be found here.

Download:
    - hadesKernel_v1.4 - AndroidFileHost

Misc links
    - Telegram Support group
    - Telegram Updates and info channel
    - Latest Magisk stable or test/beta
    Regards
    Reserved

FAQ:
    Q: How to report bugs?
    A: If you want to report a bug make sure you include:
    -device variant / modem version / bootloader version / region
    -detailed info about the encountered issue
    -steps to reproduce the bug
    -logs

Q: How to take logs?
    A: Download Logcat Extreme and take a look at this.

Q: Does it work with stock rom?
    A: Only if you format data on TWRP before installing, if you had stock kernel before - please do note this will erase all your data and internal storage

Q: How to revert to stock kernel?
    A: That's not a choice at this moment, you either reflash your current custom rom (if that had stock kernel included), or install stock firmware via Odin which will probably cause damage to all your data including internal storage.

Q: What semi-systemless kernel means?
    A: I changed the way of patching camera drivers and secure storage libs in a way to avoid altering original files, so if you are on stock rom and stock kernel, you can simply backup your boot.img and if you don't like hades you can restore that boot.img without any futher issues.

Q: Saved wifi/bluetooth connections don't work anymore, what to do?
    A: Simply forget and reconnect wifi networks and/or re-pair bluetooth devices.

Q: Why is this kernel better than *&% kernel?
    A: I never said it is and i also don't like to compare. You are the only that can decide if it is or not for your use.

Q: Why this kernel?
    A: I made this kernel to disable samsung security and add few things for myself, since it went pretty well for me i decided to include it in the rom and release as separate too.

Q: Why samsung security disabled?
    A: Samsung firmware and kernels are signed and made to get along eachother untampered. The second you change something (even only with rooting stock rom), that very moment security starts to spam in logs/operations which can result in lags/heats/freezes etc. Since we can't sign our roms/kernels as samsung, it`s better to disable security to avoid conflicts and ulterior issues.

Q: What's Moro Sound and how does that work?
    A: It's an advanced sound control implemented first in S7 by @morogoku, which can be found in hKtweaks / MTweaks - sound section.
    You can change the output gain for speaker(s) and headphones, and also the equalizer to one of the profiles inside, or to your very own profile according to your taste.
    *I'm not responsable for any damage made by yourself on your phone/headphones/ears using too high values on this mod. If you are in doubt just leave it disabled or switch to other kernel.

Q: Why a separate tweaks app?
    A: I made this app to properly maintain and adapt A5/A7 2017, your choice what app you want to use.
    hadesKernel v1.1:
    Changelog:
    - fixed moro sound issues
    - enabled dex with any hdmi adapter
    - added crc toggle
    - added fsync toggle
    - disabled zipalign at boot to avoid substratum issues
    - touchscreen ops improvements to avoid some stutters or unneeded wakeups
    - made it semi-systemless kernel (more info on FAQ)
    - ramdisk improvements from S9 June release
    - better zip extracting/patching scripts

Install instructions:

Personal notes:
    Download:
    Telegram support
    Misc links
    Regards