This is a stockish, pre-rooted ROM based from N950U1 3BRA5 Firmware,
Before you proceed, I cannot be held liable for the damage or malfunction of your device using these files,
you proceed at your own risk and remove my liability by continuing to any portion of this thread!
!PLEASE BE SURE TO READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS THOROUGHLY AND SEARCH THE POSTS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS!
- Your Note 8 and PC ready to flash
- READ THE ENTIRE GUIDE!
- Download and extract all required files to convenient location, keeping all files organized, on PC
- Rooted your device with SamFAIL or be on another custom ROM, FlashFire installed, and Busy-Box!
Step 1 - Ensure Busybox is installed to /system/xbin.
Step 2 - Ensure that SuperSu is updated.
Step 3 - Install FlashFire, Open FlashFire and grant it permission.
Step 4 – Select the RED + button on the bottom right of FlashFire.
Step 5 – Select "Flash ZIP or OTA" button.
Step 6 – Navigate to location of Fennec ROM and select it.
Step 7 – Check the box next to (Mount /system read/write) then select the check mark in top right corner.
Step 8 – Select "Wipe" button.
Step 9 – Ensure System data, 3rd party apps, Dalvik cache, and Cache partition boxes are selected then select the check mark in top right corner. Optionally, you can select Internal storage.*Note* – If you are coming from my ROM, no Wipe is needed, unless directed by update.*Step 10 – Long press Wipe section and position it 1st before ZIP flash.
Step 11 – Leave Reboot section set to Normal unless you plan on flashing FR Odin files, then select Download and the check mark at top right.
Step 12 – Select the Flash section at the bottom of FlashFire. Boot will take a while so relax for a while.
- Busybox (Binary only no app)
- Download Booster
- VoLTE, ScreenCapture, TouchSensitivity, UHQ Quick Panel Toggles
- VoLTE Settings Menu
- Wi-Fi Calling Phone Settings Menu
- Call Recording
- VVM button w/Badge (may not work for all carriers, let me know)
- Messages - Save/Restore to SD
- Messages - Set as Ringtone
- Messages - Many others
- HotSpot - added apn "dun" as fixed (does not work for all carriers, use shortcut master lite to add)
- HotSpot - SSID changed to Galaxy Note8 Net "4digits" for all carriers
- Performance tweaks
- More coming soon...
- Some Carrier Features (Due to it being stock U1)
- You tell me!
Mods Post 2
Changelog Post 3...
Fennec ROM_V1.0 - (Full Wipe suggested)
*These Odin files are based off N950U1 Bootlader for best performance with U1 ROM*
- Flash with Prince Comsy's Odin -
For V2/V2.5 Root
FR_U1-2BQL2_CMBO-2AQL1 .... (These replace BlueFox_U1_AQL1-OdinFiles_BQL9Moddem)
FR_Optional U-2BQL Carrier Modems ... (Can be used instead of CP_U1-2BQL2 Modem depending on carrier)
For V3 Root
FR_U1-3BRA5_CMBO-3ARA3 .... (These replace BlueFox_U1-3ARA3-OdinFiles_3BRA9Modem)
FR_Optional U-3BRA Carrier Modems ... (Can be used instead of CP_U1-3BRA5 Modem depending on carrier)
For those on V3 Bootloader, not rooted
The official SamFAIL V3 has been updated..., unless you really want these.
1.Flash V3 Bootloader Odin files, FR_U1-3BRA5_CMBO-3ARA3 In Prince Comsy's Odin,(yes it had a security error).
2. Boot to Download mode.
3. Flash the SamFAIL V3 System file according to SamFail Part 1 Instructions Here (normal error and upload screen).
4. Boot to Download mode.
5. Flash V3 Bootloader Odin files again, FR_U1-3BRA5_CMBO-3ARA3
6. Device should reboot. Relax, boot takes a few.
*If you get a bootloop on SamFAIL startup, flash carrier CSC in Odin. 3BRA9 CSC*
7. Skip setup and install FlashFire
8. Flash BlueFox ROM following instructions above.
Thanks and Credits:
@me2151 - SamFAIL for Galaxy Note8
@partcyborg - Finding root for Galaxy Note8
@Chainfire - SuperSU & FlashFire
@OptimuSlime - Testing BlueFox ROMs
@Team DevDigitel - ROM Tips
@jrkruse - VoLTE icon fix
- More coming soon (as before)
*SM-N950U1 XAA Stock Recovery Guide*
*Carrier Flashing and Switching Guide*
*Edit APN Settings & Native HotSpot Guide*
*SM-N950U/U1 Factory Binary, Combination Firmware*
*S Note & Working Action Memo*
*Free SIM Unlock Service by: @instrumentaly*
Fennec ROM, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Current Stable Version: V1.0
Stable Release Date: 2018-03-25
Last Updated 2018-06-12