Search This thread

inb4after

May 29, 2017

Tkkg1994

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
Last post

Due to the EOL (End of Life) state of this rom I'm going to close the thread.

Does this mean it's the end of the support? NO it doesn't!

There is a generic Telegram Chat if you wish to keep on discussion issues and problems.

If you look for a forum based solution, the note 8 forums on grifodev will be opened as long as the website exists. If you got an issue, open a thread and I'll help you there! :good:

In the case you don't know why I'm leaving the development:
The time I can spend on android gets less and less in the future. I don't have the capacity to develop for so many different devices, hence I will call all roms (not only this one) EOL except the one I use as daily driver (which is currently the S9+). Fun fact: since I have so many devices supported, I did not even got time yet to start working on the S9/S9+ rom lol :D

Anyway, maybe we see each other again in the Note 9 forum, who knows?

Was a great time with you, thanks for all the support and motivation you guys gave me! I really appreciate that.

With love, Luca <3 :victory:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    55-a929d336.png

IronMan-Rom for the Note 8 is finally here with a dedicated thread :victory:

Hey guys! Here we are another time :)
    Assuming that you already know me more or less, this rom is based upon latest Samsung Experience 9.0 (Android 8.0). I really love the Samung UI, that's why I work on those roms and not on AOSP such as LineageOS, I know I'm a little fanboy :D
    Coming to the features, it's similar to the ones you'll find on my other roms such as BatMan-Rom (for the S8/S8+ and S7/S7e) or the SuperMan-Rom (for the S7/S7e) or even the EOL (End Of Life) HydraRom (for the glorious N7) :good:

The Rom itself contains many many custom features via RomControl, I'll list the most important ones below, still you are very welcome to try them all via the RomControl app (choosable in aroma). Now enough talking, wish you much fun flashing the rom and hope you'll enjoy it! :fingers-crossed:

Nobody is allowed to take stuff from my rom without asking me! Thank you.

IF YOU FOLLOW MY STEPS BELOW, YOU WILL MAY LOSE YOUR WARRANTY, KNOX WILL DISPLAY 0x1! I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGED DEVICE!

Rom features of V2.0.0 Oreo:
    - Based on latest N950FXXU3CRE5 Nougat base
    - Prerooted with SuperSU V2.82 SR5 or MagiskSU (choose in aroma)
    - Magisk V16.4 (aroma selectable)
    - Latest Busybox 1.28.4 included in aroma
    - Aroma installer! with support up to 4GB zip files
    - CSC features can be chosen in aroma (Applock, LTE only mode, Netspeed and more)
    - Adblocker included as aroma choice
    - Full rom control!! App name is IronControl Free
    - Fully deodexed (includes patched sepolicy in kernel)
    - LED indicator settings
    - choose IOS or stock emojis in aroma
    - DM-Verity disabled
    - Force encrypt disabled
    - Modded SystemUI with many tweaks in RomControl (header colors, qs colors, notification colors and much more)
    - 3Minit Clock/battery in romcontrol
    - Custom clock positions and customizations in romcontrol
    - USB Plug/Unplug disable wake up
    - Remove high volume warning for headphones
    - Torch on lockscreen
    - Use volume key on lockscreen to switch music titles
    - Knox stuff can be choosen in aroma
    - Stock CRE5 Kernel or IronKernel (choose in aroma)
    - Based off from latest touchwiz source available at this moment
    - Many apps are selectable in aroma debloat menu
    - Selinux permissive on custom kernel
    - Ram bar in recents
    - Matrix animation in recents
    - Dual speaker sound mod
    - Xposed V90.2 beta 3 included as aroma choice
    - Latest May Security Patches
    - Many other features, can't list them all, please read changelog to see what changed over the time

How to install the rom:
    For advanced users:
    0. Make sure to have a backup somewhere on external storage
    1. Make sure to be on most recent TWRP, bootloader and modem
    2. Flash the rom
    3. If you need VoLTE or Wifi Calling, flash your correct carrier CSC
    4. Done :highfive:

For normal users:
    0. Boot your phone, enable OEM unlock in developer settings
    1. Flash TWRP with Odin, following this thread Note 8 TWRP until it works correctly (to access download mode, press bixby+volume down+power on while phone is turned off)
    2. Make sure you are using most recent bootloader and modem, latest one available here on Android File Host
    3. Now boot into TWRP by pressing bixby+volume up+power on while phone is turned off
    4. If TWRP asks you about allowing system to be edited, swipe yes to confirm
    5. In TWRP, go to wipe, format data (a keyboard will pop up now), type "yes" (this will wipe all your data, make sure to have a backup!)
    6. After this, reboot recovery and start the rom installer
    7. Select your preferences in my aroma installer, make sure to chose NO ROOT for the first rom flash so dalvik-cache can be build properly!
    8. If you selected to auto update bootloader in aroma, the installer will reboot automatically
    9. You can still install my CSC selection if you are customer of a carrier which is not supported by default CSC inside the rom
    10. Wait till the rom boots up
    11. Go though the setup and boot back into twrp. Then flash your preferred root method in the recovery
    12. After setting up, open IronControl Free and let the app apply my default settings!
    13. Enjoy the rom!

Downloads for SM-N950F/FD/N:
    V2.0.0 Final on Android File Host (Oreo)
    V1.2.0 on Android File Host (Nougat)
    V2.0.0 on GrifoDev
    Bootloader/Modems SM-N950F/FD/N
    CSC Selection N8
    IronKernel N8

Telegram Links:
    IronMan News Channel
    IronMan-Rom N8 Chat

Known Bugs:
    - Knox related features such as secure folder, samsung pay or samsung pass may not work any longer after rooting your phone

Credits:
    - Samsung for the base
    - SuperR for his awesome Kitchen
    - Chainfire for his SuperSU
    - topjohnwu for systemless Magisk V14.5
    - amarullz for aroma and nkk71 to make it compatible with bigger zip files
    - wubydax and daxgirl for basic RomControl
    - myellow for all the great animations!
    - mwilky for his fingerprint after reboot mod, private mode, custom colors and other mods
    - Asc1977 for a few mods I already used on SuperMan/BatMan

Support:
    If you enjoy this I would be really lucky if you would hit thanks :victory:
    And if you really really like it, here is a donation link
    :good:
    PayPal

XDA:DevDB Information
    IronMan-Rom SM-N950F, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)

Contributors
    Tkkg1994
    Source Code: https://gitlab.com/Tkkg1994/IronRom

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Custom TWRP Recovery
    Based On: Stock Based

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: V2.0.0
    Stable Release Date: 2018-06-12

Created 2017-11-23
    Last Updated 2018-06-22
    Last post

Due to the EOL (End of Life) state of this rom I'm going to close the thread.

Does this mean it's the end of the support? NO it doesn't!

There is a generic Telegram Chat if you wish to keep on discussion issues and problems.

If you look for a forum based solution, the note 8 forums on grifodev will be opened as long as the website exists. If you got an issue, open a thread and I'll help you there! :good:

In the case you don't know why I'm leaving the development:
    The time I can spend on android gets less and less in the future. I don't have the capacity to develop for so many different devices, hence I will call all roms (not only this one) EOL except the one I use as daily driver (which is currently the S9+). Fun fact: since I have so many devices supported, I did not even got time yet to start working on the S9/S9+ rom lol :D

Anyway, maybe we see each other again in the Note 9 forum, who knows?

Was a great time with you, thanks for all the support and motivation you guys gave me! I really appreciate that.

With love, Luca <3 :victory:
    Happy Holidays!

Hey guys/girls, dear followers and readers of this chat :)

The end is near, the end of this year I mean not of my development, I hope I haven't shocked you too much with the first few words :D

I just wanted to give you some kind of an overview of the development, I will post the same thing on all my rom threads, as it matches all of them.

My plans are as following:
    Start working again on the rom updates after christmas/new year. I also got some finals around january/february so I can't tell you yet how much time I'll get there to work on android things.

In general: I'll start to release rom updates with the Januar 2018 security patch base, that's at least the plan :good:

In the meantime I wish all of you very nice holidays (I really hope you got at least some free days...), nice time with your family, an awesome christmas party (in case you celebrate) and hopefully many nice little presents for you :fingers-crossed:

Love you all, you're an awesome community! :victory:
    Final release of IronMan-Rom

IronMan-Rom V2.0.0 Final:
    - Based on latest Oreo release (CRE5)
    - Includes May security patch
    - This rom is ONLY for the Note 8 and not for S7/S7e/S8/S8+ devices!
    - Updated all included bootloader and modems for F/FD/N models
    - Reworked the rom from scratch
    - Includes latest stock kernel and IronKernel
    - Updated GBWhatsApp and GBInstagram to most recent versions
    - Updated youtube vanced (to play youtube in background)
    - Updated SMusic app thanks to @thereassaad
    - Updated adaway and adblocker files
    - Updated magisk to V16.4
    - Updated xposed to 90.2 beta 3
    - Updated busybox to 1.28.4
    - Updated included twrp to my latest selfmade built
    - Updated webview so we don't have to use google chrome for it
    - Updated modded camera by zeroprobe to support oreo
    - Updated dual speaker mod to support oreo
    - Added a new custom ironman bootanimation thanks to Thibou (chose in aroma)
    - Added a new splash ironman image thanks to myellow and Karan_Tamboli (can also be chosen in aroma)
    - Updated the romcontrol with some new mods and some mods removed. It has now the exact same features as BatMan
    -> this means you can use the BatControl Pro app too!
    - Include csc features (applock, airmessage and many more), this rom ships with decrypted cscs!
    - Maybe something else, I have possibly already forgot it :D

The issue with oreo and full deodexed roms:
    I don't know if you heard about that problem but oreo roms have problems with building dalvik-cache when the rom is fully deodexed. Hence the rom lags and is damn slow all over the place unless you use odex framework. I have patched the sepolicy for this purpose and it works fine BUT (and that's the main problem):
    Magisk does replace this patched sepolicy. What does this mean for you as user?
    My suggestion is to flash the rom without any root method installed. Then boot your device one time and set up your phone. In this first boot, the dalvik-cache could be built with this patched sepolicy file in the kernel.
    When you are finished, go back to TWRP, simply flash magisk root and you are good to go. Now slowdowns, nothing.
    I'm sure many people won't follow my advice here and face the laggy system. Please help them with this answer here, thank you dear readers :good:

What else is important to know:
    This rom update will be the last one from my side. I don't know if someone else will continue the project or not, this isn't up to me. Why I will stop you may ask yourself now.
    Well, I have supported several devices over the last few years and one thing was always the same back then: I had time. A lot of time. This has changed now mainly over the last year (I mean, when did any update from my side took so long like this one? Exactly, never ^^). I can't spend much time anymore on android due to the university and my job. If I could manage it somehow I loved to keep on developing... :(

I will let this thread open for some days/weeks and then close it. Of course you are always very welcome to post on www.grifodev.ch (nothing will be closed there).

Downloads:
    Download via AFH
    Download via GrifoDev
    Bootloader and Modem for F/FD/N devices

Support:
    As always I'd love if you hit thanks on this post, the OP or anywhere else :highfive:
    Via PayPal
    As mentioned above, the BatControl Pro is now fully compatible with this rom as well. Sadly our designer has a similar fat as me and was never able to finish his design with the IronControl Pro... hence I couldn't release it. If you still want to support / have the pro app get it from here. Features are exactly the same as in the free app, I suggest you to check out the app on the store and decide for yourself if you need it or not :) :fingers-crossed:
    Final Nougat release arrives!

IronMan-Rom V1.2.0
    - Rebased upon latest BRA8 release
    - Updated all kernels to version 1.3.0 (which include latest source code of course)
    - Updated magisk to v15.4
    - Updated xposed to 89.2
    - Updated busybox to latest release
    - Updated N8 BL/CP to BRA8
    - Updated adaway host files
    - Readded OEM switch even to modded settings
    - Prevent RMM State Lock (thanks to @blackmesa)
    - Update GBWhatsapp and GBInsta to most recent versions
    - Update modded youtube to most recent version
    - Added a new ironman theme for the aroma installer thanks to Karan_Tamboli
    - Fixed RomControl links in "about the rom" not being correct (telegram and xda links)
    - Fixed systemui crashing as soon as you are in roaming mode
    - Added flipboard and upday to debloat

About the Dex crash on modded UI: I need someone who actually has a dex station and is able to do some logging for me, if he/she can do that, please PM me on Telegram!
    This rom update will be the last one based on Nougat, the next update will be to Oreo (V2.x). I hope samsung hurry themself up and finally start releasing Oreo for our beloved N8! :good:

Edit: @LOWCOUNTRYDAVE to your question, this rom works only on exynos devices. Yours is a qualcom one, I'm sorry

Download:
    Via GrifoDev
    Via AFH

Support:
    If you like my work, you can always hit thanks on my posts/the thread. If you want to help me even more you can place a small donation. Thanks for your support guys :fingers-crossed: