*** Disclamer I am NOT responsible for any damage caused by using this Software. READ THE WHOLE OP AND SECOND POST! Neither am I responsible if you miss your alarm, cause a nuclear war or if your toaster stops working.
Note for other devs:
Usually I don't share my setup, but many friends have convinced me to share it so here we are.
It's a pretty straight-forward experience; A debloated or "barebone" ROM.
The reason I put quotation marks is because of the ROM's nature; It's still stock with only the absolute necessary lot of apps and fairly stripped down TouchWiz.
No Samsung Account, No device manager with McAfee, No Sammy Weather, No SLocation, no knox and some other tearing down.
- Based off Stock + Stock Kernel (odexed)
- Rooted with latest Magisk (currently: 16.7)
- Debloated (No unecessary bg-process)
- Removed KNOX and RLC (to avoid OEM Lock)
- Added AppLock
- Added Greenify as a stronger alternative to Sammy's Manager
- Biometrics still work within S-Browser
- Bixby key mapped to Google Assistant.
1. Download ROM and put it somewhere on internal storage
2. Boot into twrp
3. Do a standard wipe
4. Install LightWeightWiz
5. Done! Now you can reboot.
I do NOT provide support over PM. Please post your issue/ question in this thread.
A rating would be welcome!
Samsung - For an incredible Phone and sources
@_alexndr - For inspiration and some clues about making a ROM.
@SuperR. - For his AMAZING kitchen.
@oasisfeng - For Greenify.
@fei-ke - For his OMC Decoder.
@Tkkg1994 - For Inspiration.
@topjohnwu - For his incedible work on Magisk.
-- if I forgot anyone, please do PM me. I'll add you ASAP!
LightWeightWiz, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Current Stable Version: 1.0
Stable Release Date: 2018-08-06
Last Updated 2018-08-06