Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Rooted Nougat Rom​
This is last nougat rom made for note 8 it is prerooted with flashfire and safestrap preinstalled. It has CSC stuff for all carriers added. Its debloated slightly with knox removed. Some stuff may not work but im not sure as I cannot test but this stuff may include fingerprint and or face recognition. If stuff doesnt work it probably related to using pie modems and non-hlos on a nougat rom which you have no choice.​

Downloads
Rooted_N950USQS3BRB4.rar
BL_N950_NOUGAT_V7.tar.7z
Includes Fingerprint and Face Unlock fix for above nougat rom. Just flash in BL slot in odin after everything else
Safestrap-4.10-B03-GREATQLTE-PIE.zip Will boot straight to safestrap only for pie roms
Safestrap-4.10-B03-GREATQLTE-NOUGAT.zip Will Give you the safestrap splash screen on boot

Directions
Safestrap Method
1. Extract system.img from the Rooted_N950USQS3BRB4.rar and copy to phone reboot to safestarp and flash system image reboot to download and flash BL_N950_NOUGAT_V7.tar.md5 in odin

Last edited:

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
@jrkruse Was there a particular reason RJ1 was chosen as the base combo instead of RG2?

The only difference I heard of was that RG2 actually was the DRK repair, where RJ1 did most of the other stuff.

it doesnt matter what v5 combo I am only using bootloaders on rooted rom and you just flash full combo system to be able to reboot to edl mode. The goal was to get root so safestrap can be used on Pie and thats been achieved.

NU5002S

Nov 17, 2014
I have been waiting for this for quite some time. Thank you!

c
echo ¦¢ Galaxy S8 Plus USA Flash System Program
mode
can we add note 8 to description in batch file?

When flashing "COMBINATION_FA71_N950USQU5ARJ1_CL13942288_QB203914 89_REV00_user_mid_noship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 "
should I press BL+AP+others or just BL?

similar question, when flashing COMBINATION_FA71_N950USQU5ARJ1_BOOTLOADERS.tar should i select BL only or AP?:confused:

My baseband version is N950U1UEU1AQ15 build number NMF26X.N950USQU1AQ15 but I see different versions from romreactor below, am I still ok to flash?

Last edited:

Romreactor

Feb 4, 2018
New York
One main question, which V5 firmware version is best for this root method, as I am still on firmware N950USQU2BQLA.

The V5 firmwares range from android 8.0 Oreo to 9.0 Pie and thus my question is out of all the V5 bootloader versions below which one is best for this root method for me to update to from my current version.
N950USQU5CRG7,
N950USQU5CRIA,
N950USQU5DSC1,
N950USQU5DSD3,

Also, couple newbie questions, 1. pre rooted firmware means Android Pie or Oreo with root access enabled right?
2. Does this root method allow you to flash custom roms of pie?

bantzt

Jun 12, 2011
Shelbyville
Ok, so I have been out of the rooting game for a couple of years now due to needing an engineering kernel and then losing 20% battery capacity. With this I am interested as I am running 5DSF6 currently. With this, are we only able to do the initial rooted ROM and have root access and customize from there or can we load different ROMS? Also, are kernels still out of the question with this method as well?

Also, congrats on getting this to work.

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
One main question, which V5 firmware version is best for this root method, as I am still on firmware N950USQU2BQLA.

The V5 firmwares range from android 8.0 Oreo to 9.0 Pie and thus my question is out of all the V5 bootloader versions below which one is best for this root method for me to update to from my current version.

N950USQU5CRG7,

N950USQU5CRIA,

N950USQU5DSC1,

N950USQU5DSD3,

Also, couple newbie questions, 1. pre rooted firmware means Android Pie or Oreo with root access enabled right?

2. Does this root method allow you to flash custom roms of pie?

There is only root available for nougat. The whole reason for all of this was to get people a pie rom that has the ability to boot to safestrap. Now this isn’t root but in safestrap you can flash zips just like you can with twrp or flashfire you can backup data or delete apps or modify system files and most everything you do you will still pass safetynet . Of course you can run a prerooted nougat rom or make your own but you would have to run the combo bootloader and boot img so your stuck with those limitations. Nothing has changed since this phone was first rooted with samfail method.

Sent using some kind of device I modified

Reactions: sleepysys

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
People on v3 v2.5 or v2 or v1 bootloaders there is really no reason to stay on those older bootloaders since this method works for v5 if you choose to use this method you will be updated to v5 bootloaders

iunlock

May 22, 2010
Galaxy
There is only root available for nougat. The whole reason for all of this was to get people a pie rom that has the ability to boot to safestrap. Now this isn’t root but in safestrap you can flash zips just like you can with twrp or flashfire you can backup data or delete apps or modify system files and most everything you do you will still pass safetynet . Of course you can run a prerooted nougat rom or make your own but you would have to run the combo bootloader and boot img so your stuck with those limitations. Nothing has changed since this phone was first rooted with samfail method.

Ah ok... so to be clear and for those who may be seeking the same question:

Is the battery still stuck at 80%? (Unless one charges to 100% in DL mode.)

People on v3 v2.5 or v2 or v1 bootloaders there is really no reason to stay on those older bootloaders since this method works for v5 if you choose to use this method you will be updated to v5 bootloaders

Also to add, for those who are on 7.1.1 Nougat like me and several others who want to preserve the BL, just know that once you roll up you can not roll back. I think it's important to emphasize this..

Reactions: Jayy_Suave

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Ah ok... so to be clear and for those who may be seeking the same question:

Is the battery still stuck at 80%? (Unless one charges to 100% in DL mode.)

Also to add, for those who are on 7.1.1 Nougat like me and several others who want to preserve the BL, just know that once you roll up you can not roll back. I think it's important to emphasize this..

Just curious whats your reason for not updating bootloader to v5 now that you can root it as well

iunlock

May 22, 2010
Galaxy
Just curious whats your reason for not updating bootloader to v5 now that you can root it as well

Because newer isn't always necessarily better. I'm of the minority and there are others like me who prefer to stay on the earlier firmwares.

The hopes of getting a full root early on was another reason, where had we blindly rolled up to the latest, it could have locked us out from taking advantage of a possible working root on an earlier BL. One rule of thumb is to never just jump on updates. We call them lock outs...and we kind of saw this with the original samfail root where those who updated could not roll back; but of course now it's possible which is great. Thanks again for making this happen and saving those who jumped early that never thought they would see a form of root.

There of course other reasons I like to stay put on earlier firmware versions, but that's for another conversation. @butchieboy, @KennyG123 and I go way back and they know....:) We enjoy our Note 3's on 4.3, Note 4's on KK 4.4, Note 5 on MM etc...

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Because newer isn't always necessarily better. I'm of the minority and there are others like me who prefer to stay on the earlier firmwares.

The hopes of getting a full root early on was another reason, where had we blindly rolled up to the latest, it could have locked us out from taking advantage of a possible working root on an earlier BL. We kind of saw this with the original samfail root where those who updated could not roll back; but of course now it's possible which is great. Thanks again for making this happen and saving those who jumped early that never thought they would see a form of root.

There of course other reasons I like to stay put on earlier firmware versions, but that's for another conversation. @butchieboy, @KennyG123 and I go way back and they know....:) We enjoy our Note 3's on 4.3, Note 4's on KK 4.4, Note 5 on MM etc...

Each too their own im always just curious why people refuse to update and not fully utilize the potential of their phone but like you said newer isn’t always better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rooted Nougat Rom​
    This is last nougat rom made for note 8 it is prerooted with flashfire and safestrap preinstalled. It has CSC stuff for all carriers added. Its debloated slightly with knox removed. Some stuff may not work but im not sure as I cannot test but this stuff may include fingerprint and or face recognition. If stuff doesnt work it probably related to using pie modems and non-hlos on a nougat rom which you have no choice.​

Downloads
    Rooted_N950USQS3BRB4.rar
    BL_N950_NOUGAT_V7.tar.7z
    Includes Fingerprint and Face Unlock fix for above nougat rom. Just flash in BL slot in odin after everything else
    Safestrap-4.10-B03-GREATQLTE-PIE.zip Will boot straight to safestrap only for pie roms
    Safestrap-4.10-B03-GREATQLTE-NOUGAT.zip Will Give you the safestrap splash screen on boot

Directions
    Safestrap Method
    1. Extract system.img from the Rooted_N950USQS3BRB4.rar and copy to phone reboot to safestarp and flash system image reboot to download and flash BL_N950_NOUGAT_V7.tar.md5 in odin
    tested and confirmed working!
    Version 6 Bootloader EDL method in OP. This needs tested as I do not have this device but it should work the same as V5 bootloader method did. V6 method will get you V6 Pie rom with safestrap once you have safestrap you can flash a prerooted nougat system image with safestrap to acheive root. Root is only available on nougat
    Rooted nougat rom added to post 2 it prerooted with flashfire and safestrap preinstalled. It has CSC stuff for all carriers added. Its debloated slightly with knox removed. Some stuff may not work but im not sure as I cannot test but this stuff may include fingerprint and or face recognition. If stuff doesnt work it probably related to using pie modems and non-hlos on a nougat rom which you have no choice