FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[UNOFFICIAL] crDroid Android 9.0 for Samsung Galaxy Note8 (greatlte)

1,566 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,284

Post Reply Email Thread

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

Features
Click for feature list (helps shorten the OP.)

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

Downloads
greatlte : Google Drive | SourceForge

GAPPS: DOWNLOAD GAPPS

First time installing crDroid to your Samsung Galaxy Note8, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (CWM or TWRP)
1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip
2) Boot into Recovery
3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
4) Flash ROM
8) Flash gapps
9) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk XX.x (whatever is most recent).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
Signal bar is empty, although RIL (which includes calls, sms and mobile data) are still working

Don't expect any support if you:
- are not running the included kernel
- have installed any mods such as Xposed!
- have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Stricted, Ivan_Meler, Vaughnn
- Google
- LineageOS
- SlimRoms
- AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
- OmniRom
- NamelessROM
- Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

XDA:DevDB Information
crDroid Android 9.0 for Samsung Galaxy Note8, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)

Contributors
turbolukex5, Stricted, Ivan_Meler, Vaughnn
Source Code: https://github.com/exynos8895

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 5.9
Beta Release Date: 2019-11-02

Created 2019-11-02
Last Updated 2019-11-03
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to turbolukex5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift turbolukex5 Ad-Free
3rd November 2019, 01:12 PM |#5  
Flag MD
Thanks Meter: 36

More
:No problems so far working great. Thank you for your hard work
3rd November 2019, 04:34 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
This rom is very stable for a 1st beta. Apart from the problem with the signal, the ROM is daily driver ready for the most part. There is some minor performance hiccups, but it has mostly good performance.

There is one issue with the earphone audio in the music players(default and 3rd party) where sound comes from only one earphone. Probably problem with the system equalizer. In apps like Spotify, YouTube etc this issues isn't there.

EDIT: OK. So after playing music in the music player , the audio issues seems to be fixed. I am not really sure what I did , but sound comes from both earphones now
3rd November 2019, 04:49 PM |#7  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma James

This rom is very stable for a 1st beta. Apart from the problem with the signal, the ROM is daily driver ready for the most part. There is some minor performance hiccups, but it has mostly good performance.

There is one issue with the earphone audio in the music players(default and 3rd party) where sound comes from only one earphone. Probably problem with the system equalizer. In apps like Spotify, YouTube etc this issues isn't there.

EDIT: OK. So after playing music in the music player , the audio issues seems to be fixed. I am not really sure what I did , but sound comes from both earphones now

I'm glad to see there's another aosp rom being developed for this phone.
Being as you already have the rom installed, how's the Spen? Considering this is a very early build I'm assuming its probably not working yet. Either way, I'll probably give it a try anyway
3rd November 2019, 05:40 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffery45801

I'm glad to see there's another aosp rom being developed for this phone.
Being as you already have the rom installed, how's the Spen? Considering this is a very early build I'm assuming its probably not working yet. Either way, I'll probably give it a try anyway

Unfortunately the S pen features are not supported. The S pen can still interact just fine in the software like a normal stylus though.
5th November 2019, 05:40 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Is this compatible with Korean variant n950n
6th November 2019, 06:50 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Ohhhhhh is nice to see some new roms.

Keep up the good work
6th November 2019, 09:45 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 4,284

Donate to Me
More
crDroid v5.9 update for Samsung Galaxy Note8
Changelog:
- Signal bar is now functional

Downloads
greatlte : Google Drive | SourceForge
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to turbolukex5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift turbolukex5 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)