FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[UNOFFICIAL][RECOVERY] TWRP 3.2.1-0 [EXYNOS][6/9]

2,321 posts
Thanks Meter: 12,832

By kairi_zeroblade, Senior Member on 20th December 2017, 12:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Team Win Recovery Project

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
Disclaimer: Your warranty is now void!! I won't be responsible if you flash this on another device besides the prescribed device mentioned..

Special Notes:
1. DON'T FORGET TO ENABLE "OEM UNLOCK" (located in Developers options, if its not there, you may have to wait for a few days to access that option, some users claim that its within 10 days before this option appears).
2. KNOX will be tripped once you flashed custom binaries to your phone.
(Your warranty may be voided. However this may not affect you if your country, European Union for example, forces Samsung to provide hardware warranty regardless of software status.)
More Information from here
3. Samsung Firmware OTA (aka System Updates) will no longer work once you flashed custom binaries.
(You can flash custom ROMs if you want to keep the OS up-to-date.)
4. It is HIGHLY UNRECOMMENDED to purchase any access to any kind of private forums, ROMs or Kernels.
(DO NOT GET FOOLED.)

Download: https://github.com/zeroblade1984/sam...eases/tag/TWRP
Sources: https://github.com/TeamWin

If you love the work you can rate the thread or spare me some beer

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)

Contributors
kairi_zeroblade

Version Information
Current Stable Version: Update 6/9
Stable Release Date: 2018-06-09

Created 2017-12-20
Last Updated 2018-06-09
The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to kairi_zeroblade For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kairi_zeroblade Ad-Free

20th December 2017, 12:50 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Changelog
January 21, 2018
  • Fixes for touch/responsiveness
  • Faster Backup and Restore speeds
  • Should boot up faster than previous

December 20, 2017
  • Update TWRP base to 3.2.1-0
  • Use an upstream bringup(dirty) of kernel, credits to @jesec and @geiti94

Bugs: None
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to kairi_zeroblade For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kairi_zeroblade Ad-Free
20th December 2017, 12:50 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Flashing Instructions
Notes: It may wipe all your data including those in internal storage.

Part 1a - HOW-TO FLASH TWRP (for new devices w/o TWRP yet):
1. In your ROM, go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
2. Go to Settings -> Developer options and enable OEM Unlock option.
3. Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phones Drivers.
- Option 1: Download and Install Smart Switch for PC.
- Option 2: Download and Install standalone driver package.
4. Download and extract Odin (Samsung's Flash Tool) to your computer.
5. Download a .tar image of TWRP.
6. Reboot your device to download mode.
- Hold [VOLUME DOWN] + [BIXBY] + [POWER] for approx. 15 seconds.
- Read the warning carefully.
- If you agree, press [VOLUME UP] to get into Download mode. If you don't agree, STOP.
7. Open Odin and place that TWRP tar file in the [AP] slot.
8. Connect your phone.
9. Hold [VOLUME UP] + [BIXBY] + [POWER] on your phone and then press start on Odin.
10. Wait for the phone to reboot. DO NOT release [VOLUME UP] + [BIXBY] + [POWER] or you may not reboot into TWRP.

Part 1b - HOW-TO FLASH TWRP (for devices that already had an earlier build of TWRP):
1. Download the recovery.img from the download page.
2. Place the downloaded image file on your device's memory (internal or external storage or OTG may do).
3. reboot to TWRP either from your Custom ROM menu or by using the previous method where you hold [VOLUME UP] + [BIXBY] + [POWER] when your phone is completely OFF.
4. Go to Install->(locate the file you downloaded)->on the bottom part of TWRP menu you will see flash image, go press it->then you can now select the image file->then choose recovery if you are prompted to what partition you are going to flash->swipe to flash->Profit!!
5. It may be best to reboot to recovery once the procedure is done just to check if things went fine.

Part 2 - HOW-TO INITIALIZE TWRP: (for new phones)
1. If you completed Part 1 successfully, you should be in TWRP now. At this point, you will reach the screen asking you if you want to allow system modifications.
2. Select "Keep /system RO". (Don't swipe right or you may not be able to boot into system if you failed to complete next steps. However, you can swipe right to allow modifications if you are confident that you can complete next steps.)
3. Go to "Wipe" menu of TWRP and you will find "Format Data". Press "Format Data" and type "yes" to continue.
4. Go to "Reboot" menu and Press "Recovery" to reboot TWRP.
5. Download the latest dm-verity and force encryption disabler zip on your computer.
6. Transfer the zip to your phone.
- Option 1: MTP: Connect your phone with computer and just copy the zip to internal storage. (similar to how you transfer files when in system.)
- Option 2: ADB: Connect your phone with computer and run command "adb push /path/to/zip /sdcard/".
- Option 3: External SD: Copy the zip to an external SD and then insert the card to your phone.
7. Go to "Install" menu of TWRP and flash the zip.

TWRP is initialized and fully functional at this stage. Now you can either reboot into system or root, flash custom ROMs via TWRP.

Part 3 - HOW-TO ROOT:
1. Download the flashable zip.
- Option 1: Magisk
- Option 2: SuperSU (untested)
2. Transfer the zip to your phone.
3. Go to "Install" menu of TWRP and flash the zip.

Part 3a - HOW-TO FLASH CUSTOM ROMS:
1. Download the flashable zip.
2. Transfer the zip to your phone.
3. Go to "Install" menu of TWRP and flash the zip.
Simple.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to kairi_zeroblade For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kairi_zeroblade Ad-Free
20th December 2017, 01:56 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 156

More
Thank you very much for your fine work.

I went to the download site, and the file TWRP-3.2.1.0-greatlte.tar does not seem to work with the latest Odin for some reason.

So I used the recovery.img via the older TWRP on the phone and all good.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flame Red For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Flame Red Ad-Free
20th December 2017, 06:02 PM |#5  
Flag Netherlands/Sneek
Thanks Meter: 455

More
Tnx team...got the .img and flashed...reboot in recovery...and working like a charm...realy appreciate the works 🤗🤗

Sent from my SM-N950F using XDA-Developers Legacy app
The Following User Says Thank You to marcjuh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marcjuh Ad-Free
20th December 2017, 07:03 PM |#6  
Flag Durango
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Thanks for the work!

Enviado desde mi Galaxy Note 8 mediante Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to fermintm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fermintm Ad-Free
23rd December 2017, 01:23 PM |#7  
Flag Somewhere
Thanks Meter: 519

More
What's the difference between this and the original thread? Is this a newer version that's actively maintained? Thanks
23rd December 2017, 07:47 PM |#8  
Flag Karlsruhe
Thanks Meter: 86

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by white7561

What's the difference between this and the original thread? Is this a newer version that's actively maintained? Thanks

This is the newest version. The other is a older version and i think from maintainer. No more Supports, because there are no new Updates since months

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using XDA Labs
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bushido1992 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bushido1992 Ad-Free
24th December 2017, 01:50 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes this is newer upstream (uses android-8.0 branch from Omni) and I will try my best to keep it up-to-date..

I am also looking for kernel testers as I, alone testing my work will be Bias (I do own both S8 and Note8)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kairi_zeroblade For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kairi_zeroblade Ad-Free
24th December 2017, 02:07 AM |#10  
Flag Somewhere
Thanks Meter: 519

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kairi_zeroblade

Yes this is newer upstream (uses android-8.0 branch from Omni) and I will try my best to keep it up-to-date..

I am also looking for kernel testers as I, alone testing my work will be Bias (I do own both S8 and Note8)

So I could just flash this over the old twrp? Also. Any bugs? Thanks so much eh
24th December 2017, 02:26 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So I could just flash this over the old twrp? Also. Any bugs? Thanks so much eh

You can Either use Odin (I re-uploaded a new Tarball) or just flash the image via an earlier version of TWRP..so far this has no bugs, I tried ADB sideload, backup and restore and had no issues..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kairi_zeroblade For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kairi_zeroblade Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)