FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Is your navigation bar burnt into the display?

Yes, it is

5 Vote(s)
11.63%
No, it's not

38 Vote(s)
88.37%

Navigation Bar Burn In. Anyone else?

33 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By ShooterLight, Member on 23rd September 2017, 11:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Received my Note 8 11 days ago and I was now looking at a gray picture in my gallery when I noticed the navbar was already burnt into the screen (and the buttons, too). It's barely noticeable, but can definitely be seen if you know what you're looking for.

I've now checked my Nexus 6P which I've been using for a bit more than a year before the Note 8 arrived and it also has the navbar burn-in, but it's as barely noticeable as the Note's one, and that's scary. 1 year of usage and it has the same burn-in as an 11-day old Note 8.

Now, the question is: Am I alone?

P.S: Download a gray image (I've attached one for you) and view it fullscreen with max brightness to test it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gray.jpg
Views:	4894
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	4281288  

24th September 2017, 12:23 AM |#2  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 2,795

More
Not even gonna bite. If it's there, I don't want to know about it haha
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to _MetalHead_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift _MetalHead_ Ad-Free
24th September 2017, 12:28 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
I was really hoping that screen burn in was a thing of the past. My Note 4 had major burnin with the status bar at the top of the screen within the first year of owning it. It's ridiculous and one of the main things that makes me want to avoid OLED screens. LCD screens may be inferior to OLED in most ways, but at least you don't get burn in Burn in within a few days of ownership would have to be a record.

My phone is supposed to finally arrive on Monday. If this is a thing, then I'll just send it back. A lot of money to spend on a device with that flaw.
24th September 2017, 12:52 AM |#4  
Flag Pearl City
Thanks Meter: 356

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterLight

Received my Note 8 11 days ago and I was now looking at a gray picture in my gallery when I noticed the navbar was already burnt into the screen (and the buttons, too). It's barely noticeable, but can definitely be seen if you know what you're looking for.

I've now checked my Nexus 6P which I've been using for a bit more than a year before the Note 8 arrived and it also has the navbar burn-in, but it's as barely noticeable as the Note's one, and that's scary. 1 year of usage and it has the same burn-in as an 11-day old Note 8.

Now, the question is: Am I alone?

P.S: Download a gray image (I've attached one for you) and view it fullscreen with max brightness to test it.

I don't see any burn in

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
24th September 2017, 12:54 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
No burn in here and I've had my phone since 9/11. I use it A LOT as well.
24th September 2017, 01:07 AM |#6  
Flag all over the country
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Nope. No burn-in here also.
I haven't experienced any burn-in effects since Note 2, but I used that one for navigation almost every day for years.
24th September 2017, 01:41 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 594

More
On my Note 4. It's only there if I go out of my way to look for it. I'm sure the Note 8 will be the same. If you snoop around for flaws, it's there on all phones.
24th September 2017, 01:43 AM |#8  
Flag Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 2,415

Donate to Me
More
Not on mine. Been using since 9/6
The Following User Says Thank You to me2151 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift me2151 Ad-Free
24th September 2017, 01:49 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiNJiN76

On my Note 4. It's only there if I go out of my way to look for it. I'm sure the Note 8 will be the same. If you snoop around for flaws, it's there on all phones.

Yea. My Note 4 is really bad, but it's also three years old.

But after only 11 days?
The Following User Says Thank You to usmaak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift usmaak Ad-Free
24th September 2017, 03:09 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 226

More
I have Note 3 since 2013 , used it for over 3 yrs as my daily driver and honestly I have no idea what do you people talk about, there is absolutely nothing resembling burn in on that screen, do I need to add there is no burn in on my new Note 8 either? Come to think of it over the years I also had Galaxy S3, S5, S8 and never seen burn in on those either. I've seen burn in on LCD screens, I couldn't believe it, I don't know how, but I've seen it, however after years of use.
Isn't navbar supposed to disappear after a while, until you bring it up again, or OP locked it in?
The Following User Says Thank You to pete4k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pete4k Ad-Free
24th September 2017, 04:12 AM |#11  
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 870

More
No burn in on my Australian Note 8, but it is only 7 days old...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)