FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Is your navigation bar burnt into the display?

Yes, it is

20 Vote(s)
19.05%
No, it's not

85 Vote(s)
80.95%

Navigation Bar Burn In. Anyone else?

33 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By ShooterLight, Member on 23rd September 2017, 10:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th October 2017, 10:32 PM |#21  
Flag Limassol, Cyprus
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Mine has already began to burn in on top right (status bar) where time & clock are displayed. Have it since 15/9.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

6th November 2017, 09:38 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Waze burns me
Waze has been the worst for screen burn for me. My S7 Edge had a very visible report icon that showed up on any white screen. I was really hoping this wouldn't be an issue for my Note 8, but unfortunately I began seeing it after just a couple of weeks.

I've started turning my screen off while driving, but it drives me nuts that I have to do that. It would be nice if the Waze developer would add a setting to prevent it... like changing the icon color periodically and moving it slightly (I'm ignorant about screen technology and whether that would even be helpful).
11th December 2017, 11:21 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 275

More
I've been using an all black navigation bar overlay, and I'm now noticing some heavy burn-in. I find this a bit surprising, as I was under the impression that AMOLED displays are turned OFF where true black is present. Anyone have any insight they can share?

Thanks in advance.
15th December 2017, 06:17 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieces of cake

I've been using an all black navigation bar overlay, and I'm now noticing some heavy burn-in. I find this a bit surprising, as I was under the impression that AMOLED displays are turned OFF where true black is present. Anyone have any insight they can share?

Thanks in advance.

Yep, when a pixel is true black (#000000) the pixel is actually turned off. Using a black nav bar causes uneven screen wear. The nav icons will burn in at the same rate as the rest of the display, which the nav bar background itself burns in much slower, leading to uneven wear.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sigilizer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sigilizer Ad-Free
16th December 2017, 09:47 PM |#25  
Flag Spring Hill, FL
Thanks Meter: 686

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigilizer

Yep, when a pixel is true black (#000000) the pixel is actually turned off. Using a black nav bar causes uneven screen wear. The nav icons will burn in at the same rate as the rest of the display, which the nav bar background itself burns in much slower, leading to uneven wear.

So true. Sk basically it's better to not have a black 0000 navbar or status bar thus results in a more even wear .

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
17th December 2017, 04:44 AM |#26  
Flag COATZACOALCOS
Thanks Meter: 422

Donate to Me
More
Now 1 month of use, no burn
18th December 2017, 12:42 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Sorry to hear you're having issues with your display, I do appreciate the very informative posts happening within this thread, I learned a lot of useful information I wouldn't have known otherwise.

I had really bad burn-in over time on my Pixel XL, with my Note 8 I used an adb command to hide the nav bars, that's avoided any burn-in issues I would have run into.
26th December 2017, 10:29 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
**** I just updated my note 8 and when it was on that blue screen I noticed the status bar is burned in at the very top of the screen.wtf is this covered under warranty?And if they replace my screen will the phone still be waterproof?.I've heard of disasters happening when people are getting the screen replaced the replaced screen have light bleed along the edges

Btw my phone I got it on day of release sp around 3 months.i. gutted I have the screen brightness set at 40 percent or less .why is this happening?
27th December 2017, 12:34 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
3 months of heavy use and zero burn in. Exynos EU version
27th December 2017, 02:56 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Strange I've been using Samsung amoled screens for yrs and never experienced any burn in issues

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
27th December 2017, 03:32 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketgirl90

Strange I've been using Samsung amoled screens for yrs and never experienced any burn in issues

this.
I've used Samsung devices for years- TV'S, tablets, phones. Never had any burn in.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)