FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Is your navigation bar burnt into the display?

Yes, it is

20 Vote(s)
19.05%
No, it's not

85 Vote(s)
80.95%

Navigation Bar Burn In. Anyone else?

33 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By ShooterLight, Member on 23rd September 2017, 10:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th April 2018, 12:48 PM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I also have this problem... It happened with my note 4 (4 years old now).

I got my note 8 last October 2017. My brightness is always low since I'm a bit photophobic. There wasn't a burn a month ago. Now I'm seeing that same line and it's distracting once you have an all white screen.

If my note 4 is any indication, soon the burn will affect graphics in games and movies.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

9th April 2018, 02:30 PM |#72  
Flag Spring Hill, FL
Thanks Meter: 683

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxram

I also have this problem... It happened with my note 4 (4 years old now).

I got my note 8 last October 2017. My brightness is always low since I'm a bit photophobic. There wasn't a burn a month ago. Now I'm seeing that same line and it's distracting once you have an all white screen.

If my note 4 is any indication, soon the burn will affect graphics in games and movies.

Wow oh why isn't there an invisible with or amoled black navbar available stock rom beats me.

When I was on Nougat, I used Wings Substratum to make the navbar be all black. Sure miss that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
9th April 2018, 04:43 PM |#73  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeybastard

Wow oh why isn't there an invisible with or amoled black navbar available stock rom beats me.

When I was on Nougat, I used Wings Substratum to make the navbar be all black. Sure miss that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The bottom navigation is noticeably darker than the screen.

The notification area is lighter then the screen.

It's not that noticeable for now if you play games or movies.

But on my note 4 screen it's there. Since the nav bar is physical, the burn is only on the notification bar. It's lighter than the rest of the screen. And I play a certain game a lot, I've noticed that the game buttons have been burned on the screen. But that took like 4 years to happen.

2 years into owning note 4 and using that floating home button, it's burned on the screen too.

Like I said, I don't have my brightness at max. I'm always on auto with the slider usually at half because of my photophobia.

I'm just sad to see this on my note 8 barely 3 months after getting it.

9th April 2018, 05:47 PM |#74  
Thanks Meter: 2,772

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxram

The bottom navigation is noticeably darker than the screen.

The notification area is lighter then the screen.

It's not that noticeable for now if you play games or movies.

But on my note 4 screen it's there. Since the nav bar is physical, the burn is only on the notification bar. It's lighter than the rest of the screen. And I play a certain game a lot, I've noticed that the game buttons have been burned on the screen. But that took like 4 years to happen.

2 years into owning note 4 and using that floating home button, it's burned on the screen too.

Like I said, I don't have my brightness at max. I'm always on auto with the slider usually at half because of my photophobia.

I'm just sad to see this on my note 8 barely 3 months after getting it.

Try what I did, I used SystemUI Tuner to enable immersive mode and bxActions to give nav bar fucntions to my Bixby button. Remapping the button feels a little odd for a few weeks but I reset my device and found myself tapping the Bixby button thinking it would take me back or home.

That said you can still swipe the nav bar up so that's no biggie, the biggest take away is being able to have immersive across all apps to mitigate burn in.
10th April 2018, 03:25 PM |#75  
Thanks Meter: 262

More
I've had the phone since released and this is my first Samsung to experience some type of screen issue. It's probably not burn in but bottom 2/3 of screen has a yellow tint. Happen around Christmas/new years . Only shows on white screens.

Got the phone in a BOGO so I'm not tripping
13th April 2018, 01:10 AM |#76  
Flag Spokane Valley
Thanks Meter: 1,326

More
Maybe using AOD will help prevent this. I always have the AOD edge clock on with infinity wall paper. And I can't see anything burned in. When the screen is off AOD is kind of like a screen saver that changes what is displayed, and where, so the pixels that are used for the notifications are getting used like the rest of the screen. Evening out their usage more than just turning off. I just used the screen check app with solid colors and I seriously can't see anything burned in. I was expecting to see the home button at least, but nothing is there.
19th April 2018, 02:32 AM |#77  
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Never notice screen burn in either my Note 4 or Note 8.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)