Newbie - So what is the benefit of Rooting your phone nowadays?

Search This thread

Grizaje

Apr 14, 2014
Last time I was here was during the HTC EVO days and got my phone rooted. Back than - it increased my battery life and unlocked a lot of capabilities the phone was able to handle.

Nowadays - buying a note 8 seems very powerful as is. These capabilities I spoke of are now there... so what is the purpose nowadays for rooting?
At the moment, I am considering rooting only to remove the bloat and I enjoy a barebones Rom... but even than, 64gb - I dont know if I really should bother or not... convince me please

Last time I was here was during the HTC EVO days and got my phone rooted. Back than - it increased my battery life and unlocked a lot of capabilities the phone was able to handle.

Nowadays - buying a note 8 seems very powerful as is. These capabilities I spoke of are now there... so what is the purpose nowadays for rooting?
At the moment, I am considering rooting only to remove the bloat and I enjoy a barebones Rom... but even than, 64gb - I dont know if I really should bother or not... convince me please
I agree - no rooting. You just introduce instability. This thing is a wicked fast BEAST.

- R. Kruse Ludington

Galaxy Note 8<-5<-3<-S3<-Nexus; Droid X; HTC HD2<-Touch Pro 2<-Tilt<-8525; O2 XDA II<-XDA

The_Keeper86

May 15, 2015
nVidia Shield Android TV (2017)
I root mainly for xposed (not working on the SD Note 8 yet). To edit the csc features xml, to use sixaxis controller app, titanium backup and a few other things. It's true you don't not root on such a bad ass phone like this as it's great is but I enjoy having control over my device.

j_hansen

Oct 19, 2012
You won't need root unless you are a developer I don't think, everything we needed root for back in Note 2,3,4 days are now available out of the box or there is an app for it

Majin101

May 8, 2010

Bk package disabled app should suffice for you

Kalm_Traveler

Dec 8, 2011
many of the reasons for rooting are still present, mostly boiling down to much greater ability to customize the software, as well as more flexible backup options.

Rooting certainly does not introduce instability, as the phone will continue to run as stock until software is changed/deleted/added to make it 'run' differently.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Get 4k recording with 60 fps (exynos only)

Recover anything thats permanently deleted from internal stprage

More customisation etc