Note 8 256GB & Dual Sim?

Search This thread

kingjack

Oct 18, 2008
Mumbai
Ok. So I have been following this thread https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-8/help/n950n-note-8-256gb-att-t3675577/page12, while waiting for some semblance of Note8 Duos, Exynos,256GB, Orchid Grey. Reason being that I'm either going to use T-mobile or AT&T as a second sim. There, @murtaza02 has claimed Samsung has discontinued the FD line to avoid confusion, counteracting what I have read here: https://www.techwalls.com/samsung-galaxy-note-8-sm-n950-model-number-differences/ and elsewhere. Earlier in this thread, @maheshhtc has assured us he/she has seen ads hinting this model should be available soon. @kingjack seems to be seeing the same. @kingjack I hope you can regularly press your Samsung India contact for updates!

Does anyone have any facts to contribute re which exynos dual sim (correct) model name will eventually be available in 256GB? I just want a correct model number to enter into my daily search. I don't know if the FD discontinuance is accurate or not, @murtaza02 seems fairly convinced that it is.

Any verifiable information appreciated!

I am checking with him at least twice in a week, but even he does not have any new updates. Also, Sammy Korea is known not to divulge too much information about upcoming variants to too many people in Sammy India. Guess, we will have to wait till Oct end to have better visibility. Meanwhile, if anycome comes across any Exynos 256GB version launch, do update

BILLY!!!!

Nov 9, 2016
Guess I'm holding onto my note 7 a little longer.

Anyone got any idea at all if a exynos/256GB/ Dual Sim version will have color limitations?

gcappa

Oct 20, 2010
Toronto
The previous exynos was more energy efficient compared to the previous snapdragon so people assume that it will be the same this year. Honestly I have the s8+ with the snapdragom 835, and I can't be bothered to wait for the exynos. So ordered the dual 256gb snapdragon phone. Both chips are very similar in all regards this generation imo.

x111

Jul 3, 2009
Hey did u get korean edition yet? I'm looking for the same thing. Could you tell me where u got yours? Tnx

I didn't get my yet, so far I found that we in Canada with freedommobile can use only note8 sm-n950f which is just 64gb :crying:
and I hate microsd cards, it's slow and completely unreliable, it will die on you in any giving moment, especially when you keep important info and when you far from home.

Last edited:
Reactions: YelloLabs

YelloLabs

Jul 1, 2010
I didn't get my yet, so far I found that we in Canada with freedommobile can use only note8 sm-n950f which is just 64gb :crying:
and I hate microsd cards, it's slow and completely unreliable, it will die on you in any giving moment, especially when you keep important info and when you far from home.

OK thanks. I've ordered one from local store and still waiting. Hopefully it comes in as N not 0 this 3rd try from their vendor lol. I'll let you know when it does come in.

Reactions: x111

LostinCanada

Sep 21, 2011
Hi @kingjack thanks for the update - please keep checking and keep us posted. I will post here if I see anything. I'm going crazy with my Note 4 - on the verge of chucking it off the nearest cliff or running over it with my car... LOL It's beyond time for an upgrade and this delay is causing me intense frustration. :(

Reactions: Darmxz

YelloLabs

Jul 1, 2010
Unfortunately after 3 weeks of waiting and 3x delivery error with swiftronics vendor. Refunded deposit went for wondamobile. /Cross fingers

Gray.Fox

Mar 1, 2011
i give up
buying a samsung phone should not be that difficult
i was looking for S8+ 128gb but everyone told me getting note 8 with bigger storage is much easier
now after wasting time looking for a note 8 international version with bigger storage it turned out same story, only for specific countries
i know it's not the right place to ask but since all of you here are expert in samsung, does anyone know/recommend other android devices similar or close to the note 8 ?
iphone devices with bigger storage is available in every shop but it seems android devices are lacking storage capacity smh

evangelionpunk

Oct 15, 2012
i give up
buying a samsung phone should not be that difficult
i was looking for S8+ 128gb but everyone told me getting note 8 with bigger storage is much easier
now after wasting time looking for a note 8 international version with bigger storage it turned out same story, only for specific countries
i know it's not the right place to ask but since all of you here are expert in samsung, does anyone know/recommend other android devices similar or close to the note 8 ?
iphone devices with bigger storage is available in every shop but it seems android devices are lacking storage capacity smh

Just get the note 8 if you like it.
Need Dual sim, international compatibility and Exynos? Get SM-N950F/DS and get whatever micro sdxc you want.
Need Single sim, Exynos model, can accept slightly limited frequency/band compatibility and with 256gb? Get the Korean SM-N950N.
Need Dual sim, 256gb and Qualcomm (don't care about rooting and so on which is easier for now with exynos)? Get SM-N9500 HK model.

rajsoma

May 7, 2013
Singapore
Need Dual sim, international compatibility and Exynos? Get SM-N950F/DS and get whatever micro sdxc you want.
Need Single sim, Exynos model, can accept slightly limited frequency/band compatibility and with 256gb? Get the Korean SM-N950N.
Need Dual sim, 256gb and Qualcomm (don't care about rooting and so on which is easier for now with exynos)? Get SM-N9500 HK model.
If we buy the hongkong model, will Samsung pay work in all countries. I used to travel. Now im in India. Will it work here?

Reactions: vasra

Gray.Fox

Mar 1, 2011

I know the model i need, just can't find it online
Couldn't find anyone selling N950F 256GB dual sim except one Italian seller in eBay and it's pre order base ( 2 weeks) a bit fishy ad and i don't want to get scammed again

evangelionpunk

Oct 15, 2012
If we buy the hongkong model, will Samsung pay work in all countries. I used to travel. Now im in India. Will it work here?

The SM-N950F/DS should work once you reset your phone on receiving it with an Indian sim card (and might show you indian promotions etc then)

The HK model might work or might not and if it works the promotions will be from HK banks in Cantonese and you cant change that.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

I know the model i need, just can't find it online
Couldn't find anyone selling N950F 256GB dual sim except one Italian seller in eBay and it's pre order base ( 2 weeks) a bit fishy ad and i don't want to get scammed again

N950F/DS only goes up to 64gb hence you would get a microsdxc card.

Reactions: julsar

Blueprint1114

Oct 23, 2017
Was told by samsung support Latin/English that the SM-N950F/DS model comes in 64gb/128gb/256gb but could offer no help where they are selling. One seller on amazon (mercate group) told me they don't have enough demand to bring the higher capacity storages for that model.

Last edited:

vasra

Jun 3, 2009
Snapdragon vs Exynos variant differences

The previous exynos was more energy efficient compared to the previous snapdragon so people assume that it will be the same this year. Honestly I have the s8+ with the snapdragom 835, and I can't be bothered to wait for the exynos. So ordered the dual 256gb snapdragon phone. Both chips are very similar in all regards this generation imo.

Exynos variant of Note8 has superior stand-by to Snapdragon variant. Snapdragon is more efficient in talk-time and slightly Video playback. This has been tested thoroughly by GSMArena and many others.

The bigger differences are these (assuming factory / OEM unlock on both):

1. You can get SamFail implemented rooting withOUT tripping KNox, but FAILing SafetyNet checks on Snapdragon (currently). This cuts down maximum battery recharge level to 80% (you can't recharge the battery any more to 100%).

2. You can get Magisk implemented rooting with tripping knox, AND passing SafetyNet Checks on Exynos (currently). You can also get a working Xposed Framework for Exynos (install via Magisk).

These are major differences in usage for advanced rooting users. The performance differences, as per many, many tests, are very minimal (when RAM amount is the same).

Last edited:

vasra

Jun 3, 2009
News about 128/256gb exynos??

There's plenty of Single SIM 256GB Exynos units for sale:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...Galaxy+Note8+256GB+Single+SIM+-N9500&_sacat=0

but they are all SINGLE SIM only (2nd slot is for SDCARD only).

There are currently NO Dual SIM Exynos variants with 128GB or 256GB flash ROM for sale.

The only 256B Dual SIM ones listed on eBay are HK variants and they are Snapdragon, not Exynos, even though the seller(s) claim otherwise:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_od...axy+"Note+8"+Exynos+"Dual+SIM"+256GB&_sacat=0

Reactions: julsar

julsar

Sep 1, 2007
There's plenty of Single SIM 256GB Exynos units for sale:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...Galaxy+Note8+256GB+Single+SIM+-N9500&_sacat=0

but they are all SINGLE SIM only (2nd slot is for SDCARD only).

There are currently NO Dual SIM Exynos variants with 128GB or 256GB flash ROM for sale.

The only 256B Dual SIM ones listed on eBay are HK variants and they are Snapdragon, not Exynos, even though the seller(s) claim otherwise:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_od...axy+"Note+8"+Exynos+"Dual+SIM"+256GB&_sacat=0
Thank u so much!
I forgot to tell that i need dual sim... :(

vasra

Jun 3, 2009
Thank u so much!
I forgot to tell that i need dual sim... :(

It's ok :D
I*m waiting for the same thing: 256GB OEM unlocked, regio-free, DUAL SIM Exynos variant of Note8.

Doesn't look like it's coming.

I may end up buying the 64GB ROM Exynos Dual SIM variant. I have a 256GB sdcard anyway, and there is a simultaneous DUAL SIM + sdcard adapter that works:

http://www.simore.com/en/dual-sim-a...neously-hybrid-dualsim-slot-x-extender-2.html

With this adapter, you can use both SIM slots of your dual sim phone (both active) AND use the sdcard at the same time. The trick is that the extension cable comes out from the sim tray slot and you need to wrap it around a case, outside the phone itself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UHcdKKWJ3A

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi Darmxz I would stay far away from that seller. I purchased an inaccurately described phone (Snapdragon posing as Exynos) which someone thankfully pointed out before I actually received the phone. I had considerable difficulty getting a straight answer, or my money back from the seller. In the end, I did, but I will not be doing business with him again.
    You won't be able to get the N950F ROM on it with OTAs.
    You'll have to trip KNOX and flash a custom ROM which doesn't include the Korean carrier bloat.

Sent from my SM-G955F
    Pretty much this exactly. I guess you could technically just delete the carrier bloat on the stock firmware but that would still require root, KNOX tripping, no more OTA updates etc.

I've just accepted that I'll have to keep manually flashing Odin updates, then reapplying kernel, root, CSC patch etc (which with my own csc zip I'm deleting carrier bloat now - you just gave me an idea to make a separate N950N debloater zip).
    Ah! No need to apologize, or re-locate @Bezbozny! It's just the 256GB N9500 is available from many sources and has been for some time. Most of us are trying to find the Exynos version which has not been released anywhere in the world that we know of - so we're glued here looking for a glimmer of hope. But some, like you are looking for the Snapdragon version and that has been a topic of discussion in this thread. Cheers!

If a person needs the 256gb version and dual SIM cards, just buy the 256gb Korean version and flash one of the 950F-based ROMs, and buy one of those dual-SIM adapters on eBay. I don't know if you'd need a 2nd IMEI for the 2nd slot but other than that you should be all set.
    Snapdragon vs Exynos variant differences

Exynos variant of Note8 has superior stand-by to Snapdragon variant. Snapdragon is more efficient in talk-time and slightly Video playback. This has been tested thoroughly by GSMArena and many others.

The bigger differences are these (assuming factory / OEM unlock on both):

1. You can get SamFail implemented rooting withOUT tripping KNox, but FAILing SafetyNet checks on Snapdragon (currently). This cuts down maximum battery recharge level to 80% (you can't recharge the battery any more to 100%).

2. You can get Magisk implemented rooting with tripping knox, AND passing SafetyNet Checks on Exynos (currently). You can also get a working Xposed Framework for Exynos (install via Magisk).

These are major differences in usage for advanced rooting users. The performance differences, as per many, many tests, are very minimal (when RAM amount is the same).
    Galaxy Note 8 N950F Dual SIM with 256SD

Here work !!

SM-N950F with 64 GB

- SIM 1 Slot SIM 1
    - SIM 2 and SD in Multi - SLOT 2