FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Touchscreen problem

455 posts
Thanks Meter: 35

By _terror_, Senior Member on 26th September 2017, 09:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
So since last night I've been having these phantom touches on my note. Whenever and wherever I touch with my finger, an extra touch is made close to the status bar. This makes it impossible to scroll, swipe and pinch to zoom. I've enabled developer mode and turned on the "show touch" function. And it is as I described.. almost whenever I touch the screen, an extra touch is made at the top.

I've tried going in to the special Service menu by typing *#0*#, and I fail the touchscreen test.

However, the spen works fine.whenever I use it, the phantom touches stops.
But it comes back when I use my fingers again.

I did a factory reset last night. Worked for like 3 hours, then it came back.

It comes and goes. So it's not all the time. It can work for an hour without problems. But most if the time, the error is there.

Any thoughts? Or should I just return it?

26th September 2017, 10:10 AM |#2  
Wichita Falls, Texas
Thanks Meter: 566

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _terror_

So since last night I've been having these phantom touches on my note. Whenever and wherever I touch with my finger, an extra touch is made close to the status bar. This makes it impossible to scroll, swipe and pinch to zoom. I've enabled developer mode and turned on the "show touch" function. And it is as I described.. almost whenever I touch the screen, an extra touch is made at the top.

I've tried going in to the special Service menu by typing *#0*#, and I fail the touchscreen test.

However, the spen works fine.whenever I use it, the phantom touches stops.
But it comes back when I use my fingers again.

I did a factory reset last night. Worked for like 3 hours, then it came back.

It comes and goes. So it's not all the time. It can work for an hour without problems. But most if the time, the error is there.

Any thoughts? Or should I just return it?

Just a thought as I watched a video on the Note 8 last night and if the screen is or has been wet it won't respond to touch but will to the s pen.
26th September 2017, 10:11 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrant3876

Just a thought as I watched a video on the Note 8 last night and if the screen is or has been wet it won't respond to touch but will to the s pen.

It hasn't and aren't wet at all though
26th September 2017, 11:15 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
are you using any type of screen protector, accessory, or case? when the note 7 recall happened, I was offered a s7 edge as replacement and because of its contour I noticed I contacted the screen "edges" often with my grip which threw off my touch screen, is it possible the same thing is happening?

---------- Post added at 05:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 AM ----------

wearing any jewelry that may create possible interference? there is a magnetic sensor near the "z" on the portrait orientation keyboard used by the official flip covers that could be being tripped unintentionally
26th September 2017, 04:19 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superman77532

are you using any type of screen protector, accessory, or case? when the note 7 recall happened, I was offered a s7 edge as replacement and because of its contour I noticed I contacted the screen "edges" often with my grip which threw off my touch screen, is it possible the same thing is happening?

---------- Post added at 05:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 AM ----------

wearing any jewelry that may create possible interference? there is a magnetic sensor near the "z" on the portrait orientation keyboard used by the official flip covers that could be being tripped unintentionally

Yeah sorry forgot to mention that. It's a naked phone. No case nor screen protector. Never been dropped or bumped into anything. I've been really gentle with it thus far.
26th September 2017, 09:16 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 136

More
I think there's something wrong with your digitizer, exchange it!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)