FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Wireless Charging Stopped Working

90 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

By emike09, Member on 26th September 2017, 04:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Wireless charging on my bundled Wireless Charging Convertible pad stopped working yesterday and I haven't been able to get it to function again. Starting yesterday morning, the charger pad wouldn't recognize the phone at all, case off. After playing around for a while, including clearing the cache from Recovery, I can get the charger to recognize the phone, the phone now says Fast Charging, but the phone continues to drain over time vs charging. Some users in the past have gotten a Charging Paused message, by I don't get that message unless I remove the phone from the charging pad.

I've tried two Samsung Fast Charging AC adapters, the USB cable that came with the charging pad, and an Aukey cable, same results.

Has anybody else experienced any issues like this with their Note 8 or convertible charging pad?

Edit: MST also doesn't work, I'd guess it's related.

26th September 2017, 04:47 PM |#2  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 1,807

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emike09

Wireless charging on my bundled Wireless Charging Convertible pad stopped working yesterday and I haven't been able to get it to function again. Starting yesterday morning, the charger pad wouldn't recognize the phone at all, case off. After playing around for a while, including clearing the cache from Recovery, I can get the charger to recognize the phone, the phone now says Fast Charging, but the phone continues to drain over time vs charging. Some users in the past have gotten a Charging Paused message, by I don't get that message unless I remove the phone from the charging pad.

Has anybody else experienced any issues like this with their Note 8 or convertible charging pad?

Only way to diagnose this would be by trying to charge the phone with another wireless charging pad.
Does your phone charge normally through the provided type-C cable and power adapter?
26th September 2017, 06:19 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Found a non-convertible style wireless charger a co-worker had, which charges his S7, but doesn't charge mine Note8. Could it be the phone itself?
26th September 2017, 07:52 PM |#4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by emike09

Found a non-convertible style wireless charger a co-worker had, which charges his S7, but doesn't charge mine Note8. Could it be the phone itself?

I would not rule that out. I would take your charger and phone to a local best buy and test against a display, if your charger charges other phones, then it's your note. Or try your carriers local corporate store, they probably would help as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Note8 using XDA Labs
27th September 2017, 06:52 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Well I can verify that the phone is the problem. Note 8 won't charge on any wireless charging pad, and Samsung Pay's MST also stopped working at the same time. Going to contact Samsung and see what can be done, hope I don't have to set up a new phone yet again.
27th September 2017, 10:11 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
This happens to me alot. I have 2 wireless pads, 1 verizon (from my note 7) and the Samsung Fast Charge.. It just stops working randomly.. Reboot the phone, then starts working fine again.
27th September 2017, 10:36 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
I still use my Nokia wireless pad....I found it charged the time as the Samsung fast wireless charger.
27th September 2017, 10:53 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 399

More
Probably not much help but are you on the latest firmware? When I updated mine it said the new changes were for the camera & wireless charging but of course no other details.

I haven't had a problem with mine though even before the update. I don't have the bundled charging pad though, I'm using the older Samsung fast charge pad.

https://www.sammobile.com/2017/09/13...a-performance/
27th September 2017, 11:20 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Good luck. Same problem with my s8+, samsung says its not the phone. But it is. Every problem with a warranty repair is like pulling teeth with samsung. I wish LG would up thier phone game just a little, and I would never buy another samsung again.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
28th September 2017, 02:07 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
is this after the 9/25 update? Mine stopped charging after that update on both Samsung fast wireless chargers I have.
28th September 2017, 02:35 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have a Note 5 that will not charge on either a normal wireless Samsung charger or a fast charger Samsung pad IF the protective case is on it. This started just this week. I can remove the protective case and then it will charge.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
charging, convertible, note 8, pad, wireless

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)