FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Youtube issue

952 posts
Thanks Meter: 55

By babak, Senior Member on 2nd March 2018, 03:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
hi guys, I have a strange problem with youtube for a few days, pinch to zoom does not work anymore even if I had done that trick deleting cache of the phone, you also have this problem?
Last night the camera button also gave me to create a live video, no longer today, crazy youtube or my notes?

2nd March 2018, 08:15 PM |#2  
Flag COATZACOALCOS
Thanks Meter: 257

Donate to Me
More
I have recently received an OTA, FEB. 686 mb, I have a youtube app prior to latest, pinch to zoom works, but only a very little zoom, and gif making is available
The Following User Says Thank You to winol For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift winol Ad-Free
3rd March 2018, 01:23 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag italy

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by winol

I have recently received an OTA, FEB. 686 mb, I have a youtube app prior to latest, pinch to zoom works, but only a very little zoom, and gif making is available

So you mean the latest youtube is buggy?

gif making is include in ota feb 686 ?
3rd March 2018, 02:02 AM |#4  
Flag COATZACOALCOS

Donate to Me
More
Gif making has been always been available, pinch to zoom too, the only differnce in my case is that I have not updated youtube since january
The Following User Says Thank You to winol For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift winol Ad-Free
3rd March 2018, 07:01 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag italy

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by winol

Gif making has been always been available, pinch to zoom too, the only differnce in my case is that I have not updated youtube since january

Perhaps we have misunderstood ourselves, I have never had problems about gif making and I do not understand why you are talking about this.
my problem is only youtube, can you kindly tell me which version of youtube are you using?
3rd March 2018, 08:07 PM |#6  
Flag COATZACOALCOS

Donate to Me
More
I understood fine, I was trying to say that MAYBE the combination of software update AND youtube version is what is not working well in your case, I am using youtube 13.03.58
4th March 2018, 04:34 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 393

More
The latest ver I was running was 13.01.53 & never had an issue with fit-to-screen/pinch-to-zoom. YT along with Maps are apps that I don't like to always update to the latest version when released. Buggy sometimes in my experience.

I'm currently running iYTPBP 12.49.55 with no issues either. I'll never go back to stock YT again.
4th March 2018, 11:21 AM |#8  
Flag Flacq
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Hello there! I have been having the EXACT problem as you. Go to the Play Store, then on the Youtube app page. Uninstall it. It will just uninstall the updates and stick to the version of the app that comes with the latest build of your phone. (Which is a very recent one). In this one, the Pinch to Zoom works normally.

Once a new update is out fixing this issue, just let the Play Store update your app as usual.

Regards
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Praks93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Praks93 Ad-Free
4th March 2018, 09:15 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag italy

More
thanks guys, after the v suggestions, I did an experiment, I found an old version of youtube on the net, I uninstalled youtube updates and I installed the old version, the problem disappeared, after I updated youtube and now pinch to zoom works.
a mysterious thing, during these operations in the old version I appeared only once for a chance to make live video (streaming from the phone), but when I reopened the application was gone, youtube does not want to give us the streaming.
4th March 2018, 09:37 PM |#10  
Flag COATZACOALCOS

Donate to Me
More
Good for you man! It is good to see when somebody has success fixing some issue!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)