FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Guide: N9500 Unlocking the BL and TWRP

65 posts
Thanks Meter: 98

By BlueEffect, Member on 28th October 2017, 06:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
N9500 ONLY. DOESNT WORK WITH US MODELS. STOP THINKING ITS THE SAME JUST CUZ BOTH ARE SNAPDRAGON.

EDIT: YOU want to try, you try, else DO not flood the thread with useless comments about how safe is this or what not. If you are afraid the chinese will take your close to useless info and kidnap you, can't help you with that.

I unlocked my BL with this file. Currently waiting for people to make 3rd party roms for it.
Attached link to my gdrive.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...1BpUUJPenI1Y00
Download and install. It will prompt you if you wish to unlock BL. It will not wipe ur internal. You can proceed with ODIN to flash TWRP.

TWRP is available too.
TWRP link : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...GJIN0R2NVBtNUk

PLEASE have firmware files available in case of any errors.

AndroidPay works. Magisk is fine

NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2017-11-05_22-56-20.jpg
Views:	8406
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	4323915   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2017-11-05_22-59-47.jpg
Views:	8262
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	4323916  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BlueEffect For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BlueEffect Ad-Free

29th October 2017, 12:43 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Has anyone tried this? The file is called 835crom....... 835 snapdragon I'm assuming. I downloaded it just in case, but won't install just yet. Though, if it were true, I'd unlock my bootloader in a heartbeat.
29th October 2017, 01:13 AM |#3  

More
Permissions are kinda insane but unlocking bootloader is basically changing everything. I still don't trust enough to install.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20171028-181100.jpg
Views:	4434
Size:	247.9 KB
ID:	4316986   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171028-181028.jpg
Views:	4404
Size:	250.8 KB
ID:	4316988  
29th October 2017, 03:00 AM |#4  
OP Member
Flag My Bed

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas5acre

Permissions are kinda insane but unlocking bootloader is basically changing everything. I still don't trust enough to install.

You can try it. I have done it. Permissions might be alot as it sends the info it needs to the chinese server for unlocking. Anyway CROM service is used inthe Chinese market due to regulations. Can be downloaded off Samsung Galaxy Apps if you are wary.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20171029-004941.jpg
Views:	2912
Size:	246.3 KB
ID:	4317061   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171029-004952.jpg
Views:	2906
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	4317062  
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueEffect For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BlueEffect Ad-Free
29th October 2017, 03:27 AM |#5  
Flag Enumclaw
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Great now we are unlocking access via a Chinese server. 'Cause that seems safe. Not saying anything against China but, a majority of hacks are produced there.

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

Who's brave enough? I also don't see the point of most of these permission requirments....Even if it needs to access servers. Why does it need to access my calendar?
29th October 2017, 04:26 AM |#6  
OP Member
Flag My Bed

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazemc

Great now we are unlocking access via a Chinese server. 'Cause that seems safe. Not saying anything against China but, a majority of hacks are produced there.

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

Who's brave enough? I also don't see the point of most of these permission requirments....Even if it needs to access servers. Why does it need to access my calendar?

Lol. That's how it's done there. If you are against it, no one's forcing you to do it. If you actually did some research about it, xda has posts about CROM. Besides, its distributed itself by Samsung inthe Galaxy Apps.
29th October 2017, 06:50 AM |#7  
Flag Enumclaw
Thanks Meter: 82

More
I would not trust this and good luck to whoever does.
29th October 2017, 07:23 AM |#8  
OP Member
Flag My Bed

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazemc

I would not trust this and good luck to whoever does.

Sure. If you don't trust Samsung then you shouldn't be using the phone. Please kindly leave and do not flood the thread with non constructive comments. Thanks!
29th October 2017, 03:28 PM |#9  

More
I'm not finding it in galaxy apps. I might install eventally if someone volunteers to test as well. To the OP, if this works, thanks for pointing it out.
29th October 2017, 05:18 PM |#10  
Flag Cicero, IL
Thanks Meter: 13

Donate to Me
More
Not saying I don't believe you or anything. I hope this isn't offensive, I apologize if so. You can understand why most people would be weary.

Just curious based on your screenshot, it just says successful and doesn't go through the process of wiping your internal data? Which usually is kinda part of the process when unlocking the BL...
29th October 2017, 07:08 PM |#11  
OP Member
Flag My Bed

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglitz

Not saying I don't believe you or anything. I hope this isn't offensive, I apologize if so. You can understand why most people would be weary.

Just curious based on your screenshot, it just says successful and doesn't go through the process of wiping your internal data? Which usually is kinda part of the process when unlocking the BL...

Entirely up to u to try. If u are afraid of risks, then so be it. There surely will be people who try. And no, it does not wipe. You can go and visit S8 thread where there is CROM service threads about it. Downloading Apps may requires a Chinese Samsung account.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)