FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Guide] Note8 Can Do 4K60FPS [EXYNOS]

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 46
 
By KunkerLV, Junior Member on 14th September 2018, 07:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
No Root needed!

Step 1:

Download this APK and install it.

EDIT: ATTACHMENT



Step 2:

Open the app. Tap on settings. Tap on the last tab. Tap: "Edit Camera Script"



Step 3:

Paste this

preview-size=%pref_width%x%pref_height%
video-size=%video_width%x%video_height%
camera-mode=1
cam_mode=1
cam-mode=1
video-hfr=60
preview-fps-range=60000,60000



Step 4:

Click Apply and enjoy sweet 4K60fps



Didn't expect this to become popular! Thanks!
Consider donating via paypal: [email protected] All donations appreciated!
Attached Files
File Type: apk rubberbigpepper.lgCamera_2016-12-21.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.13 MB, 52626 views)
The Following 43 Users Say Thank You to KunkerLV For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KunkerLV Ad-Free
 
 
14th September 2018, 10:50 PM |#2  
kumuyi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 82
 
More
Does it work?
15th September 2018, 12:41 PM |#3  
web site looks shabby and suspicious. can you just upload the apk here ?
15th September 2018, 01:10 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsser

web site looks shabby and suspicious. can you just upload the apk here ?

Yeah of course!
15th September 2018, 10:19 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumuyi

Does it work?

Just try it. I uploaded the APK here too so it's easy!
The Following User Says Thank You to KunkerLV For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KunkerLV Ad-Free
15th September 2018, 10:43 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
Can someone who tried it post videos of the resulting vid?
16th September 2018, 12:16 AM |#7  
RavenY2K3's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 440
 
More
Thanks for the post, I did run the file through Virus total first, nothing bad found and according to the media info from a recorded clip (and you can see it with your own eyes too) it does appear to be recording 4k 60 FPS.
16th September 2018, 12:43 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
It acctually works!
I'm on the N950FXXU5CRHA firmware.
I just don't get why the video size is so small for UHD (60fps) video?
I recorded 4K (UHD) 30fps from stock camera and it was 300 MB, while 4k 60fps has 250mb
Maybe because it doesn't have HDR
Can you turn on HDR with this camera or is there a script?
I opened Video Info Viewer and here:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180916-013837_Video Info Viewer.jpg
Views:	6764
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	4597111  
16th September 2018, 01:27 AM |#9  
RavenY2K3's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 440
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow7107

It acctually works!
I'm on the N950FXXU5CRHA firmware.
I just don't get why the video size is so small for UHD (60fps) video?
I recorded 4K (UHD) 30fps from stock camera and it was 300 MB, while 4k 60fps has 250mb
Maybe because it doesn't have HDR
Can you turn on HDR with this camera or is there a script?
I opened Video Info Viewer and here:

Maybe your bit rate is set to a smaller value, I think it's about 50MBPS from the stock app.

I'm going to have a play with it in the morning to test further.
16th September 2018, 11:58 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenY2K3

Maybe your bit rate is set to a smaller value, I think it's about 50MBPS from the stock app.

I'm going to have a play with it in the morning to test further.

Thank you so much!
The default was set to 14MBPS, but I set it 50 as you said and video size is 750MB!
It's amazing that note8 can record 4k 60fps.
Technicly, this is the first phone that is able to record.
And "able to record" doesn't mean there is an option.

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Btw @KunkerLV

Will this app work on custom ROMs?
For examle if note 8 gets lineage OS, can we use this to record 4k?
And can we use this method on project treble GSI?
Or does this need samsung library?
The Following User Says Thank You to Xenos7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xenos7 Ad-Free
16th September 2018, 04:21 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow7107

Thank you so much!
The default was set to 14MBPS, but I set it 50 as you said and video size is 750MB!
It's amazing that note8 can record 4k 60fps.
Technicly, this is the first phone that is able to record.
And "able to record" doesn't mean there is an option.

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Btw @KunkerLV

Will this app work on custom ROMs?
For examle if note 8 gets lineage OS, can we use this to record 4k?
And can we use this method on project treble GSI?
Or does this need samsung library?

1. Yes you could probably.

2. I'm not quite sure on that one

Edit: Also i don't know why @zeroprobe doesnt add this to his mod.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes