[Guide] Note8 Can Do 4K60FPS [EXYNOS]

Search This thread

tambi.33

Jan 30, 2019
Does this change the script of the default camera or can 60fps be recorded only through this app

Evilsonja

Apr 27, 2019
No Root needed! :)

Step 1:

Download this APK and install it.

EDIT: ATTACHMENT

Step 2:

Open the app. Tap on settings. Tap on the last tab. Tap: "Edit Camera Script"

Step 3:

Paste this

preview-size=%pref_width%x%pref_height%
video-size=%video_width%x%video_height%
camera-mode=1
cam_mode=1
cam-mode=1
video-hfr=60
preview-fps-range=60000,60000

Step 4:

Click Apply and enjoy sweet 4K60fps

:D

Didn't expect this to become popular! Thanks!
Consider donating via paypal: balodis10@gmail.com All donations appreciated! ;)

Thanks

everway9

Mar 27, 2019
Carlisle
I can't speak for zeroprobe but I certainly wouldn't have incorporated a mod such as the one facilitated by installation of this particular app into any Note 8 Camera Mod which I happened to have developed. The app is LG software designed to run on LG hardware, and running it on Samsung hardware within a ...........

Spot on. Great info.

Thanks @tlmmoteus ?

Last edited:

MaikyRayan

Feb 20, 2016
Can anyone make this work on the Galaxy A8 2018? any recording at 60fps :')

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

Paste this

camera-mode=1
cam_mode=1
cam-mode=1
video-hfr=60

Step 4:

Is there any way to record 60fps on Galaxy A8 2018?
pls, help this device

MaikyRayan

Feb 20, 2016
Did you look in the a8 forums?

Yes, but no one has tried it yet on galaxy a8 2018, there is no post about 60fps or about working on Gcam, I don't understand about developing, so I'm asking for help on other forums, I really wish there was some way that the A8 could record at 60fps.

Pls, somebody help us ?

dantheman77

Jan 8, 2017
Do I have to use the IG camera app or can I use the stock camera app?

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

Why does the video look so grainy??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

Paste this

camera-mode=1
    cam_mode=1
    cam-mode=1
    video-hfr=60

Step 4:

I can't speak for zeroprobe but I certainly wouldn't have incorporated a mod such as the one facilitated by installation of this particular app into any Note 8 Camera Mod which I happened to have developed. The app is LG software designed to run on LG hardware, and running it on Samsung hardware within a Samsung software environment was never going to result in a quality of output even remotely comparable to that of the stock Samsung app, let alone the modded version.

The LG software cannot exploit the very specific Samsung hardware and software environment, particularly that dictated by the kernel. Compatibility is essential for maximisation of output and can only be achieved under design and development environments in which the configuration of each component is able to be adjusted and fine tuned relative to those made to surrounding components whilst paying close attention to consequences which affect the entire system in a holistic fashion.

An organ transplant is always compromise and a seemingly impossible challenge in much the same way.

The particular app attached to this thread does not shoot video in 4K as is incorrectly claimed in the original post. It shoots in UHD, which is close enough to 4K to be approximated as such, but it certainly is not 4K, irrespective of how close it is to being so. The app takes 4K photos but it is only capable of shooting videos at a maximum resolution of UHD. It is indeed capable of doing this at 60fps but the QHD @ 60fps setting in zeroprobe's mod produces a quality of output several orders of magnitude greater than that of the UHD @ 60fps garbage which the LG app spits out.

Resolution and framerate are merely two criteria relevant to photographic quality. The S7 had a 16MP rear-facing camera yet the S8, S8+ and Note 8 "downgraded" to 12MP - yet the picture quality is inarguably superior in the newer models on all levels.

Professional video cameras aren't capable of even half the maximum framerate of the Note 9 yet their video quality is in a class above, due very much to their exceedingly superior dynamic range, and due to the improvements facilitated by this aspect alone, the video quality achieved by a professional unit would leave any flagship phone camera's efforts for dead.

I suggest adjusting your Note 8's settings so as to enable you to observe the difference between the RAW and JPEG images produced. The RAW images appear to be sickeningly inferior to the JPEG files, to the extent that it may well take some time for you to realise that the two images are in fact the same photo. The RAW image is auto-edited by the phone's software and compressed to JPEG format so as to produce an acceptable quality of image and conserve storage space. Professional photographers generally edit the RAW images taken by an SLR, but the RAW images they start with are several orders of magnitude superior to those produced by modern camera phones. Therefore, not as many "blanks" need to be "filled in" and the images can be edited far quicker than the decade or two which a phone camera would necessitate for just a single image, and they are more authentic in the sense that they are less like a dot-to-dot than to a colouring book with complete drawings minus the colours.
    so im on an s8+ and this is doing nothing for me. i checked twice file info and its still 30fps 49mb/s. ofc im using stock app with this method otherwise is kinda pointless

So i guess its kinda pointless you complaining if the OP tells you to install and use the LG camera ;)