Thanks Meter: 1,283

By BlueFox721, Senior Member on 9th October 2017, 01:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th February 2018, 11:26 AM |#1021  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
XAA or VZW firmware
I have a TMO branded Note 8. Unlocked.

It will be headed to VZW. I have already flashed XAA.

Can anyone recommend flashing XAA vs VZW firmware to maximize connectivity?

11th February 2018, 11:33 AM |#1022  
Thanks Meter: 224

More
Any word on the Olympic edition firmware?
11th February 2018, 03:46 PM |#1023  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ear10

I have a TMO branded Note 8. Unlocked.

It will be headed to VZW. I have already flashed XAA.

Can anyone recommend flashing XAA vs VZW firmware to maximize connectivity?

Pm sent
11th February 2018, 03:47 PM |#1024  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootuser3.0

Olympic?
11th February 2018, 04:01 PM |#1025  
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 1,320

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootuser3.0

I believe it's just a theme and some apps.
11th February 2018, 04:09 PM |#1026  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Orange 645

I believe it's just a theme and some apps.

Cool...I'll watch out for it...
11th February 2018, 04:14 PM |#1027  
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 1,320

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFox721

Cool...I'll watch out for it...

Well, one minute after he posted that question here, he posted in another thread that Olympic Oreo was out. But gave no further explanation or source. Not sure what he's going on about.
12th February 2018, 03:39 AM |#1028  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Hi BlueFox721. Can 950U1 firmware be flash to 950U firmware on tmobile purchased phone. My note 8 in now carrier unlocked by t mobile. I'm trying to get rid of the t mobile bloat. I'm no longer on t mobile plan. XAA firmware
12th February 2018, 07:06 AM |#1029  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benhidalgo

Hi BlueFox721. Can 950U1 firmware be flash to 950U firmware on tmobile purchased phone. My note 8 in now carrier unlocked by t mobile. I'm trying to get rid of the t mobile bloat. I'm no longer on t mobile plan. XAA firmware

Yes..use Prince Comsy's Odin
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueFox721 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BlueFox721 Ad-Free
12th February 2018, 07:09 AM |#1030  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley

Donate to Me
More
For those who are rooted, look out for my BlueFox N950U1 ROM in a few days...stock...rooted, deodexed, deknoxed, zipaligned....

I am working on the guide and will post this week....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueFox721 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BlueFox721 Ad-Free
12th February 2018, 04:31 PM |#1031  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Hi - Thanks for the great guide. I've read through this, but I just want to confirm a couple of things. Background device info... I have a Unlocked Note 8 with Sprint service. If I have taken all OTA updates to this point, am I correct that I should have Sprint Unlocked Firmware?
My Phone Model is SM-950U1. I've had an issue with Bixby not being able to turn on Mobile Hotspot even though I can turn it on manually. Samsung has remotely gone into my phone and tried to fix the issue, but they have not been able to. Bixby always goes to the main settings screen and tries to tell me that it is the Mobile Hotspot and tethering settings even though it obviously isn't. If I give her the direct command to turn on hotspot, she either runs into hiccups or cannot perform the operation right now. Could this be a problem with my firmware/software? Samsung claims that I have a software issue and want me to send the phone in for repair, but the phone is perfect in every way other than this one issue. Also, in recovery, I get the following: ensure_path_unmounted failed to unmount /efs (device or resource busy)

I have hard reset the phone numerous times and nothing changes. I would like to play around with carrier firmware and carrier software if possible, but I want to make sure that I can get back to exactly what I have if there are issues. What would I need to flash in order to get Sprint Visual Voicemail working? Also, after I flash over to all the sprint FW/SW/userdata what would I need to flash to get back to how my phone is now?

When I go into recovery on the first line, I have the following:

No Support Single-SKU
Supported API: 3
E: ensure_path_unmounted failed to unmount /efs (Device or resource busy)

# Manual Mode v1.0.0#
-- Appling Multi-CSC...
Applied the CSC-code : SPR
Successfully applied multi-CSC.
-- Deleting selective files
remove failed dir '/system/app/IOAGent ' (No such file or directory)
-- Deleting RSU selective file
Successfully deleted RSU selective file

Successfully verify for dmverity hash tree

Is all of the above normal, or do I appear to have issues that need to be resolved by Samsung prior to flashing anything?

Hopefully this isn't too off topic, and thank you in advance for your help. I've been pulling my hair out over this for about 2 weeks now.

One other side note, I had a sprint branded Note 8 for a few weeks, but I ultimately returned it for an unlocked Samsung Note 8. Could any of my issues be related to my google account or Samsung Cloud account restoring buggy settings? Thanks again for all the help. I'll definitely make a donation if someone can help me through this without having to mail my phone to a Samsung repair facility.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
n950usqu2bqja, n950usqu2bqjb, n950usqu2bqk2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)