Thanks Meter: 1,286

By BlueFox721, Senior Member on 9th October 2017, 01:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th February 2018, 10:11 PM |#1041  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFox721

See if downgrading to 2BQK2 has the same issue...

If so, Follow the switching carrier guide to change CSC code from XAA to ATT...then flash ATT firmware...

If not, then you are good to upgrade...Flash the updated ATT Firmware...

So many thanks for responding! How will I get to know that the flashing is successful?
1. Should I see ATT bloatware apps?
2. Should the CSC code change to ATT?

13th February 2018, 10:37 PM |#1042  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by astranomina

So many thanks for responding! How will I get to know that the flashing is successful?
1. Should I see ATT bloatware apps?
2. Should the CSC code change to ATT?

Your swversion will be
ATT/ATT/XAA or ATT/ATT/ATT

and yes bloat will be there

Changing CSC code will do it for sure but try the BQK firmware first
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueFox721 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BlueFox721 Ad-Free
14th February 2018, 03:08 AM |#1043  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:

The recovery info is normal...
You can flash the XAA Firmware that matches your version
- for instance, if you have 2BQL2 flash 2BQL2...if you have 3BRA5 flash 3BRA5

For VVM you need to flash carrier version
- since I have not posted SPR for 3BRA5 you can use any other carrier 3BRA? Firmware without USERDATA...if you are on BRA firmware...
- else if you are on 2BQL2...flash SPR BQL9 firmware...

I just use Google voice (transcription is free)

If flashing a Firmware in Odin does not fix your
Issue, there may be something else wrong...not software...

Thank you for getting back to me, and I appreciate your commitment to the thread/community (donation sent). I was able to find the SPR 3BRA6 in another thread, and I flashed it successfully. Bixby now works to turn on Mobile Hotspot, but the only reason is because it resides in the main menu on sprint. Do you know if Bixby gets installed based on carrier somehow rather than model no.? When I was on unlocked SW/FW, Bixby just couldn't get to the hotspot settings. which might be the only thing that I would ever need to use Bixby for. Sorry to let Bixby creep up into your thread like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to ssamboy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ssamboy Ad-Free
14th February 2018, 03:54 AM |#1044  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssamboy

Thank you for getting back to me, and I appreciate your commitment to the thread/community (donation sent). I was able to find the SPR 3BRA6 in another thread, and I flashed it successfully. Bixby now works to turn on Mobile Hotspot, but the only reason is because it resides in the main menu on sprint. Do you know if Bixby gets installed based on carrier somehow rather than model no.? When I was on unlocked SW/FW, Bixby just couldn't get to the hotspot settings. which might be the only thing that I would ever need to use Bixby for. Sorry to let Bixby creep up into your thread like this.

I think Bixby is utilizes the SM-N950U settings only and since unlocked models use a universal settings...No go on some commands...several users have posted tickets on it to Samsung...best thing to do is "Hi Bixby", "Open Quick Pannel" and then toggle it manually...I may try to move the setting in my ROM...
14th February 2018, 11:34 AM |#1045  
Flag Savannah, GA
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Ok...see if you can help...if it has already been covered I apologize as I have scoured the posts trying to find the answer first. I am on Verizon Note8. I flashed the ATT BRA8, got the 32% fail, phone rebooted to recovery, and I installed update which is Oreo CRB7. So I'm wondering how, if at all possible, can I flash to the U1 firmware...BRA5 preferably. Does updating to the Oreo builds negate the ability to do so? I tried to flash to the U1 BRA5 software using PrinceComsy's Odin and Un-modded Odin with no success. Maybe I'm just overlooking something. Thanks in advance for any help you can give. Again...if this has been covered already, I apologize.
14th February 2018, 07:48 PM |#1046  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

Your swversion will be
ATT/ATT/XAA or ATT/ATT/ATT

and yes bloat will be there

Changing CSC code will do it for sure but try the BQK firmware first

Thanks for this information.
  1. I first tried downgrading from N950USQS2BQL5 (ATT) to N950USQS2BQK2 (ATT) , and it didnt help.
  2. As you suggested, I then moved from N950USQS2BQK2 (ATT) to N950U1UEU2BQL2 (XAA), and then finally to N950USQS2BQL5 (ATT). This did the trick - I was happy to see ATT bloatware (for a change). Also WiFi calling and VoLTE options seem to be present/enabled (not sure if they actually work). SW version now says ATT/ATT/XAA.

The one remaining issue now is the updates - the update page says I am on the latest version even though N950U1UEU3BRA5 (ATT) seems to be available. Fixing this is low priority for me, but am game to try to see if something can help.

Again, many many thanks to BlueFox for walking me through this.
The Following User Says Thank You to astranomina For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift astranomina Ad-Free
14th February 2018, 08:11 PM |#1047  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgart

great guide bro !

you missed to write that the last CSC value can't be changed without root because is hard written in EFS config, es:

if you bought a TMO Note 8 ( for example ) and you want carrier switch to Unlocked Firmware following this guide you always have a device like this in "About Phone" :

XAA/XAA/TMB and never XAA/XAA/XAA

For sure the last third CSC code value is not relevant because it only specify which is the original Vendor and it doesn't impact at all in any aspect of new installed firmware

I did few s8,s8+ and note 8 for switching carriers, would you mind explain more about the "XAA/XAA/TMB and never XAA/XAA/XAA"
in ABOUT PHONE ?

thanks.
14th February 2018, 10:26 PM |#1048  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have an American Verizon Note 8 that I'm using in Germany with a T-Mobile sim card. I'm not getting updates and my csc is VZW/VZW/VZW.

I have never flashed or even jailbroke a phone. I'm not afraid of trying but I"m not sure what I need to do to make my phone update and be more usable. Any help would be appreciated
14th February 2018, 10:27 PM |#1049  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raejr78

Ok...see if you can help...if it has already been covered I apologize as I have scoured the posts trying to find the answer first. I am on Verizon Note8. I flashed the ATT BRA8, got the 32% fail, phone rebooted to recovery, and I installed update which is Oreo CRB7. So I'm wondering how, if at all possible, can I flash to the U1 firmware...BRA5 preferably. Does updating to the Oreo builds negate the ability to do so? I tried to flash to the U1 BRA5 software using PrinceComsy's Odin and Un-modded Odin with no success. Maybe I'm just overlooking something. Thanks in advance for any help you can give. Again...if this has been covered already, I apologize.

You can flash the U1 3BRA5 firmware using Prince Comsy's Odin...if you have issues, reboot to recovery and perform a factory reset, then back out to main recovery menu and select reboot to bootloader...then flash U1 3BRA5 firmware using Prince Comsy's Odin...

If you still have issues, downgrade to another carrier BRA firmware...maybe download was bad
15th February 2018, 12:44 AM |#1050  
Flag Savannah, GA
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:

You can flash the U1 3BRA5 firmware using Prince Comsy's Odin...if you have issues, reboot to recovery and perform a factory reset, then back out to main recovery menu and select reboot to bootloader...then flash U1 3BRA5 firmware using Prince Comsy's Odin...

If you still have issues, downgrade to another carrier BRA firmware...maybe download was bad

Thanks. I'll try that and update you afterwards.
15th February 2018, 01:46 AM |#1051  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Man I love seeing how active these threads are! Lots of problem solving and people willing and able to help! Love this community!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OptimuSlime For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OptimuSlime Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
n950usqu2bqja, n950usqu2bqjb, n950usqu2bqk2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)