Post Reply Email Thread
17th February 2018, 02:21 PM |#1061  
Recognized Contributor
Columbus, Indiana
Thanks Meter: 1,814

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imSh0w

there are some malus to not change that part of csc?

When I said it can't be changed, what I meant was there is no way to change it. It is hard coded into the device.

17th February 2018, 02:27 PM |#1062  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam30era

When I said it can't be changed, what I meant was there is no way to change it. It is hard coded into the device.

understood that, my question is : whats the difference beetween unbranded and branded csc fort the last part of the string. thanks
17th February 2018, 02:29 PM |#1063  
Recognized Contributor
Columbus, Indiana

More
Quote:

understood that, my question is : whats the difference beetween unbranded and branded csc fort the last part of the string. thanks

It depends on your carrier. On some carriers, WiFi calling won't work, or visual voice mail. You'll have to try it and see if all premium features offered by your carrier are available on your device.
The Following User Says Thank You to cam30era For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cam30era Ad-Free
17th February 2018, 02:31 PM |#1064  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam30era

It depends on your carrier. On some carriers, WiFi calling won't work, or visual voice mail. You'll have to try it and see if all premium features offered by your carrier are available on your device.

thanks for the answer , appreciated
The Following User Says Thank You to imSh0w For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift imSh0w Ad-Free
17th February 2018, 02:46 PM |#1065  
Recognized Contributor
Columbus, Indiana

More
Quote:

thanks for the answer , appreciated

Welcome. See post #1002, on page 101 for more information.
17th February 2018, 07:05 PM |#1066  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley
Thanks Meter: 1,288

Donate to Me
More
ATT 3BRA8 updated in OP, shouldn't be any errors now. Make sure to extract all files, they are individually compressed to save space.
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueFox721 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BlueFox721 Ad-Free
17th February 2018, 11:53 PM |#1067  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFox721

Use switching carrier section to change the code to ATT, even if it is already there, and then flash the ATT firmware again...Make sure to use V3 Bootloader Firmwares...this usually clears issues up...

I tried this switching carrier and made it to flashing ATT firmware using steps for flashing carrier formware, however I got a problem when going to abd/platform tools using command prompt, it didn't work, but all using the odin & flashing files with matching att firmwares, they're all pass. In short, when typing adb reboot bootloader, adb shell, installing xac or changing the csc codes to ATT, I kept trying went to binar homescreen, then I did not see that IME part. So now, I still have the same problem, no wifi calling, video calling, not sure yet group sms(no incoming text from group sms).

John
SM - N950U
BASEBAND version: N950USQS3BR8
Service provider SW ver. : SAOMC_SM_N950U_OYN_ATT_0078ce071717745740310c7e
ATT/ATT/XAA
18th February 2018, 01:25 AM |#1068  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley
Thanks Meter: 1,288

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkath

I tried this switching carrier and made it to flashing ATT firmware using steps for flashing carrier formware, however I got a problem when going to abd/platform tools using command prompt, it didn't work, but all using the odin & flashing files with matching att firmwares, they're all pass. In short, when typing adb reboot bootloader, adb shell, installing xac or changing the csc codes to ATT, I kept trying went to binar homescreen, then I did not see that IME part. So now, I still have the same problem, no wifi calling, video calling, not sure yet group sms(no incoming text from group sms).

John
SM - N950U
BASEBAND version: N950USQS3BR8
Service provider SW ver. : SAOMC_SM_N950U_OYN_ATT_0078ce071717745740310c7e
ATT/ATT/XAA

Make sure adb is setup and that you start command prompt with run as administrator and change directory to your adb folder

adb devices will see connected decices
18th February 2018, 08:16 PM |#1069  

More
Sorry if this has been asked, there are a lot of posts I may have passed up the answer.

I have a carrier unlocked note 8 from Sprint, I want to use it on a Verizon prepaid service. Do I need to follow carrier switching and then carrier flashing or just one of those?

Thanks
18th February 2018, 11:51 PM |#1070  

More
Btw, I got an unlocked note 8(sm- n950u1), with at&t sim card. Initially, I flashed with ...s3BRA8 w/ at&t variant, still wifi calling and video calling are not working. Tried doing carrier switching, no problem from step 1-10, however steps 11 - 27, right after step, my phone went recovery but does not have the option of resetting, and doing step 11, (adb already set up & on the right folder), its says my phone not listed or is not authorized, so it stuck on the boot, no option to slide the vol up/down, so I have to turn off, put it on downloading mode, wherein I go straight to step to step 28(flashing carrier firmware).

Other problems encountered: phone went to factory binary homescreen, (at least 15- 30 min waiting)but it did not load up to IME, to dial the code step 22. So, I have to skip to step 28, because it stock to boot/recovery.

So now, my note 8, which is on 7.1.1(android ver), N950U model, NMF26X.N950USQS3BA8.

Problems so far encounter w/ the phone: no video calling, no wifi calling, group sms incoming text partial or not receiving text from from iphone/android user.

Last, I think my unlocked phone does not have the right recovery mode, because there's no option of resetting, power off, reboot, mounting the phone so I can connect to adb.

Any help, will greatly appreciated
Junkath
20th February 2018, 02:39 PM |#1071  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgn86

Sorry if this has been asked, there are a lot of posts I may have passed up the answer.

I have a carrier unlocked note 8 from Sprint, I want to use it on a Verizon prepaid service. Do I need to follow carrier switching and then carrier flashing or just one of those?

Thanks

Is the phone registered on Verizon network? Have network bars, data connectivity etc
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
n950usqu2bqja, n950usqu2bqjb, n950usqu2bqk2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)