By BlueFox721, Senior Member on 9th October 2017, 01:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd October 2017, 10:36 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 1,436

More
[QUOTE=BlueFox721;74270213]
Quote:
Originally Posted by borijess

Use the XAA...not ATT unlocked....see how it goes then...

But boot to recovery first and factory reset then back out to recovery main menu and select boot to bootloader and then flash XAA complete...then after setup...flash CSC and USERDATA files from ATT complete...setup phone with SIM and let provision...

So let it boot up and setup after flashing the unlocked firmware.? After that boot back to bootloader and flash the CSC and USERDATA?

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Do we do this prior to flashing anything or just when flashing USERDATA and CSC?

- Edit the "UMS/PATCH" of config file for Odin and Prince Comsy Odin from "0" to "1" and save ("Ctrl S")

23rd October 2017, 10:51 PM |#102  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley
Thanks Meter: 1,280

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So let it boot up and setup after flashing the unlocked firmware.? After that boot back to bootloader and flash the CSC and USERDATA?

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Do we do this prior to flashing anything or just when flashing USERDATA and CSC?

- Edit the "UMS/PATCH" of config file for Odin and Prince Comsy Odin from "0" to "1" and save ("Ctrl S")

Yes

Just when flashing USERDATA and CSC files...

config file for Odin set to 1 for UMS/Patch
24th October 2017, 12:25 AM |#103  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFox721

Yes

Just when flashing USERDATA and CSC files...

config file for Odin set to 1 for UMS/Patch

Ok I did exactly this and it still didnt work. I flashed the unlocked first booted up and made a phone call and it worked fine. Then I rebooted into download mode and flashed the USERDATA and CSC of the ATT and now I cant make calls again.
24th October 2017, 01:41 AM |#104  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ok I did exactly this and it still didnt work. I flashed the unlocked first booted up and made a phone call and it worked fine. Then I rebooted into download mode and flashed the USERDATA and CSC of the ATT and now I cant make calls again.

Another ATT user had success with performing factory reset in recovery, backing out to main recovery menu then selecting boot to bootloader and then flashing the AQH7 (original) XAA complete firmware...then when get to setup screen (don't provision or setup yet), boot to bootloader and flash AT&T AQH7 CSC and USERDATA files.

If you still have issues, it is because of provision issues and the device showing up as SM-N950U1 instead of SM-N950U...the only way to fix this is to have AT&T reprovision the imei...if it does work your in...

If you just want to start fresh use the switching carrier guide to change CSC back to XAA then flash XAA firmware...when you insert ATT SIM it will default to ATT on reboot...and then you can boot to bootloader and flash AT&T CSC and USERDATA files...

If nothing works and AT&T does not add IMEI to their whitelist, you may be stuck with whatever version did work...
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueFox721 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BlueFox721 Ad-Free
24th October 2017, 05:21 AM |#105  
Flag Somewhere in Colorado
Thanks Meter: 2,262

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

**Welcome to the Fox Den!**
Entire OP HERE! Lol

Hey sir, I have the Xfinity firmware uploading to my Google Drive. I can provide you a link so that you can add to the OP if you'd like.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jammol For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jammol Ad-Free
24th October 2017, 05:48 AM |#106  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammol

Hey sir, I have the Xfinity firmware uploading to my Google Drive. I can provide you a link so that you can add to the OP if you'd like.

Pm me...I'll add it as soon as I can
24th October 2017, 08:38 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Please help!
Hi Members,

I am new here and have a question, hoping experienced co-members can help.

I have a Samsung Note 8 from At&t and looking to flash the Note 8 unlocked firmware on to it.

1) What is the difference between flashing XAA unlocked firmware and then flashing ATT csc and user file vs Flashing ATT carrier version of unlocked firmware? I see most of the users were doing the 1st method and wondering what this carrier version of unlocked firmware is in downloads page?
2) In either cases will i receive future ota updates? If so will they now be directly from Samsung or go through At&t servers?

Thanks in advance.
24th October 2017, 09:41 PM |#108  
Flag Somewhere in Colorado
Thanks Meter: 2,262

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Pm me...I'll add it as soon as I can

PM sent with link!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jammol For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jammol Ad-Free
25th October 2017, 04:41 AM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 174

More
I tried to follow the steps. Same problem here. Can't make outgoing or receive calls. So I just gave up and went with the Samsung without the att csc. I can live without wifi calling lol
25th October 2017, 06:49 AM |#110  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny05

I tried to follow the steps. Same problem here. Can't make outgoing or receive calls. So I just gave up and went with the Samsung without the att csc. I can live without wifi calling lol

What did you try?
25th October 2017, 10:40 AM |#111  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny05

Actually what I did I stayed with the AT&T stock firmware. That firmware was able to give me voice over LTE which gave me clear phone calls. As far as the video chat and Wifi calling that still does not work. I was able to disable alot of the bloatware so I'm sticking with this one for a while until I can get my IMEI registered or whitelisted then we'll be all good.
The Following User Says Thank You to borijess For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift borijess Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
n950usqu2bqja, n950usqu2bqjb, n950usqu2bqk2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)