7th April 2018, 04:18 AM |#1501  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley
Thanks Meter: 1,281

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevieboy02008

That's what I figured but someone was asking about it and I figured maybe I'm missing something lol. Thank you

Sometimes the carrier branded version of the unlocked firmware comes with a minimal USERDATA file....but thgey have been skimping out on the USERDATA file....
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueFox721 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BlueFox721 Ad-Free

7th April 2018, 04:21 AM |#1502  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFox721

Sometimes the carrier branded version of the unlocked firmware comes with a minimal USERDATA file....but thgey have been skimping out on the USERDATA file....

I understand that part. It was for the fully U1 one. Which I didn't think have one but you never know. Thank you very much man.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stevieboy02008 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Stevieboy02008 Ad-Free
7th April 2018, 04:45 AM |#1503  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Can I mix Carrier Specific and Regular XAA (Oreo)?
I downloaded both the regular XAA and the AT&T Carrier Specific U1:
The AP file in the att package is 3.6GB vs 2.8GB (XAA) Is that all the carrier bloat?
Can I mix the AP/BL/CSC from XAA with the Carrier Specific CP? Can I mix match firmware files between XAA and Carrier Specific?
Thanks
7th April 2018, 01:38 PM |#1504  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andr0idBoi

I have a Galaxy Note 8 that I bought from Verizon and I am using it with a T-Mobile SIM. The software updates don't work and I want to flash the T-Mobile firmware and switch the carrier. If I follow this tutorial, will I risk bricking my phone? I have the latest 7.1.1 update with the baseband N950USQS3BRB1. Please reply ASAP as I want to do this now!

I am not a senior member, but I have always been very successful with flashing Samsung phones using Odin. At first it was extremely difficult because I was ignorant of terminology and sometimes the steps listed or answers given by others were not clear to me. If you are unsure about the process, I suggest you read every word of the original post and get comfortable with the prerequisites and steps listed and figure out exactly what you want to accomplish and then read through other posts and questions that relate to your desired results. It won't take too long for you to figure out basic firmware flashing. It's very difficult to brick a newer Samsung device if you understand bootloaders and follow the instructions.
The Following User Says Thank You to BootjackCA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BootjackCA Ad-Free
7th April 2018, 03:00 PM |#1505  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:

I am uploading it soon...but for now updato or sammobile

Alternatively flash the ATT one without USERDATA file....when you get the Verizon one...flash the USERDATA file....this is only if download is slow for Verizon from updato or sammobile....

I am downloading now but I assume the USERDATA file is a part of the zips?
EDIT: I see it now. It is the last file in the series and I assume I would uncheck USERDATA when flashing?
7th April 2018, 05:53 PM |#1506  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
UPDATE for VZW users. I flashed over to VZW firmware from ATT on the SM-N950U. The 2 problems I was having were....
1. I was not able to edit the APN
2. Group messaging was not working without using the Verizon Messages+ app.
After flashing to the Verizon CRC2 there is no change. I still cannot send group messages or edit/add the APNs and shorcut master still does not work. I may flash to unlocked and see if that works. I will update this if it does.
After a factory reset I was able to get group messaging working again. I still cannot add/edit the APN or use shortcut master.
7th April 2018, 06:19 PM |#1507  

More
update for at&t users
I flashed att carrier specific U1 and CRC1 and hotspot works.
However, wifi calling and volte do not. I am going to try flashing crc2 userdata next

Will crc2 userdata work with crc1?
7th April 2018, 07:25 PM |#1508  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by illusivenick

I flashed att carrier specific U1 and CRC1 and hotspot works.
However, wifi calling and volte do not. I am going to try flashing crc2 userdata next

Will crc2 userdata work with crc1?

Answered my own question, can't mix CSCs. Got a boot error around 30 something percent.

Next question - Is there any way to upgrade past carrier specific u1 crc1? On the att forum they show crc5

Thanks
7th April 2018, 10:57 PM |#1509  
Flag San Francisco, California USA
Thanks Meter: 276

More
Quote:

The XAA complete firmware has bootloader, modem, system, and data....the efs, I believe is in the bootloader files once they extract...but the device info is hardcoded in device so the bootloader reads and updates accordingly....

The only difference between XAA and carrier firmware is the USERDATA FILE to update apps and settings

Thanks and I am correct that the XAA firmware mentioned in "Flashing Unlocked Firmware: Steps in Post 4" of the first post is complete firmware?
7th April 2018, 11:15 PM |#1510  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty1

Thanks and I am correct that the XAA firmware mentioned in "Flashing Unlocked Firmware: Steps in Post 4" of the first post is complete firmware?

Yes
8th April 2018, 03:36 AM |#1511  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley
Thanks Meter: 1,281

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacktacular

I am downloading now but I assume the USERDATA file is a part of the zips?
EDIT: I see it now. It is the last file in the series and I assume I would uncheck USERDATA when flashing?

Just don't load the USERDATA file in the UMS slot...leave blank
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueFox721 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BlueFox721 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
n950usqu2bqja, n950usqu2bqjb, n950usqu2bqk2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)