By BlueFox721, Senior Member on 9th October 2017, 01:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th May 2019, 12:35 AM |#2421  
Toronto, Ontario, Canada/Hampton, Virginia, USA
Thanks Meter: 896

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschramm

Finally got around to making the switch from AT&T to Verizon. Flashed XAA and then VZW. Everything appears to be correct, Verizon splash screen to start, advanced calling, wifi calling. Software says vzw/vzw/att, is that correct? or should they all be vzw?

The last one never changes. It is the vendor it was originally purchased it from.

24th May 2019, 12:37 AM |#2422  
New York
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww

The last one never changes. It is the vendor it was originally purchased it from.

will this get OTAs from Verizon now?
24th May 2019, 12:37 AM |#2423  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschramm

will this get OTAs from Verizon now?

Yes!
26th May 2019, 06:14 AM |#2424  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

You don't use any combination file at all. You use the full XAA U1 firmware to flash to first, then flash to the full TMB U firmware you want on your device. You need the modded or patched ODIN to convert your device. Do not use the HOME_CSC! You need to use the other CSC to ensure the conversion goes properly both times. You have to have USB Debugging enabked in the Developer Options for both flashes. Both firmware must be bootloader v5. Are you using the original USB cable that came with the device? Have you tried a USB 2.0 port? Do you have the correct drivers installed for your device when it is in Download Mode?

If I wanted to get the ATT Nougat firmware onto my U1 would I follow similar steps? Would princecombsy Odin in OP be the tool to use with the config file set userdata=1?
26th May 2019, 12:38 PM |#2425  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vietman00

If I wanted to get the ATT Nougat firmware onto my U1 would I follow similar steps? Would princecombsy Odin in OP be the tool to use with the config file set userdata=1?

Modded or patched ODIN and flash the full firmware. With AT&T though, they will not activate WiFi Calling and other features in any device not purchased from AT&T, even if it has the AT&T firmware.
The Following User Says Thank You to jcsww For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcsww Ad-Free
26th May 2019, 06:41 PM |#2426  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi Guys, I need help with my AT&T Note 8. I mistakenly flashed T-Mobile Pie One UI firmware from Oreo on the phone. Prior to flashing the firmware, everything worked fine. After I stalling the pie firmware, I can no longer send SMS. Then I grabbed an AT&T unlocked U1 firmware hoping to get my SMS working again but I am still unable to send SMS. I really love the unlocked firmware free of bloatware but I need to get back to being able to send SMS. Kindly point me to what I need to do.
Thanks
7th June 2019, 07:52 PM |#2427  
Flag Nashville
Thanks Meter: 25

More
I'm trying to flash the Sprint carrier firmware for the unlocked variant (950U1) so that I can get VoLTE. There are carrier versions for both 950U1 and 950U. Which of these do I need to flash?
7th June 2019, 07:53 PM |#2428  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctasich

I'm trying to flash the Sprint carrier firmware for the unlocked variant (950U1) so that I can get VoLTE. There are carrier versions for both 950U1 and 950U. Which of these do I need to flash?

There are no actual U1 carrier versions. Avoid anything that claims to be.
The Following User Says Thank You to jcsww For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcsww Ad-Free
7th June 2019, 07:57 PM |#2429  
Flag Nashville
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:

There are no actual U1 carrier versions. Avoid anything that claims to be.

Oh, I see. Both sammobile and updato have SM-N95U1 (SPR) versions. What are these?

Also, do I need to start by flashing the firmware for SPR on the frontpage. Or can I just download the latest SM-N950U (SPR) firmware and flash directly to that?
7th June 2019, 08:15 PM |#2430  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctasich

Oh, I see. Both sammobile and updato have SM-N95U1 (SPR) versions. What are these?

Also, do I need to start by flashing the firmware for SPR on the frontpage. Or can I just download the latest SM-N950U (SPR) firmware and flash directly to that?

Use the latest for flashing. The U1 user created carrier versions are the userdata and CSC of the Sprint firmware mixed with the U1 base. You would not get OTA's to install normally on that mixed firmware but will get OTA's and install fine with the Sprint U firmware.
13th June 2019, 05:35 PM |#2431  
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 329

More
My buddy has an ATT Note 8 currently on N950USQU1AQIA. The phone is already unlocked and he is currently using it on T-mobile. I wanted to help him out by switching the phone to T-mobile firmware. I have read the instruction multiple times but I still needed some clarifications before I start since it has been awhile since I used odin. This is my understanding from reading the instruction and if I am wrong could someone please correct me.

1. Flash COMBINATION file that matches the phone's firmware, which is AQIA, using Odin
2. Flash XAC_HOME_CSC using Prince Comsy's Odin
3. Change CSC to desirable carrier, in this case TMB, in CMD.
If successful then proceed to flash T-mobile firmware. This is where I have a question on. Can I flash to the latest T-mobile (Oreo) firmware from AQIA, or do I need to do it in an increment.

Thank you in advance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
n950usqu2bqja, n950usqu2bqjb, n950usqu2bqk2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)