FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE][All US Firmware][Switch Carrier][Flash Carrier/Unlocked]SM-N950U/U1/W

1,972 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,284
 
By BlueFox721, Senior Member on 9th October 2017, 01:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th June 2019, 01:42 AM |#2441  
dhoang's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 331
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww

Yes, but once you flash to a newer bootloader, you will not be able to flash any firmware with an earlier version of what the new firmware has.

I see. Thank you for the heads up. Are you running Pie? Is it stable?
 
 
14th June 2019, 01:45 AM |#2442  
jcsww's Avatar
Senior Member
Toronto, Ontario, Canada/Hampton, Virginia, USA
Thanks Meter: 952
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoang

I see. Thank you for the heads up. Are you running Pie? Is it stable?

I didn't like the OneUI so I rolled it back after a couple of days of using it to the update before Pie.
The Following User Says Thank You to jcsww For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcsww Ad-Free
14th June 2019, 06:33 AM |#2443  
dhoang's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 331
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww

I didn't like the OneUI so I rolled it back after a couple of days of using it to the update before Pie.

Thank you for helping me. Just flashed the phone to Oreo. Everything seems to be working fine. Is there a way to check if I have done a proper conversion or not?
14th June 2019, 11:14 AM |#2444  
jcsww's Avatar
Senior Member
Toronto, Ontario, Canada/Hampton, Virginia, USA
Thanks Meter: 952
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoang

Thank you for helping me. Just flashed the phone to Oreo. Everything seems to be working fine. Is there a way to check if I have done a proper conversion or not?

If the next OTA shows up and installs fine, then you are good.
24th June 2019, 10:58 PM |#2445  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Hi all,

Just got a 950u off ebay. It was titled as a Verizon phone but when I turned it on it showed the T-mobile splash screen. I tried putting in my Verizon sim card but it told me to put in a T-mobile sim card.

I was going to return it but then I came across this thread. I'm pretty familiar with using Odin with my note 4 but I haven't used the modded one. And can anyone clarify the steps a little to go from T-mobile to Verizon and get volte/OTA updates? Do I need to flash to U1 first (which I assume is the unlocked version) before flashing the Verizon U? Or can I just get the modded Odin and flash straight to Verizon? How do I know if I need to do post 2 or 3? What's the difference? Is there anything that has changed from the steps on the first page?

Thanks for any help!
24th June 2019, 11:05 PM |#2446  
jcsww's Avatar
Senior Member
Toronto, Ontario, Canada/Hampton, Virginia, USA
Thanks Meter: 952
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00ly

Hi all,

Just got a 950u off ebay. It was titled as a Verizon phone but when I turned it on it showed the T-mobile splash screen. I tried putting in my Verizon sim card but it told me to put in a T-mobile sim card.

I was going to return it but then I came across this thread. I'm pretty familiar with using Odin with my note 4 but I haven't used the modded one. And can anyone clarify the steps a little to go from T-mobile to Verizon and get volte/OTA updates? Do I need to flash to U1 first (which I assume is the unlocked version) before flashing the Verizon U? Or can I just get the modded Odin and flash straight to Verizon? How do I know if I need to do post 2 or 3? What's the difference? Is there anything that has changed from the steps on the first page?

Thanks for any help!

Flash to the U1 first and make sure you use the OYN CSC each time. It will wipe your device.
The Following User Says Thank You to jcsww For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcsww Ad-Free
24th June 2019, 11:15 PM |#2447  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww

Flash to the U1 first and make sure you use the OYN CSC each time. It will wipe your device.

Thank for the reply but just to make sure I got it right, was OYN a typo? All I'm seeing is OYV
24th June 2019, 11:50 PM |#2448  
jcsww's Avatar
Senior Member
Toronto, Ontario, Canada/Hampton, Virginia, USA
Thanks Meter: 952
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00ly

Thank for the reply but just to make sure I got it right, was OYN a typo? All I'm seeing is OYV

It can vary by firmware. Just make sure you use the CSC that isn't named, HOME_CSC.
The Following User Says Thank You to jcsww For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcsww Ad-Free
25th June 2019, 05:28 AM |#2449  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww

It can vary by firmware. Just make sure you use the CSC that isn't named, HOME_CSC.

Sounds easy enough. One more thing before I take the plunge: I noticed that all the firmwares linked are either nougat or oreo. The phone is already on pie so will it allow me to downgrade and flash the U1 oreo fw?

edit: baseband version says N950USQU5DSC1

edit2: After doing more research, I'm seeing that I'm currently on bootloader v5. So I would therefore need to use firmware that has a v5 bootloader. So for the U1 XAA I'm using N950U1UES5DSE4_N950U1OYM5DSE4_XAA.zip and for the Verizon U firmware I'll use N950USQU5DSC1_N950UOYN5DSC1-20190306-USC-Android_9.zip
25th June 2019, 12:57 PM |#2450  
jcsww's Avatar
Senior Member
Toronto, Ontario, Canada/Hampton, Virginia, USA
Thanks Meter: 952
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00ly

Sounds easy enough. One more thing before I take the plunge: I noticed that all the firmwares linked are either nougat or oreo. The phone is already on pie so will it allow me to downgrade and flash the U1 oreo fw?

edit: baseband version says N950USQU5DSC1

edit2: After doing more research, I'm seeing that I'm currently on bootloader v5. So I would therefore need to use firmware that has a v5 bootloader. So for the U1 XAA I'm using N950U1UES5DSE4_N950U1OYM5DSE4_XAA.zip and for the Verizon U firmware I'll use N950USQU5DSC1_N950UOYN5DSC1-20190306-USC-Android_9.zip

Yeah. You can't successfully flash a firmware with an older bootloader. Using the v5 bootloader firmware to convert will ensure you don't run into any issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to jcsww For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcsww Ad-Free
25th June 2019, 06:59 PM |#2451  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww

Yeah. You can't successfully flash a firmware with an older bootloader. Using the v5 bootloader firmware to convert will ensure you don't run into any issues.

It didn't work. I flashed U1 then factory reset then flashed the verizon U and factory reset. When it booted it still had the t-mobile splash screen and t-mobile apps. It was able to connect to verizon to make calls but no data, even though it says it's on the VZWINTERNET APN. I guess because I missed flashing the combination firmware and XAC HOME_CSC. So should I try to find XAC firmware so that I can flash the HOME_CSC for that before flashing the U1 firmware?

Sorry for all the questions but this is quite confusing. Feel like I'm getting closer though
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
n950usqu2bqja, n950usqu2bqjb, n950usqu2bqk2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes