Thanks Meter: 1,286

By BlueFox721, Senior Member on 9th October 2017, 01:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th June 2019, 06:59 PM |#2451  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww

Yeah. You can't successfully flash a firmware with an older bootloader. Using the v5 bootloader firmware to convert will ensure you don't run into any issues.

It didn't work. I flashed U1 then factory reset then flashed the verizon U and factory reset. When it booted it still had the t-mobile splash screen and t-mobile apps. It was able to connect to verizon to make calls but no data, even though it says it's on the VZWINTERNET APN. I guess because I missed flashing the combination firmware and XAC HOME_CSC. So should I try to find XAC firmware so that I can flash the HOME_CSC for that before flashing the U1 firmware?

Sorry for all the questions but this is quite confusing. Feel like I'm getting closer though

25th June 2019, 07:39 PM |#2452  
Toronto, Ontario, Canada/Hampton, Virginia, USA
Thanks Meter: 1,008

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00ly

It didn't work. I flashed U1 then factory reset then flashed the verizon U and factory reset. When it booted it still had the t-mobile splash screen and t-mobile apps. It was able to connect to verizon to make calls but no data, even though it says it's on the VZWINTERNET APN. I guess because I missed flashing the combination firmware and XAC HOME_CSC. So should I try to find XAC firmware so that I can flash the HOME_CSC for that before flashing the U1 firmware?

Sorry for all the questions but this is quite confusing. Feel like I'm getting closer though

Was your Verizon SIM in the device while flashing? Using any HOME_CSC will ensure you never get a proper conversion.
The Following User Says Thank You to jcsww For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcsww Ad-Free
25th June 2019, 07:51 PM |#2453  

More
Quote:

Was your Verizon SIM in the device while flashing? Using any HOME_CSC will ensure you never get a proper conversion.

The Sim was in the whole time. My "service provider sw ver" shows TMB/XAA/VZW. I thought I'd accidentally skipped a step with all the XAC HOME_CSC stuff.

What about editing things in ADB from post 2, do I need to do that as well?
26th June 2019, 12:28 AM |#2454  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00ly

The Sim was in the whole time. My "service provider sw ver" shows TMB/XAA/VZW. I thought I'd accidentally skipped a step with all the XAC HOME_CSC stuff.

What about editing things in ADB from post 2, do I need to do that as well?

Hmmm. Something didn't go right then. Did you flash all of the files in the image? Your first two should both be VZW if you flashed to U1 XAA and then to VZW U. If you are trying to convert it to TMB U, then the first two should be TMB.
The Following User Says Thank You to jcsww For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcsww Ad-Free
26th June 2019, 12:46 AM |#2455  

More
Quote:

Hmmm. Something didn't go right then. Did you flash all of the files in the image? Your first two should both be VZW if you flashed to U1 XAA and then to VZW U. If you are trying to convert it to TMB U, then the first two should be TMB.

Yes, I'm at work but I think my steps were something like put the phone in download mode, load the patched Odin, flash it with U1 XAA files AP, BL, CP, and the CSC file that wasn't home. Odin passed, reboot to bootloader, clear cache, factory reset, loads into Android (didn't show t-mobile splash on boot). Reboot to download mode, back to Odin and flash AP, BL, CP and non-home CSC for Verizon. Wipe cache/factory reset/reboot. This time it shows the t-mobile splash screen. Went ahead and completed setup and was able to make calls but no data connection.
29th June 2019, 11:47 PM |#2456  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
switching Note8 from AT&T to Tmobile
Hi I have a Note8 that I bought on AT&T. I unlocked the phone from AT&T and switched to TMobile network a few months back but since then I have not been able to update my software OTA or through Samsung switch. Neither tech support (AT&T and Tmob) is able to help. I though of switching the firmware of the device to the Tmobile version. Since this is my first time flashing firmware to my phone I'm confused if I should perform only the first step from this guide (Switching Carriers on Samsung Galaxy Note 8) or if I should also do one of the other 2 steps in addition ( Flashing Carrier Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and Flashing Unlocked Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Note 8). If someone has gone through a similar situation before, can you please help me by pointing to the right steps that I should carry out? Thanks in advance.
8th July 2019, 04:48 AM |#2457  

More
Note 8 Verizon with Pie trying to get unlocked Pie firmware
Hi all,

So I got a refurb Note 8 and it immediately requested updating to Pie. I allowed the update. I have followed instructions to go from Vzw firmware to unlocked firmware, but I keep getting a fail.

After following steps with Samsung Kies removal, ADB setup on both PC and device
I used PrinceCosmy and downloaded the Vzm lite Pie firmware. I placed each hash file BL, AP, CP, and CSC, but did not place anything in the UMS nor did I use the Home_CSC hash file.

I keep getting a fail. Don't know why. between each attempt I have Factory Reset and set up ADB all over again.

Anybody have any ideas?
8th July 2019, 12:24 PM |#2458  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caquin

Hi all,

So I got a refurb Note 8 and it immediately requested updating to Pie. I allowed the update. I have followed instructions to go from Vzw firmware to unlocked firmware, but I keep getting a fail.

After following steps with Samsung Kies removal, ADB setup on both PC and device
I used PrinceCosmy and downloaded the Vzm lite Pie firmware. I placed each hash file BL, AP, CP, and CSC, but did not place anything in the UMS nor did I use the Home_CSC hash file.

I keep getting a fail. Don't know why. between each attempt I have Factory Reset and set up ADB all over again.

Anybody have any ideas?

Are you using the modded or patched ODIN 3.13.3? Do you have USB Debugging enabled in the Developer Options?
8th July 2019, 12:32 PM |#2459  

More
Fixed, thank you Jcsww
Quote:

Are you using the modded or patched ODIN 3.13.3? Do you have USB Debugging enabled in the Developer Options?

I simply looked at the directions for flashing Unlocked firmware from carrier firmware, which was to use PrinceComsy. I'm robotic with directions.

But you are right, patched Odin was what was needed.

Thank you, JCSWW. Fixed it right up and it is working great.
14th July 2019, 07:38 AM |#2460  

More
Note 8 Verizon: I have another question. After successfully flashing unlocked firmware Pie for Verizon lite, I no longer have Video/Wifi calling. I tried Shortcut Master lite methods but failed to launch.
From my research, this has been a problem. Is there any solution to regaining those features on Pie unlocked firmware?
26th July 2019, 02:13 AM |#2461  
New York
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I have followed this procedure before on a different phone but having problems this time. Odin is getting stuck on SetupConnection.. and not flashing device. Any ideas?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
n950usqu2bqja, n950usqu2bqjb, n950usqu2bqk2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)