FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE][All US Firmware][Switch Carrier][Flash Carrier/Unlocked]SM-N950U/U1/W

1,972 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,280
 
By BlueFox721, Senior Member on 9th October 2017, 01:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th October 2017, 07:42 AM |#21  
Senior Member
tbilisi
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Hi,

I have two questions.
1. if I flash unlocked T-Mobile Galaxy Note 8 with generic samsung firmware will the previous bloatware be removed?
2. Will it get OTA updates?

Thanks
 
 
12th October 2017, 10:07 AM |#22  
jerrycoffman45's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag ashland ky
Thanks Meter: 921
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazabichi

Hi,

I have two questions.
1. if I flash unlocked T-Mobile Galaxy Note 8 with generic samsung firmware will the previous bloatware be removed?
2. Will it get OTA updates?

Thanks

yes and yes
The Following User Says Thank You to jerrycoffman45 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jerrycoffman45 Ad-Free
12th October 2017, 06:13 PM |#23  
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFox721

If you use carrier switching guide to change to the desired csc, for instance changing from TMB to SPR...you will then flash your intended firmware like SM-N950U SPR...as long as your device is carrier unlocked or factory unlocked...you should be able to insert desired carrier SIM, like Sprint, and activate...the last three of code are for product origination...your SIM and firmware control the connectability not the last three of product code...S8+ users have even stated they flashed on Canadian devices or Canadian firmware and connected...in other words, if you use CDMA SIM you will connect

Pardon me Bluefox , I did try flashed directly couple week ago , and success without factory binary involve. With Prince Comsy Odin I follow your other thread
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...tware-t3671615

My Note 8 is T Mobile version .
before flashing is=> setting=>about phone=> Service provider SW ver. last line is TMB/TMB/TMB
after flashing become unlocked version (no carrier Bloating) but for sure at setting=>about phone=> I couldn't find "Service provider SW ver"
I flashed with N950U1UEU1AQI5_N950U1OYM1AQI5_XAA from SamMobile.

I want to re do it again once I have spare time with Factory Binary this time.
BlueFox do you mind to post what you get
By Checking Service Mode for Band Coverage by dialing *#2263# on dial pad you will see like mine below
With TMB/TMB/TMB , I found after press 2 that WCDMA Band preference==> some band not supported .
please stated what firmware while you do it SPR/XAA/XAA or SPR/SPR/XAA with Sprint SIM.

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TMO band.jpg
Views:	1360
Size:	187.5 KB
ID:	4300766   Click image for larger version

Name:	service mode band.jpg
Views:	1352
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	4300775  
12th October 2017, 06:55 PM |#24  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
First of all, Thank you for this guide. Super Helpful. My question is:
I have Unlocked Note 8. I use TMobile.

To gain 256QAM/ 4x4 MiMo/ LTE-U (I don't know what it is, I heard its supported), which file should I flash? I would prefer if I can simply flash some modem/ radio files if available rather than the full TMobile firmware.

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to myechophone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift myechophone Ad-Free
12th October 2017, 07:30 PM |#25  
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by myechophone

First of all, Thank you for this guide. Super Helpful. My question is:
I have Unlocked Note 8. I use TMobile.

To gain 256QAM/ 4x4 MiMo/ LTE-U (I don't know what it is, I heard its supported), which file should I flash? I would prefer if I can simply flash some modem/ radio files if available rather than the full TMobile firmware.

Thanks

AFAIK that LTE-U is Gigabit LTE that as June 2017 T mobile applied on six 6 cities Bellevue, WA; Brooklyn, NY; Dearborn, MI; Las Vegas, NV; Richardson, TX; and Simi Valley, CA

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/lte-u.htm

they use band 252 and band 255
check your selected band element by dialing *#2263# look at LTE : if 252 255 is included, if no, you can press 4 (LTE band preference)to turn it on
12th October 2017, 08:10 PM |#26  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Similar question although in reverse order. I have a tmo branded note 8 that is unlocked. I would like to flash unlocked firmware to remove bloat and improve battery life. Witht he s7 edge you could just flash the csc modem and retain 256QAM/ 4x4 MiMo. Is this still the case witht he N8 ? or is this not possible. some mentioned you cant and would have to flash the full firmware.


Quote:
Originally Posted by myechophone

First of all, Thank you for this guide. Super Helpful. My question is:
I have Unlocked Note 8. I use TMobile.

To gain 256QAM/ 4x4 MiMo/ LTE-U (I don't know what it is, I heard its supported), which file should I flash? I would prefer if I can simply flash some modem/ radio files if available rather than the full TMobile firmware.

Thanks

12th October 2017, 10:47 PM |#27  
BlueFox721's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley
Thanks Meter: 1,280
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by car2carl

Pardon me Bluefox , I did try flashed directly couple week ago , and success without factory binary involve. With Prince Comsy Odin I follow your other thread
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...tware-t3671615

My Note 8 is T Mobile version .
before flashing is=> setting=>about phone=> Service provider SW ver. last line is TMB/TMB/TMB
after flashing become unlocked version (no carrier Bloating) but for sure at setting=>about phone=> I couldn't find "Service provider SW ver"
I flashed with N950U1UEU1AQI5_N950U1OYM1AQI5_XAA from SamMobile.

I want to re do it again once I have spare time with Factory Binary this time.
BlueFox do you mind to post what you get
By Checking Service Mode for Band Coverage by dialing *#2263# on dial pad you will see like mine below
With TMB/TMB/TMB , I found after press 2 that WCDMA Band preference==> some band not supported .
please stated what firmware while you do it SPR/XAA/XAA or SPR/SPR/XAA with Sprint SIM.

Thank you

I do not have the availability of *#2273#...

Unlocked Firmware does not show service provider info...

I have unlocked device and if I flash SPR SM-N950U, I end up with SPR/SPR/XAA...Carrier/Firmware/Device

If I flash Unlocked Firmware SPR SM-N950U1, I end up with SPR/XAA/XAA but it is hidden from settings..

If I use carrier switching guide to change to TMB and flash TMB SM-N950U and leave out my SIM, I end up with TMB/TMB/XAA...when I put Sprint SIM in and it provisions, after reboot I have SPR/TMB/XAA

Changing to another carrier will give me the same other than showing intended XXX instead of SPR...

Your SIM and provisioning decides what bands are used....

Flashing unlocked firmware on your TMB device does not require carrier switching, just flashing and version reported is correct...trying to get XAA/XAA/XAA is pointless and does nothing...

Only use factory binary if you need to change to an actual carrier and not trying to change device code, that requires root and is degrading.

What do you want to achieve, as in the end goal?
12th October 2017, 10:49 PM |#28  
BlueFox721's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley
Thanks Meter: 1,280
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by icugotit2

Similar question although in reverse order. I have a tmo branded note 8 that is unlocked. I would like to flash unlocked firmware to remove bloat and improve battery life. Witht he s7 edge you could just flash the csc modem and retain 256QAM/ 4x4 MiMo. Is this still the case witht he N8 ? or is this not possible. some mentioned you cant and would have to flash the full firmware.

Some may benefit from csc , csc and USERDATA, but others need complete...devices and plans act differently despite their similarities..
13th October 2017, 05:12 PM |#29  
moreno78's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
hello
hello a question i have in samsung note 8 sm-n950u from att and i would like to remove all bloatware which rom i have to install thank you
13th October 2017, 05:28 PM |#30  
BlueFox721's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley
Thanks Meter: 1,280
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moreno78

hello a question i have in samsung note 8 sm-n950u from att and i would like to remove all bloatware which rom i have to install thank you

http://updato.com/firmware-archive-s...3AFA163EE8F90B
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueFox721 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BlueFox721 Ad-Free
13th October 2017, 05:48 PM |#31  
moreno78's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
hello
this is the gereric samsung comes without bloatware?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
n950usqu2bqja, n950usqu2bqjb, n950usqu2bqk2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes