OP Senior Member
Flag Foley
Thanks Meter: 1,283

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by milan03

About to try it. Btw, this is where I'm at: https://imgur.com/j2mMTcj

Your baseband shows that your flash of the updated Firmware took successfully...this is why the previous versions fail...

So, after factory reset then backing out to main recovery menu and selecting boot to bootloader, flash updated BQJA TMB firmware...

If it fails again, follow the switching carrier guide and change csc to TMB in step 25...make sure to use the files for Use for BQJA
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueFox721 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BlueFox721 Ad-Free

28th November 2017, 01:59 AM |#422  
New York City
Thanks Meter: 374

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFox721

Your baseband shows that your flash of the updated Firmware took successfully...this is why the previous versions fail...

So, after factory reset then backing out to main recovery menu and selecting boot to bootloader, flash updated BQJA TMB firmware...

If it fails again, follow the switching carrier guide and change csc to TMB in step 25...make sure to use the files for Use for BQJA

The flashing did PASS (like many times before with BQJA), but at the setup process I can already tell that I'm still on the XAA by looking at the LTE sign in the status bar.

Will look into the carrier switching process now.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Quote:

That did work. Many thanks.
28th November 2017, 02:08 AM |#423  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

The flashing did PASS (like many times before with BQJA), but at the setup process I can already tell that I'm still on the XAA by looking at the LTE sign in the status bar.

Will look into the carrier switching process now.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

That did work. Many thanks.

Glad it worked
28th November 2017, 05:07 AM |#424  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi, I've just flashed the unlocked firmware (SM-N950U1 XAA) to my note 8 originally from Sprint, everything worked perfectly with prince ODIN. The only issue is that when I restart the phone, I get a google account missing error. My google account is not accepted, it's blocked. In the download window the FRP says it's locked.

How can I fix this?, thank you!
28th November 2017, 05:49 AM |#425  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarat50

Hi, I've just flashed the unlocked firmware (SM-N950U1 XAA) to my note 8 originally from Sprint, everything worked perfectly with prince ODIN. The only issue is that when I restart the phone, I get a google account missing error. My google account is not accepted, it's blocked. In the download window the FRP says it's locked.

How can I fix this?, thank you!

Send me pm.
28th November 2017, 09:55 AM |#426  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:

The Unlocked XAA variant just arrived today, and I'm trying to flash the latest TMB firmware, and while the flashing does always PASS in ODIN, my device remains on XAA/XAA/XAA.

Enabled UMS in patch, but didn't help. What am I doing wrong?

Where did you find the unlocked variant??
28th November 2017, 12:12 PM |#427  
Houston area
Thanks Meter: 1,251

More
@BlueFox721 It looks like unlocked U2 is available:

https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/...U2BQK1/197345/

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LMMT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LMMT Ad-Free
28th November 2017, 03:24 PM |#428  
Thanks Meter: 136

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMMT

@BlueFox721 It looks like unlocked U2 is available:

https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/...U2BQK1/197345/

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just checked, XAA update is out QK1. not sure if its on the 2nd BL but I'm sure it is
The Following User Says Thank You to black96ss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift black96ss Ad-Free
28th November 2017, 04:13 PM |#429  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by black96ss

Just checked, XAA update is out QK1. not sure if its on the 2nd BL but I'm sure it is

Downloading and uploading both...
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueFox721 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BlueFox721 Ad-Free
28th November 2017, 05:13 PM |#430  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I'm a little confused. What's the difference between the "carrier switching" and flashing the carrier firmware? Is the switching just updating the CSC by going to netural first? Then you can change the firmware (or leave unlocked firmware)?

Also, what other files would I need to use an N950U1 on Canadian carriers?
28th November 2017, 07:14 PM |#431  
Thanks Meter: 1,458

More
Quote:

Downloading and uploading both...

So now we can Flash the unlock firmware or the AT&T firmware going back and forth lateral lateral flashes?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
n950usqu2bqja, n950usqu2bqjb, n950usqu2bqk2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)