By BlueFox721, Senior Member on 9th October 2017, 01:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th November 2017, 07:14 PM |#431  
Thanks Meter: 1,470

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFox721

Downloading and uploading both...

So now we can Flash the unlock firmware or the AT&T firmware going back and forth lateral lateral flashes?

28th November 2017, 08:14 PM |#432  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley
Thanks Meter: 1,285

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by borijess

So now we can Flash the unlock firmware or the AT&T firmware going back and forth lateral lateral flashes?

Should be able to. In some cases where one may want to go clean Unlocked firmware with no carrier files at all, it may be necessary to follow the switching carrier guide to change back to XAA, but other than that, yeah shouldn't be an issue...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueFox721 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BlueFox721 Ad-Free
29th November 2017, 02:56 AM |#433  
Thanks Meter: 953

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxshop

So I have the TMobile version of Note 8 and I followed the OP's instructions to switch/flash to the Verizon firmware (AQI5). The Service provider now indicates: VZW/VZW/TMB, but I understand the last three cannot be changed (and doesn't matter) unless you are rooted. I am able to make and receive calls, etc. So far so good.

Now:
1). I am using a MVNO called Red Pocket and am on their CDMA (Verizon) network

2). I am not able to activate the Advanced Calling features and Wi-Fi calling - but I presume that this is because I am with Red Pocket and not with Verizon - correct?

3). Each time I reboot my phone, I see a message that says "SIM card is not from Verizon Wireless". I simply swipe to clear and ignore it. From what I can tell, this is just a nuisance message and does not affect the functionality of the phone. The question is why do I see this message? I am asking because previously I was using a Verizon branded Motorola phone that had the same Red Pocket CDMA SIM card in it, and it never showed this message. Is it because the IMEI of the phone is not "registered" with Verizon since it was originally a TMobile version?

4). Does anyone know if I will get automatic firmware updates from Verizon? I am not sure since I am using a MVNO, and not with Verizon direct

Thanks

Have a look at this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyNote8...ottom-comments
The Following User Says Thank You to AlpineMan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AlpineMan Ad-Free
29th November 2017, 03:39 AM |#434  
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Is there a difference in firmwares for the camera? I've got an unlocked Note8 USA versino and the cameras are weak (front mainly) compared to my year old Pixel XL. Worth trying to flash the T-MO firmware to see if there's a difference? Can i go back to the unlocked USA firmware if I decide to return?
29th November 2017, 04:26 AM |#435  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpharoah

Is there a difference in firmwares for the camera? I've got an unlocked Note8 USA versino and the cameras are weak (front mainly) compared to my year old Pixel XL. Worth trying to flash the T-MO firmware to see if there's a difference? Can i go back to the unlocked USA firmware if I decide to return?

You can return to unlocked firmware later if you want...you may just try to extract the oak and sideload it...but you can also try this app
https://mega.nz/#!06w1GbrD!SsOaJ4PGR...CdfR5GZuNAx3mc
29th November 2017, 04:39 AM |#436  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 136

Donate to Me
More
The camera app in the default Auto mode is not the best as it compensates by increasing the ISO too much in order to take the picture really fast. Try going to like manual mode, drop the ISO to 100-400 and see how those pictures turn out. I notice a huge difference between the manual mode versus the auto mode.
29th November 2017, 01:18 PM |#437  
Thanks Meter: 1,470

More
Has anyone that has unlocked device with att firmware been able to get wifi calling working on your device by getting the IMEI off a demo note 8 from att and using that to activate sim?
29th November 2017, 02:00 PM |#438  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
I was thinking of flashing the unlocked firmware on my Sprint variant note 8. What was the outcome of (oscarat50) having google account missing error. My google account is not accepted, it's blocked. In the download window the FRP says it's locked.??? Just in case that I run into the same issue.
Thanks.
29th November 2017, 08:35 PM |#439  
Thanks Meter: 140

More
probably not the best place to ask this but does anyone know if the XAA update got the live focus camera update like the Verizon firmware?
29th November 2017, 08:46 PM |#440  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by black96ss

probably not the best place to ask this but does anyone know if the XAA update got the live focus camera update like the Verizon firmware?

If not, try to extract it and sideload it
29th November 2017, 09:56 PM |#441  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley

Donate to Me
More
Changing links from Mega to Android file hosting...might just add mirrors...may be some disruption...if you get a bad link...try again a few min. Later...it takes time to re upload every file...
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueFox721 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BlueFox721 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
n950usqu2bqja, n950usqu2bqjb, n950usqu2bqk2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)