Post Reply Email Thread
2nd December 2017, 09:24 PM |#481  
Flag Boise, ID
Thanks Meter: 280

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFox721

What do you want to achieve?

I'd like to have the features Sprint removed. From what I'm told the unlocked has that.

2nd December 2017, 09:59 PM |#482  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley
Thanks Meter: 1,281

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fogame

I'd like to have the features Sprint removed. From what I'm told the unlocked has that.

Yep...i just run straight XAA firmware with Sprint functions enabled through shortcut master lite...
2nd December 2017, 10:01 PM |#483  
Flag Boise, ID
Thanks Meter: 280

More
Quote:

Yep...i just run straight XAA firmware with Sprint functions enabled through shortcut master lite...

K good to know.

Thank you.
2nd December 2017, 10:50 PM |#484  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

Try this...follow the switching carrier guide and flash a different carrier Firmware, without SIM in, changing CSC to another carrier in step 25...just to see if you get the same issue...if you do...start over and change back to your carrier...

This does not repair anything...just diagnostic...sometimes the factory binary cleans stuff up...

Ho ho holy ****. Taking out the sim card and micro-SD card fixed it. Was able to flash a T-Mobile phone with the QJA update over to an Xfinity QJA update. which hopefully allows me to use the phone on Verizon. I haven't checked all the bands, but it looked like Xfinity seemed to use almost all of the Verizon bands.

SO I don't know if it'll all work out on that end. BUT I did get the phone back to life.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE!

Wow.
2nd December 2017, 11:56 PM |#485  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antisouless

Ho ho holy ****. Taking out the sim card and micro-SD card fixed it. Was able to flash a T-Mobile phone with the QJA update over to an Xfinity QJA update. which hopefully allows me to use the phone on Verizon. I haven't checked all the bands, but it looked like Xfinity seemed to use almost all of the Verizon bands.

SO I don't know if it'll all work out on that end. BUT I did get the phone back to life.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE!

Wow.

Glad to be of assistance
3rd December 2017, 12:40 AM |#486  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I flashed the unlocked firmware on a Verizon branded phone and then I immediately flashed the Verizon csc and userdata and have gotten the hotspot tethering to work as this was my goal. Thanks so much!

Would I have been able to tether with just flashing the unlocked firmware without flashing the Verizon csc and user on Verizon, and if so are you familiar with what other features may not work without flashing the Verizon files? Any info is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
3rd December 2017, 01:11 AM |#487  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JedidroidX

I flashed the unlocked firmware on a Verizon branded phone and then I immediately flashed the Verizon csc and userdata and have gotten the hotspot tethering to work as this was my goal. Thanks so much!

Would I have been able to tether with just flashing the unlocked firmware without flashing the Verizon csc and user on Verizon, and if so are you familiar with what other features may not work without flashing the Verizon files? Any info is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

I am not...but others on Verizon may chime in
3rd December 2017, 01:48 AM |#488  
Thanks Meter: 1,450

More
The ATT latest firmware doesnt come with a USERDATA file correct?
3rd December 2017, 01:58 AM |#489  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
I just flashed XAA firmware on my Sprint variant note. Everything works great. No Sprint bloat. I still have WiFi calling and I have gained download boost. How do I enable call plus? It is it possible. It's no big deal if it's not possible.
Since I'm now running XAA firmware do I get the OTA updates associated with it now?
Thanks
3rd December 2017, 02:05 AM |#490  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by borijess

The ATT latest firmware doesnt come with a USERDATA file correct?

It has it now
3rd December 2017, 02:14 AM |#491  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evonator

I just flashed XAA firmware on my Sprint variant note. Everything works great. No Sprint bloat. I still have WiFi calling and I have gained download boost. How do I enable call plus? It is it possible. It's no big deal if it's not possible.
Since I'm now running XAA firmware do I get the OTA updates associated with it now?
Thanks

To turn calling plus features use shortcut master lite:
Search com.test.LTEfunctionality and launch it
Then select VoLTE Test UI
Then turn Set N/W PS voice support on
Then turn Set N/W PS E911 support on
Then go back and search for enhancedLTE
Select one and enable it...
You can also search IMS settings to see if VoLTE is enabled...
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueFox721 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BlueFox721 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
n950usqu2bqja, n950usqu2bqjb, n950usqu2bqk2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)