FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE][All US Firmware][Switch Carrier][Flash Carrier/Unlocked]SM-N950U/U1/W

1,972 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,281
 
By BlueFox721, Senior Member on 9th October 2017, 01:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd December 2017, 02:14 AM |#491  
BlueFox721's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley
Thanks Meter: 1,281
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evonator

I just flashed XAA firmware on my Sprint variant note. Everything works great. No Sprint bloat. I still have WiFi calling and I have gained download boost. How do I enable call plus? It is it possible. It's no big deal if it's not possible.
Since I'm now running XAA firmware do I get the OTA updates associated with it now?
Thanks

To turn calling plus features use shortcut master lite:
Search com.test.LTEfunctionality and launch it
Then select VoLTE Test UI
Then turn Set N/W PS voice support on
Then turn Set N/W PS E911 support on
Then go back and search for enhancedLTE
Select one and enable it...
You can also search IMS settings to see if VoLTE is enabled...
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueFox721 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BlueFox721 Ad-Free
 
 
3rd December 2017, 05:14 AM |#492  
borijess's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,449
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFox721

It has it now

I just flashed the UNLOCKED firmware on my Note 8 and flashed the CSC and got the AT&T stuff with no bloatware. I thought the CSC included the userdata.

Is there a new ATT firmware. Cause the one I downloaded a couple of days ago does not have the userdata separately. I thought u mentioned the userdata was merged with the CSC file?
3rd December 2017, 05:31 AM |#493  
borijess's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,449
 
More
Pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171202-203013.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	4350800  
3rd December 2017, 04:31 PM |#494  
BlueFox721's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley
Thanks Meter: 1,281
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by borijess

I just flashed the UNLOCKED firmware on my Note 8 and flashed the CSC and got the AT&T stuff with no bloatware. I thought the CSC included the userdata.

Is there a new ATT firmware. Cause the one I downloaded a couple of days ago does not have the userdata separately. I thought u mentioned the userdata was merged with the CSC file?

No...the csc does not contain USERDATA just carrier info...the USERDATA file contains updated carrier bloatware...everything is in the AP file...use winrar to browse the files...
3rd December 2017, 05:43 PM |#495  
borijess's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,449
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFox721

No...the csc does not contain USERDATA just carrier info...the USERDATA file contains updated carrier bloatware...everything is in the AP file...use winrar to browse the files...

I just flashed CSC and got the Wi-Fi calling though it's not working. Cause my phone is UNLOCKED. Everything shows up except visual Voicemail.
3rd December 2017, 07:05 PM |#496  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Verizon Note 8 to Unlocked
I have tried these unlock instructions 10 times on two different computers and havent had any luck. I am stuck at odin it sees the phone i select all the files and hit start and then it fails in about 2 seconds... file analysis setup connection and failed.
3rd December 2017, 09:04 PM |#497  
BlueFox721's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley
Thanks Meter: 1,281
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by borijess

I just flashed CSC and got the Wi-Fi calling though it's not working. Cause my phone is UNLOCKED. Everything shows up except visual Voicemail.

You may have to flash the USERDATA file as well...
3rd December 2017, 09:07 PM |#498  
BlueFox721's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley
Thanks Meter: 1,281
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgj84

I have tried these unlock instructions 10 times on two different computers and havent had any luck. I am stuck at odin it sees the phone i select all the files and hit start and then it fails in about 2 seconds... file analysis setup connection and failed.

There are no unlock instructions...what firmware are you trying to flash and what was your last baseband? Who is your carrier? If it fails quickly, it usually means you are trying to flash firmware that is older that installed software...
3rd December 2017, 09:08 PM |#499  
fogame's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boise, ID
Thanks Meter: 279
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by borijess

I just flashed CSC and got the Wi-Fi calling though it's not working. Cause my phone is UNLOCKED. Everything shows up except visual Voicemail.

Did you turn on wifi calling in the phone settings? I had to do that.
3rd December 2017, 11:42 PM |#500  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFox721

There are no unlock instructions...what firmware are you trying to flash and what was your last baseband? Who is your carrier? If it fails quickly, it usually means you are trying to flash firmware that is older that installed software...

My apologizes I meant the going from the verizon firmware to the unlocked firmware. I am trying to flash the unlocked firmware N950U1UEU2BQK1 to N950USQS2BQK2. I just upgraded to this OTA after I didnt have any luck with Odin. So I guess I will be on the waiting pool until a new one comes up. The only reason I was to reload firmware to it is for the hotspot.
3rd December 2017, 11:54 PM |#501  
BlueFox721's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley
Thanks Meter: 1,281
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgj84

My apologizes I meant the going from the verizon firmware to the unlocked firmware. I am trying to flash the unlocked firmware N950U1UEU2BQK1 to N950USQS2BQK2. I just upgraded to this OTA after I didnt have any luck with Odin. So I guess I will be on the waiting pool until a new one comes up. The only reason I was to reload firmware to it is for the hotspot.

Are you using the Prince Comsy's Odin?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
n950usqu2bqja, n950usqu2bqjb, n950usqu2bqk2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes