3rd December 2017, 11:54 PM |#501  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley
Thanks Meter: 1,280

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgj84

My apologizes I meant the going from the verizon firmware to the unlocked firmware. I am trying to flash the unlocked firmware N950U1UEU2BQK1 to N950USQS2BQK2. I just upgraded to this OTA after I didnt have any luck with Odin. So I guess I will be on the waiting pool until a new one comes up. The only reason I was to reload firmware to it is for the hotspot.

Are you using the Prince Comsy's Odin?

3rd December 2017, 11:56 PM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFox721

Are you using the Prince Comsy's Odin?

Yes I am
4th December 2017, 12:28 AM |#503  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes I am

If you want to flash the XAA bqk1, follow the switching carrier guide with the updated combo files and then flash the XAA firmware...in step 25 put in your carrier CSC code or XAA...see how that goes
4th December 2017, 01:52 AM |#504  

More
Quote:

If you want to flash the XAA bqk1, follow the switching carrier guide with the updated combo files and then flash the XAA firmware...in step 25 put in your carrier CSC code or XAA...see how that goes

Ill see what I can make of that... this is only the second phone I have done

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudermatt

I have a verizon locked phone I got from the Big Red Store. Not a lot of Verizon discussion here so I thought I would ask.

I've read every post on this thread. I am a veteran custom flasher...been doing it for 10 years now. and yet.....I'm still a bit confused.
All I really want is wifi hotspot and I've been told the only real way to do it is with an unlocked phone...so here I am.

I don't care about verizon voice mail.
What I need is:
1. browse the web while on a call.
2. wifi hotspot
3. keep my office provisioned email ( i use Nine mail)
4. safely use my banking app

I've downloaded the Verizon Unlocked AQI5 version
I've confirmed Prince Odin will see the connected phone.
I see the 5 files (AP,BL,CP,CSC, HOME_CSC)and understand where to put them in the Odin

if I run this, will I be able to retain my 3 key items?

Thanks in Advance,
Matt

any luck with this?
4th December 2017, 02:35 AM |#505  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

any luck with this?

the instructions say not to use HOME_CSC...so make sure that any advice you get from Verizon users follow with that...but the best thing you can do for carrier functions on Verizon is to flash USERDATA and CSC files after flashing Unlocked firmware or by flashing complete Verizon Firmware...but for VVM only full Verizon firmware...unless you want Google Voice...Anyone with Verizon got any other info? WifiHotspot works for some and others not...you can enable the hotspot by adding dun to the apn via shortcut master lite...I have a thread for this as well you just have to search for it....Try Unlocked firmware, then go to flash CSC, then on to USERDATA, then on to Full Firmware if need be...Each device acts differently with different networks and users...see which way you like it...
4th December 2017, 09:45 AM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
I currently have a T-Mobile Note 8 Model SM-N950U on firmware N950USQU1AQH7. Can i flash any of the unlocked firmwares N950U1UEU1AQI5 or N950U1UEU1AQH9 using the Prince Comsy's Odin and be able to use the phone with T-Mobile OR Verizon? Thank you for the detailed guide.
4th December 2017, 11:30 AM |#507  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:

any luck with this?

It works. I did my Verizon branded note 8 and can tether also features such as hd voice work with no issues.
Make sure to change the ums patch to 1 I think it's called as overlooking that part will give issues when flashing the firmware.
4th December 2017, 01:40 PM |#508  

More
I must be missing something or it has something to do with it being the N950USQS2BQK2. Im not the brightest bulb on the tree but I have worked through these forums enough to make me dizzy. Thanks for ALL the help if I dont figure it out to today ill have a pretty note 8 paper weight for a while and go back to the s7 edge haha
4th December 2017, 01:59 PM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 1,441

More
Quote:

No...the csc does not contain USERDATA just carrier info...the USERDATA file contains updated carrier bloatware...everything is in the AP file...use winrar to browse the files...

I used 7zip to browse and found nothing. Should I use winrar would a make a difference?
4th December 2017, 02:40 PM |#510  
Flag Fort Lauderdale, FL
Thanks Meter: 109

More
I'm on stock firmware. I'm missing "Service provider SW ver" under about me. Is this normal?I have the unlocked note 8

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
4th December 2017, 03:53 PM |#511  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by borijess

I used 7zip to browse and found nothing. Should I use winrar would a make a difference?

Nevermind....forgot the rest of the conversation...a lot of threads...yes, I updated the link with a new file...this one has a user data but I'll send you just the USERDATA file
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
n950usqu2bqja, n950usqu2bqjb, n950usqu2bqk2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)