4th December 2017, 06:05 PM |#521  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley
Thanks Meter: 1,281

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by black96ss

I have everything working on XAA with t mobile except enhanced messaging. It's not super important but if it's something as simple as flashing the the tmb csc, then I'll give it a shot.

Not available on Sprint unlocked either unless rooted...I never noticed the difference anyways...not worth losing download booster...lol...good luck

4th December 2017, 06:08 PM |#522  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley

Donate to Me
More
Root now available for updated bootloader....don't know if they posted it yet but it if anyone was wanting to root...they got her done...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueFox721 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BlueFox721 Ad-Free
4th December 2017, 09:28 PM |#523  
Thanks Meter: 1,449

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFox721

Yes but the bloat is minimal compared to what gets installed with ap file

I just flashed the USRDATA with Prince Odin. Before I flashed I went into recovery and did a factory reset and cleared partition. Then flashed the ATT USRDATA. I dont see much of a difference and if anything new was added. Also Visual voicemail still does not work.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Quote:

Yes but the bloat is minimal compared to what gets installed with ap file

I just flashed the USRDATA with Prince Odin. Before I flashed I went into recovery and did a factory reset and cleared partition. Then flashed the ATT USRDATA. I dont see much of a difference and if anything new was added. Also Visual voicemail still does not work.
4th December 2017, 09:54 PM |#524  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by borijess

VVM only works by flashing complete carrier Firmware usually on any carrier unless you are rooted...I thought you were trying to get the other functions going...if everything else works...try Google voice...you would have to find out what callforwarding # is for ATT...for example Sprint is *73yourgooglevoicenumber...
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueFox721 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BlueFox721 Ad-Free
4th December 2017, 11:09 PM |#525  
Thanks Meter: 136

More
Quote:

Not available on Sprint unlocked either unless rooted...I never noticed the difference anyways...not worth losing download booster...lol...good luck

still on XAA firmware and debloated, Flashed the t mobile HOME CSC and CP. i have all functions working for t mobile like out of a box t mobile note 8 except not t mobile bloat carrier apps. only thing is,it did add the stupid t mobile splash screens. i figured the splash screens were part of the firmware but i guess not. tried flashing back to XAA HOME CSC and XAA CP for fun but it stays on t mobile. I'm sure if did a factory reset and just flashed the regular XAA CSC and not HOME it would go back to full XAA though but that's for another day
4th December 2017, 11:10 PM |#526  

More
Quote:

VVM only works by flashing complete carrier Firmware usually on any carrier unless you are rooted...I thought you were trying to get the other functions going...if everything else works...try Google voice...you would have to find out what callforwarding # is for ATT...for example Sprint is *73yourgooglevoicenumber...

Why don't I see and system update I in the settings?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171204-171004.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	4352534  
4th December 2017, 11:33 PM |#527  
Thanks Meter: 136

More
Quote:

real quick question, Whats the difference between the U1 carrier unlocked firmware vs just the carrier U firmware?
4th December 2017, 11:54 PM |#528  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by black96ss

real quick question, Whats the difference between the U1 carrier unlocked firmware vs just the carrier U firmware?

U1 is is just the XAA firmware with carrier settings and a few carrier specific apps, like Sprint's WifiCalling "WFC" app , baked in. The carrier Firmware has all carrier files and settings...the XAA has system info that multi-CSC selects based on your SIM and code on install, apps may need to be updated though....as there is no USERDATA file...hope this helps
4th December 2017, 11:55 PM |#529  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Why don't I see and system update I in the settings?

The update setting does not show on some configurations...
5th December 2017, 12:18 AM |#530  

More
Quote:

The update setting does not show on some configurations...

So how do u check for ota?
5th December 2017, 01:20 AM |#531  
OP Senior Member
Flag Foley

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So how do u check for ota?

You will get OTA notification...if an update comes before and you have not received notification yet, you can download update, if shared, and place on your SD and update in recovery without wiping device...
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueFox721 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BlueFox721 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
n950usqu2bqja, n950usqu2bqjb, n950usqu2bqk2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)