By Mariusz_Trynkiewicz, Member on 12th November 2018, 07:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th November 2018, 03:32 PM |#2  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariusz_Trynkiewicz

If its wrong forum . I'll try to move it away . But I want to make a discussion from this tread and group guide about linux on dex . Thx

As u may know there is "linux on dex" project by samsung . This project allow u to use ubuntu on dex on Note 9 or Tab 4 .

I managed to open dex and run this app bypassing error about root? Cant say if its root error. It says to update software but even when I "update" by rewriting update version in build prop to newest note 9 update, It still says same. Even after modding sdk to 27 and faking my phone to be oreo 8.1 . I managed to open menu which allow u to choose img file ( ubuntu ) or download 1 from samsung servers . Problem is that app crash after trying to download and it got problems with running img I got on my phone.

Hope some1 got any idea how to run it ?

Linux on dex: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsun...-apk-download/

Activity manager : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ctivitymanager

How to do what I did :
1 : Download apps
2: Give root to activity manager
3: Open Linux on dex beta activity number 3. from the top "linux on dex beta OobeActivity"
4: Andddddd.......................................... ................................... I am stuck :/

I'll try to mess with this app files to get something working but cant say if I can do something or no. Hope some1 got an idea how to run this

After i found ur threat i recreated what u did and have the same result right now.. did u use the samsung image or just another ubuntu image?
The Following User Says Thank You to Sajam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sajam Ad-Free
13th November 2018, 05:17 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajam

After i found ur threat i recreated what u did and have the same result right now.. did u use the samsung image or just another ubuntu image?

I use ubuntu modded by samsung and tried kubuntu ( iso file ) myself . Everything bug app . I decompiled app and found some files which are trying to check if ur email is in beta tests . Mine is but I cant get it working
The Following User Says Thank You to Mariusz_Trynkiewicz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mariusz_Trynkiewicz Ad-Free
16th November 2018, 01:24 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
I am stuck . I'll 'ping" this post up just to show it to more people . If any1 got any idea how to run it , it would be nice
17th November 2018, 10:13 AM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajam

I got it working . I'll pm u since ur only1 here
17th November 2018, 10:44 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Me too!
Quote:

I am sooo interested in getting my note 8 to 'linux on dex' .. could you give me instructions to get it working?! Thanks in advance.
The Following User Says Thank You to jnheo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jnheo Ad-Free
17th November 2018, 12:03 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:

I'm interested too if you wouldn't mind sharing instructions, it the only reason I've held onto my dex is the promise of linux on it
17th November 2018, 12:42 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Same here... Would live this and is the only reason I got Dex and signed up for the beta originally!
17th November 2018, 01:00 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcjc

Same here... Would live this and is the only reason I got Dex and signed up for the beta originally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyctweets

I'm interested too if you wouldn't mind sharing instructions, it the only reason I've held onto my dex is the promise of linux on it

It's not that simple as it sound from me . Its longer story. I fought i got it but DeX started to crashing all the time
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mariusz_Trynkiewicz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mariusz_Trynkiewicz Ad-Free
17th November 2018, 02:54 PM |#10  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hey guys,

I just joined XDA but have been a longtime observer. I own an unlocked Samsung Note 8 (North American Snapdragon version) and would be very interested in getting Linux working on my Note 8 and Dex. It's the only reason I kept my Note 8 and Dex and signed up for the initial "Linux on Galaxy" beta. I do not want to buy a Note 9 just to get this stuff working. Please PM me with instructions OR please post instructions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
17th November 2018, 06:02 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
id appreciate if you dm'd me with the instructions if you can, i posted in the galaxy s8 forum to bring awareness to this thread and to bring knowledgeable peoples attention to this post 👍
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, dex, linux, ubuntu

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)