"Look" of the device (aesthetics)

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Is the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 as good-looking as you are (despite your receding hairline, adult-onset acne, and massive weight gain)? Rate this thread to express whether you think the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is attractive. A higher rating indicates that you would even go as far to say that the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is a beautiful phone.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

itzsnookums

Oct 22, 2009
Spokane, Wa
Got my Note 8 about 4 days ago, 2 days ago i took it into the AT&T store to get a case and glass screen protector,
while she was putting the screen protector on she laid the phone on the plastic table by the time she was done had micro scratches on the very bottom and one across from edge. was pissed but nothing really i could do.

P.S. She didn't even get the screen protector on correctly. so be careful

Torquemada288

May 7, 2007
Adelaide
Got my Note 8 about 4 days ago, 2 days ago i took it into the AT&T store to get a case and glass screen protector,
while she was putting the screen protector on she laid the phone on the plastic table by the time she was done had micro scratches on the very bottom and one across from edge. was pissed but nothing really i could do.

P.S. She didn't even get the screen protector on correctly. so be careful
What does that have to do with the device aesthetics? Besides the scratches you described, do you like the look and design of the phone? Yes or no?

I love the curved design and how nicely it sits in the hand. Bear in mind, I'm coming from a Note 3 which I've been using for 4 years. The materials used, especially the glass back, make this feel every bit the premium phone I was expecting.
My GF is not a fan of big phones but even she was surprised at how comfortable it was in the hand. It's actually slimmer in width than my Note 3 and the curved back is much nicer to hold than the plastic back on the Note 3.

x111

Jul 3, 2009
Note 8 still has huge bezels and very inconvenient ugly curved display !!

AddictedToGlass

Feb 28, 2015
Loved my Sony Xperia, both for its hardware, but also aesthetically.
I like square, flat phones. The Xperia had that for me.
I also love the build quality of Apple's phone line, and found their design change starting with the 6 to feel very nice in the hand when I checked them out.
When it came time for a new phone, the S8+ combined the two designs (Xperia and Apple later models) into what I originally felt to be the perfect feel and look. But I started to grow tired of the super- curved edges (I'm new to Sammy)... screen that can't be used, or covered very well with a glass protector (a must for my dirty hands). Soon after, I started realizing that i really wasn't digging the rounded corners that much, either!
It took me two months, but I started really regretting buying the damned thing! LOL!
So I got the Note 8, with a few more features, and slightly less curved edges and more squared corners, and it's just an as absolutely perfect fit for me.
Not ONE single gripe about it. This is a down right beautiful phone IMO.

Limeybastard

Loved my Sony Xperia, both for its hardware, but also aesthetically.
I like square, flat phones. The Xperia had that for me.
I also love the build quality of Apple's phone line, and found their design change starting with the 6 to feel very nice in the hand when I checked them out.
When it came time for a new phone, the S8+ combined the two designs (Xperia and Apple later models) into what I originally felt to be the perfect feel and look. But I started to grow tired of the super- curved edges (I'm new to Sammy)... screen that can't be used, or covered very well with a glass protector (a must for my dirty hands). Soon after, I started realizing that i really wasn't digging the rounded corners that much, either!
It took me two months, but I started really regretting buying the damned thing! LOL!
So I got the Note 8, with a few more features, and slightly less curved edges and more squared corners, and it's just an as absolutely perfect fit for me.
Not ONE single gripe about it. This is a down right beautiful phone IMO.
Yep, Samsung copied the square shape of the Sony for their N8.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk