FORUMS

Speakerphone (loudness, clarity)

809 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,026

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 27th July 2017, 02:40 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Proper etiquette aside (hint: don't use speakerphone while doing your "business" in a public bathroom), rate this thread to express how you think the Samsung Galaxy Note 8's speakerphone performs. A higher rating indicates that you love it: it's loud and it's clear.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
26th August 2017, 05:56 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Had some time with note 8 display unit in Samsung store. I liked everything, but the external speaker. It is too high pitched, making listening to it a discomfort. I had the same issue with Note 7.
Today will go there again to double check. So far, this is the only thing holding me from preordering this phone

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
26th August 2017, 06:13 AM |#3  
Flag essex lad
Thanks Meter: 165

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu-khulzat

Had some time with note 8 display unit in Samsung store. I liked everything, but the external speaker. It is too high pitched, making listening to it a discomfort. I had the same issue with Note 7.
Today will go there again to double check. So far, this is the only thing holding me from preordering this phone

I really miss the nexus 6p speakers.
26th August 2017, 06:58 AM |#4  

More
For me, note 5 speaker was the best of all note phones. It was loud and had much more bass

26th August 2017, 07:55 AM |#5  
Flag Debrecen
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvi0

I really miss the nexus 6p speakers.

I'm using a 6P right now but will preorder the Note 8 when it will be available in my country.
I'm afraid of the speaker quality on the Note 8 because it's so frickin' good on the 6P.
27th August 2017, 06:57 AM |#6  

More
Had some more time with note 8 display units in Samsung store. I was surprised to find out that equalizer settings were applicable to the external speaker sound. For some reason I had been thinking that those settings are for earphones only.
So I reduced the high frequencies and that's it, the sound became much more better without causing discomfort for the hearing. For those who will find volume level low, you can boost all frequencies and get much louder sound.
Finally I made my pre-order for a black 64 GB unit.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Abu-khulzat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Abu-khulzat Ad-Free
28th August 2017, 01:22 PM |#7  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 371

More
What about the clarity and crispness of sound? Samsung aren't known for.producing good sound even their TVs speakers are poor.
After using Axon 7 and nexus 6p I've got used to good loud clear speakers, this is my major concern with note 8.
28th August 2017, 08:47 PM |#8  
Flag Brno
Thanks Meter: 10

More
For music it's miles away from iPhone 7 (not Plus, I have the "small" one) but not in the good way, it has smaller amount of bass and is more high pitched. I use my phone to play some music in a dinner room or in the bathroom so this is kind of disadvantage on Note 8 side.

Don't have any comparison on calling loudness and clarity but for music... it's shame that Sammy didn't make a stereo setup like Apple did with iPhone 7 which helped a lot.
30th August 2017, 12:45 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 412

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sattero

For music it's miles away from iPhone 7 (not Plus, I have the "small" one) but not in the good way, it has smaller amount of bass and is more high pitched. I use my phone to play some music in a dinner room or in the bathroom so this is kind of disadvantage on Note 8 side.

Don't have any comparison on calling loudness and clarity but for music... it's shame that Sammy didn't make a stereo setup like Apple did with iPhone 7 which helped a lot.

You're saying you'd be glad to give up your headphone jack for dual speakers?

Honestly, Samsung should've followed Sony, HTC, or other phone companies that enabled speaker output from the earpiece alongside with the main speaker.
The Following User Says Thank You to GigaSPX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GigaSPX Ad-Free
30th August 2017, 05:41 AM |#10  
Flag Brno
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Lol hell no, I am not saying this. I am talking about the dual speaker setup you mentioned also.

Absence of jack is different story, maybe even fairy tail of greedy king who wanted to make all customers to buy wireless headphones which are expensive and most of them sh**ty af. Don't worry, that's what I hate about iPhone 7 the most from the start.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sattero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sattero Ad-Free
7th September 2017, 08:27 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Coming from a 6P using Arise, in comparison, the Note 8 speaker is horrible.

Maybe I need to get acclimated to it, but I can hardly hear my alerts and texts as they come in. With notifications volume cranked to 11, switching ringtones in an area where a conversations happening, I really can't hear the tones. It sucks to be honest.

It's not a deal breaker but if I miss to many texts it could be. My 6p speakers are freaking amazing....Almost as amazing as the screen on my Note 8!

The speakers poor quality is absolutely the only thing on this device that I am not happy with
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)