SideSqueeze is an innovative and unique app that uses the barometric pressure sensor in your device to detect squeezes and screen presses. It is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy devices from 2017 onwards, although some people have reported varying degrees of success with Pixel devices.
What It Does
SideSqueeze gives your S8/S9/S10 series Galaxy the ability to respond to squeezes, double squeezes, triple squeezes, quadruple squeezes, long squeezes, and/or inertial squeezes, as well as force presses on the screen. For example, you can double squeeze your phone to activate Google Assistant...or maybe you'd like to quadruple squeeze to toggle auto-rotation. And now with Tasker integration, you can even create elaborate tasks to do just about anything and trigger them with any type of squeeze! SideSqueeze's new modular GUI allows you to pick and choose what you want to do with ease.
Features (not all available in trial version)
- 7 detectable squeeze types (single, double, triple, quadruple, long, long double-squeeze, and inertial)
- 3 detectable press types (single, long, and 2-finger)
- Independently selectable criteria allow you to assign multiple actions to any trigger type (if lockscreen open, if homescreen open, if camera open, if S-Pen detached, if within 5-seconds of power on, if the phone is ringing, if in-call, or if screen is off)
- New app picker to launch any app of your choosing
- Tasker integration to launch any task of your choosing
- Quick Settings tile to toggle detection engine
- Wide selection of common actions, such as flashlight toggling, status bar toggling, etc
- Adjustable pressure thresholds
- Calibration assistant to customize SideSqueeze to your device's unique characteristics
- Efficient detection algorithm that is designed to be as lightweight and low-power as possible with no significant impact on battery life
See the in-app Help section for answers to commonly asked questions.
Where do I get it?
SideSqueeze 2 is now available on the Play store!