[App] SystemUI Tuner - By Zacharee1

Search This thread

Team DevDigitel

Jul 10, 2012
Va
Please see this thread by a recognized developer i met over on the LG V20 side of things,
Went ahead and tested it against the note 8 without root, you do have to send 3 strings ( Now just 1 set! )of commands via ADB to get it working but this is a one time thing.
This is practically the UITuner android builds into their software and the OEMs seem to kill it for whatever reason. Go to to his thread to check it out and show him some love and thanks. The app is available for free in the google play-store as well.

Practically can be done by a toddler as long as you follow the steps the app asks you to do! Very Simple and super useful!

XDA THREAD : https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-systemui-tuner-t3588675

Playstore Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zacharee1.systemuituner&hl=en

Developer info : @Zacharee1

Last edited:

Have you found anything this cannot do yet? Meaning, from the screenshots on the Play Store, it says some status bar icons cannot be disabled by Samsung phones, have you found that to be true on the Note8 yet? I have the phone but I haven't installed this yet, was looking for a solid solution to removing the useless NFC icon that Samsung always displays, as well as a way to change the awful Bluetooth icon to the AOSP (or as similar as possible) version.

Thanks!

VicHammer

Aug 16, 2010
I'm with you man... I hate having the alarm icon on all the time. I know, I know... I ALWAYS have an alarm set!

franky_402

Jul 23, 2010
chi , USA
My note8 doesn't show NFC icon or alarm icon. I use timely so maybe that's why it does show up when I have pending alarms coming up or snoozed iirc. Sprint n8 if that matters

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Please see this thread by a recognized developer i met over on the LG V20 side of things,
Went ahead and tested it against the note 8 without root, you do have to send 3 strings of commands via ADB to get it working but this is a one time thing.
This is practically the UITuner android builds into their software and the OEMs seem to kill it for whatever reason. Go to to his thread to check it out and show him some love and thanks. The app is available for free in the google play-store as well.

Practically can be done by a toddler as long as you follow the steps the app asks you to do! Very Simple and super useful!

XDA THREAD : https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-systemui-tuner-t3588675

Playstore Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zacharee1.systemuituner&hl=en

ADB went smooth and I was able to tweak the pull down toggles but volume warning still happens, and it was switched off by default? This is what really bugs me and I want turned off!

Attachments

• 21868247_1557220520983766_219264858_o.jpg
    21868247_1557220520983766_219264858_o.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 3,487

mankvl

Apr 2, 2011
Kaunas
ADB went smooth and I was able to tweak the pull down toggles but volume warning still happens, and it was switched off by default? This is what really bugs me and I want turned off!

I hate it too. I understand when you get that msg with headphones but why I get it with my damn car BT! There was an article at xda that you can turn it off with AutoTools and some ADB commands, but that is not working with Samsung devices at least for me with S7E atm. I manage to fix it with Tasker and AutoInput.

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I hate it too. I understand when you get that msg with headphones but why I get it with my damn car BT! There was an article at xda that you can turn it off with AutoTools and some ADB commands, but that is not working with Samsung devices at least for me with S7E atm. I manage to fix it with Tasker and AutoInput.

Yeah I saw that but its way too complicated just to stop this minor annoyance, I will just deal with it I guess....

syedquader

Feb 21, 2015
Thanks Zachari! This app got me to get rid of the annoying heads up. But I think something went wrong with the display settings. The screen does not go off by itself. I mean the time out does not work.

Can anyone help?

By the way m using Galaxy S8 Plus.

wpy

May 7, 2007
This is a great app for the note8. Nfc, alarm icons gone. The screen rotation icon will show up so had to turn that off too. Bummer that the volume warning does not work. Can also adjust the number of quicksetting columns. Donated to the developer.

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I uninstalled the App and now my Notification pulldown icons are all black. Even after applying the default theme for the Note8 the icons are all white and still can't see them. How do you get the icons colors to show back up properly? I booted into stock recovery and did a cache partition wipe hoping how would fix it and no dice. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171022-154452.jpg
    Screenshot_20171022-154452.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 2,363

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I uninstalled the App and now my Notification pulldown icons are all black. Even after applying the default theme for the Note8 the icons are all white and still can't see them. How do you get the icons colors to show back up properly? I booted into stock recovery and did a cache partition wipe hoping how would fix it and no dice. Any help is appreciated.

I was able to get the status bar icons to show back up by installing the app again and using adb on my desktop, but the question remains how do you completely uninstall this app and go back to stock settings? Is the only way to do a factory reset?

Last edited:

black96ss

Dec 28, 2012
doesn't hide the wifi calling icon either. Its still one of my favorite apps to use. between this, substratum and bx actions, I can live without root on a samsung

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Went ahead and tested it against the note 8 without root, you do have to send 3 strings ( Now just 1 set! )of commands via ADB to get it working but this is a one time thing.

I was able to get the status bar icons to show back up by installing the app again and using adb on my desktop, but the question remains how do you completely uninstall this app and go back to stock settings? Is the only way to do a factory reset?

click the option that says reset blacklist, then uninstall.

you left icons blacklisted, this app is using the built in features of the android system to do what it does, technically it has them all built in just Samsung hid and ripped them out from our view.