FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Immersive mode with ADB Shell comands (hide status bar) (No Root)

84 posts
Thanks Meter: 32

By redline06, Member on 7th September 2017, 09:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just in case any of you don't like the fixed status bar you can still hide it with the old shell commands, to bring it back for a few seconds just swipe down from the top.
I did on my S8+ and just tried on the Note 8 and it works fine. No Root needed

Follow this write up, there's an even more in depth write up with in this one I'm posting the link for.

https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-...eeded-0177297/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170907-163700.jpg
Views:	4304
Size:	264.2 KB
ID:	4265987  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to redline06 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redline06 Ad-Free

9th September 2017, 08:19 PM |#2  
Flag Purgatory
Thanks Meter: 1,670

Donate to Me
More
I remember this! I'm glad something still works! Thanks for the heads up. Here's my homescreen.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20170909-151611.jpg
Views:	3306
Size:	253.2 KB
ID:	4267891  
19th September 2017, 02:17 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Is there a way to permanently disable navigation bar and use swipe gestures instead? (I don't mean hide the navbar, because it appears when you try to use swipe gestures). I love the immersive mode but constant need to bring the bar back is pretty annoying. I would greatly appreciate if anyone would suggest a way!
22nd September 2017, 03:12 PM |#4  
Athens
Thanks Meter: 17

More
If you dont want to go through all this you can use Nova launcer and just choose the option to hide the status bar, it will only appear if you swipe down from the top
22nd September 2017, 04:14 PM |#5  
Flag ✪ Developer & Themer
Thanks Meter: 1,453

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenzyGr

If you dont want to go through all this you can use Nova launcer and just choose the option to hide the status bar, it will only appear if you swipe down from the top

This is for immersive mode system wide, you will not see the status bar in all apps too.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I LOVE immersive mode but doing it this way is too buggy for me to enjoy
Causes lag dragging the notification bar down and also bugs out in lots of apps (facebook/whatsapp/MEGA) etc
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Ash.Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mr.Ash.Man Ad-Free
22nd September 2017, 05:12 PM |#6  
I have a better idea:
download the "Tiles" app from the play store, it has immersive mode option to be turned on and off from the notification panel, added as a tile. run this adb command "adb shell pm grant com.rascarlo.quick.settings.tiles android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS" then you can set it to ask you to turn off everything or different component. You can still swipe up. Also, you can only turn off status bar. etc.
Also, I am personally using the PIE controls app form the play store instead of the gestures since I am unrooted. Works well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline06

Just in case any of you don't like the fixed status bar you can still hide it with the old shell commands, to bring it back for a few seconds just swipe down from the top.
I did on my S8+ and just tried on the Note 8 and it works fine. No Root needed

Follow this write up, there's an even more in depth write up with in this one I'm posting the link for.

https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-...eeded-0177297/

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawintellect

I remember this! I'm glad something still works! Thanks for the heads up. Here's my homescreen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedras95

Is there a way to permanently disable navigation bar and use swipe gestures instead? (I don't mean hide the navbar, because it appears when you try to use swipe gestures). I love the immersive mode but constant need to bring the bar back is pretty annoying. I would greatly appreciate if anyone would suggest a way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenzyGr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ash.Man

This is for immersive mode system wide, you will not see the status bar in all apps too.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I LOVE immersive mode but doing it this way is too buggy for me to enjoy
Causes lag dragging the notification bar down and also bugs out in lots of apps (facebook/whatsapp/MEGA) etc

22nd September 2017, 05:15 PM |#7  
Here is a screen shot. Sorry for the two posts
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20170922-121348.jpg
Views:	1592
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	4280036  
22nd September 2017, 05:16 PM |#8  
Flag Birmingham, UK
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteosaeed

Here is a screen shot. Sorry for the two posts

Is this a disabled nav bar? That's what I want! Lol

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
23rd September 2017, 01:17 AM |#9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarfreak26

Is this a disabled nav bar? That's what I want! Lol

Yes that is. If you swipe up it will appear otherwise it doesn't show.
The Following User Says Thank You to matteosaeed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift matteosaeed Ad-Free
29th September 2017, 06:07 AM |#10  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Is there any way to permanently hide it? I don’t want it coming back when swiping up. Want to replace it with pie.
29th September 2017, 09:52 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Is there a way to get a gesture that let's me swipe up to go to home from and screen?. Like webos, Nokia and blackberry 10 had?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy, immersive, note, note8, samsung

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)