DIY Sample - GALAXY NOTE 8 - TWRP+MAGISK - DualSpeaker - Exynos & Snapdragon - ROOT - (26/03/2018)

Search This thread
Doesnt work on my device. It says module will be updated on next reboot. Even after rebooting still same and also cant remove it.

As I mentioned for Magisk issue:
................................................................................
I can't really say for sure how to manually uninstall modules, but I know modules are installed in "/magisk/"
You could move the MOD folder outside (don't delete) & reboot, if it goes into bootloop, restore the MOD back in Magisk through the recovery and set the right permissions...
Or Please go to magisk threads for further support...

which one is having issues...?
UPDATE:
You are not using Oreo, are you?
Nougat and Oreo are different...

Last edited:

sparky2029

Sep 24, 2016
after flashing the mod I noticed that there is no sound while playing games but everything else works like music and other sounds. The games work fine while using headphones tho. Anyone else having this problem at all? Any help would be appreciated

after flashing the mod I noticed that there is no sound while playing games but everything else works like music and other sounds. The games work fine while using headphones tho. Anyone else having this problem at all? Any help would be appreciated

I think I know where the problem is... I'll release a fix tomorrow the 20th Feb 2018...

Please bare with this issue or revert back to original mixers...

sparky2029

Sep 24, 2016
I think I know where the problem is... I'll release a fix tomorrow the 20th Feb 2018...

Please bare with this issue or revert back to original mixers...
Awesome thank you! I don't mind using the headphones, I was just curious.
I'm on the snapdragon not the exynos. Not sure if that matters just wanted to point that out

dallen5

May 15, 2012
Mobile, AL
I have hopes that it will! And you are sure right, Viper is wonderful, when you know what you're doing. With Dolby, I was like one-click "Movie" done. I'm easy to please ;)

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

For anyone else who is interested and gets stuck at the Google Drive virus prompt that won't let you download, you have to save it to your own Google Drive, right click make copy from there, then download the copy you make from your Google Drive copy.

I don't think the right click trick doesn't work anymore

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
For viperarise try this link.....
https://mega.nz/#!dd9HjbCC!iAq-yApkLwdfdMhzBUN-ZC0f4t6KyKV-QFnYb29K9wg

Sent from my God Mode 8

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

And here's add-ons such as dolby,beats etc...
I HAVEN'T INSTALLED THESE PERSONALLY...and can't remember if it offers you options as to which add-ons you want to install.....however if any are installed you don't want, delete the files manually with root explorer....
For more concrete answers search for the Viper4Arise thread and check the OP

https://mega.nz/#!EIsxhS7A!oKwTXm67r6V_1PZ22X6ar2GNF78zNyl4SqzCePlj4b4

Sent from my God Mode 8

bagery77

Dec 7, 2009
Yea I'm using a Windows computer now

On Windows just now, I was able to click the "Open With Document Viewer for Google Drive" link in the middle of the page using Chrome right above the file contents. Once I clicked that link, there was another link directly to the left that says "Download the File." It downloaded just fine from there without any workarounds.

But now I see Lou has made it available on another site. Either way should work.

Please post your Oreo mixer files & I'll make the MOD...

Awesome thank you! I don't mind using the headphones, I was just curious.
I'm on the snapdragon not the exynos. Not sure if that matters just wanted to point that out
They are the same, what was your problem again?
With the dual speaker mod for snapdragon, when someone calls me or I make a call I have to toggle speaker phone on and off before I can hear the other person through the earpiece
I'm Verizon samfail v1
I either didn't notice this problem before or it wasn't happening, but i can confirm that 1st call after reboot (incoming only i think) no audio in earpiece until you toggle speaker phone on then off after that works normally till reboot.
Good find @pcausey77
Sent from my God Mode 8

I made what I believe is a solution for mentioned problems...
Inside Snapdragon, there is a folder named "Testing New Release 20 Feb 2018"...
I'd appreciate if you can test and report back...

Last edited:

sparky2029

Sep 24, 2016
I get sound from games now however it only comes from the bottom speaker
That is correct, ultra-low-latency kernel speakers utilization is failing, it is noticed in all snapdragon devices...

Any app uses ultra-low-latency will use bottom speaker normally... Other apps will use both speakers...

Reactions: sparky2029

jokono421

Jul 24, 2017
Not sure if it was the purpose of new test version for note 8 snapdragon. But the noise is balanced between both speakers alot better. Last version my top was louder then bottom most of the time. Very thankful for new version.

Not sure if it was the purpose of new test version for note 8 snapdragon. But the noise is balanced between both speakers alot better. Last version my top was louder then bottom most of the time. Very thankful for new version.
It seems test version has fixed so much...

However, 2 users reported mic issues... Which should've also been Resolved...

Neither of them responded...

If all goes well, I'll merge the test version and make it final...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Everyone,
    I hope you all are great...

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR FEEDBACKS IN ORDER TO IMPROVE THE MODULE...

Don't Forget to say :good: THANKS :good:
    and
    if you're very happy, please consider Donating to Support me, it means a lot even if it was little...

EXYNOS: I have made SoundMod Magisk Module by Modifying my own mixers_path.xml & mixers_gain.xml
    SNAPDRAGON: I have made SoundMod Magisk Module Flashable TWRP (You can use Flashfire) by Modifying original mixer_paths_tavil.xml
    provided by louforgiveno
    He has Samsung Note 8 T-Mobile

Outdated
    Download below:

Make your own soundmod by following my guide here:
    dualspeaker soundmod tutorial guide - all devices - root only

!!! ALWAYS MAKE BACKUP OF YOUR FILES BEFORE REPLACING THEM !!!
    If you didn't, no worries I have Attached my Backup (EXYNOS & SNAPDRAGON)...
    You can Use it with MAGISK (Snapdragon device, doesn't have Magisk)
    or
    You can Use it with TWRP
    or
    Just extract the MANUAL zip and get the mixers and place them in your system/etc & set permissions to 644 (rw-r--r--) ...
    reboot...
    Re-Tested on my Note 8 Exynos...
    Still Works Great... :silly:

Let me know if you face any issues...
    SNAPDRAGON MOD:
    I Thank you for very much your help user louforgiveno ...
    --- TWRP file is flashable by flashfire reported by users...
    --- TWRP Bluetooth & Headphones (the file name having "_BT_HD_" ) Gain Modified by member rickberg, revised by me...

EXYNOS MOD:
    --- Merged All Modules and produced one, DIY for volume change...
    --- Top Speaker as it is, created TWRP as well...
    - disabled bottom speaker upon request from Motawa88...

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
    The MOD can be used with any Equalizers, but wouldn't recommend it...
    If using Equalizer will cause crackles and noise, stop using and report back please so I could decrease the default volume...

--- Viper4Araise Settings tested by an XDA Member:
    I use this version https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2kFWHz2n1w0dVBEOFVNRDE1STg/view?usp=drivesdk
    The pics will show the "main" items to change for volume increase (bass and treble settings to your liking....just be sure to enable the tabs of the items you want to hear changes to)
    And lastly remember each sound output will have its own config page ie headset, bluetooth etc.
    View attachment 4396153View attachment 4396154
    Sent from my God Mode 8

DIY Volume Adjust
    ( You can only adjust the earpiece due to the hardware, you can not adjust it from the mixer)
    (I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE):
    • SNAPDRAGON: to Adjust:
      Code:
          <path name="earpiece">
      	<!--default is 84, safe up-to 95, can reach to 120, DANGEROUS above 95-->
      	<ctl name="RX0 Mix Digital Volume" value="90" />
          </path>
    • EXYNOS: to Adjust:
      Code:
      <!--default is 30, safe up-to 40, can reach to 60, DANGEROUS above 40-->
      <!--XDA-Dante63: Defining Ear start-->
         <ctl name="HPOUT3L Input 1 Volume" value="33" />
         <ctl name="HPOUT3R Input 1 Volume" value="33" />	
      <!--XDA-Dante63: Defining Ear end-->
         <path name="gain-media-headset">
           <!--default is 107, safe up-to 120, if you hate your ears and headset, go above 120-->
      	<ctl name="HPOUT2L Impedance Volume" value="107" />
      	<ctl name="HPOUT2R Impedance Volume" value="107" />
           <!--default is 32, safe up-to 40, if you hate your ears and headset, go above 40-->
      	<ctl name="HPOUT2L Input 1 Volume" value="40" />
      	<ctl name="HPOUT2R Input 1 Volume" value="40" />
         </path>
    Don't Forget to say :good: THANKS :good:
    and
    if you're very happy, please consider Donating to Support me, it means a lot even if it was little...

Again I Say Please, your Feedbacks are important for futuristic updates to improve the MOD...
    Thread Changelog:
    (01/03/2019)
    --- suspending thread support here, it's time for you to make your own soundmod, I'll support you on the main thread...
    (26/03/2018)
    --- Fixed Oreo Exynos MOD...
    (21/03/2018)
    --- rebuilt Exynos SoundMod, it should play dualspeaker everywhere...
    --- Exynos Oreo released...
    --- TWRP updated, if you flash it more than once, it will not overwrite the backup created...
    (18/03/2018)
    --- Fixed Magisk...
    (11/03/2018)
    --- Thread Cleanup...
    --- Exynos Mod removed from Magisk repo...
    --- Merged Exynos Magisk MODs, re-released...
    --- Added TWRP for Exynos...
    --- Snapdragon MOD re-released (no changes, just rewrote it)
    (05/03/2018)
    --- TWRP has been updated, it will backup your current Mixers in the same path with file name as "mixername.xml.bak0", if you flash TWRP file twice you'll lose your Original...
    (25/02/2018)
    --- Fixed sound issues related to Snapdragon Module such as (Call requires to toggle speaker on then off for earpiece to work, some apps produce no sounds,etc)...
    (15/02/2018)
    --- Magisk Module updated to support V15 and above...
    (22/01/2018)
    --- Added Snapdragon Bluetooth & Headphones Gain Done by rickberg, Thank you...
    (21/01/2018)
    --- Added Snapdragon Modded & Original Mixers for those who forgot to backup...
    --- Removed Magisk for Snapdragon - Somehow I forgot you don't have Magisk, Added TWRP flashable...
    Current Complaints:
    --- None...

Current Requests:
    --- None...

Currently Doing:
    --- Nome...

Done:
    --- Thread Cleanup, Mod removed from Magisk repo, Exynos re-released + Added TWRP, snapdragon mod re-released...
    --- Multiple attempts for non-ROOT Method...
    --- EXYNOS increase Bluetooth/headphone volume...
    --- Disabled Bottom Speaker Upon Member Request...
    --- Added Original Mixers for those who forgot to backup...
    --- SNAPDRAGON MOD Release...
    --- SNAPDRAGON Bluetooth Volume Increase...

Confirmed & Conclusions:
    --- it's not possible to modify without ROOT...
    --- Speaker Volume can't be adjusted...
    So would I be safe using this mod alongside of viper for the snapdragon phones? Also am I just flashing this with flash fire?
    Indeed it seems he has taken over lol...

Alexander, looks like Lou got you taken care of, I was just saying what I'd read...That's a good compromise of the two audio mods. Will have to try that one. Thanks again lou! And yes, you too Dante! :)

It was advised not to use any equalizers with this mod... the mod is set to where it doesn't crackle etc... anything beyond is with the use of EQ is at the users own risk...
    Same... I also prefer the copy/paste/change permission method as it just feels more complete/manual ...

If only if you want to use any amplifiers/equalizers, the volume in the mixer file for the earpiece must be adjusted at lower level to avoid damage to the earpiece...
    I'll post the code you need to modify yourself, AGAIN the volume I put should be safe, if you decide to INCREASE it above what I put at least make sure not even a slight noise, distortion or crackle...

Why I didn't set to the max volume, some music are amplified by default, in other words they are loud by default, it's like when you watch a prank video with your headset on loud volume and someone screams you'd say "rip ears", it's similar "rip earpiece", I set it to the max safe level possible so any change in music levels wouldn't do any harm to it...

He means running a risk modifying the values in the file itself. The mod as it is does not introduce crackle or any other bad effects......as always the risk is yours as this is a MOD running outside of sammy specs.
    Sent from my God Mode 8
    ---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Throughout my testing I've been doing the copy, paste, set permissions then reboot method and it works 100%. I use root explorer, also while noticeable it is not omnipresent...try a video file, hold phone landscape at a comfortable distance and listen for the effect. You didn't by chance install the "stock" file he posted did you?
    Sent from my God Mode 8
    Thank you for responding on my behalf @louforgiveno :D
    Please Help....
    I only want to increase headphone volume

Currently, I am working on supporting Snapdragon phones...

I'll look at volume levels later...