Boobies!

16 Vote(s)
41.03%

[SNAPDRAGON][EXYNOS] ViPER4Android [ZIP][FLASHABLE]

344 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,410

By Paradoxumical, Senior Member on 9th October 2017, 04:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Disclaimer: I will take no responsibility if flashing this zip somehow causes you to go deaf, scares your cat, receiving of noise complaints from your neighbors, development of anti-social behavior, getting hit by a bus, a twerking grandmother, broken windows and/or any other imaginable royally screwed possibility.

Q: Will this work on other Samsung devices?
A: Maybe, I see no reason for it not to work on the S8 or S8+. Feel free to test it out and report back.

Credits: @zhuhang for ViPER4Android FX & XHiFI.
@partcyborg, @me2151, and @elliwigy for hooking us up with root.

Features: Systemwide ViPER4Android FX 2.3.4.0 (higher audio processing than newer versions) and ViPER4Android XHiFi.

Installation steps (make sure to read these before downloading the ZIP):
1) Make sure you're rooted.
2) Download either FlashFire (Snapdragon - thank you, @Chainfire) or install TWRP (Exynos).
3) Install BusyBox, to /system/xbin (otherwise, XHiFi will not work, only FX will).
4) Get Titanium Backup, ROM Toolbox PRO, or any similar application.
6) Freeze "Adapt Sound" and "SoundAlive".
5) Flash the attached zip.
6) Grant root permissions to both FX and XHiFi (you might have to uninstall the FX driver within the in-app settings to trigger this, if so, simply reflash the ZIP after having done so and reboot).
7) Reread step six.
8) Profit & enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171008-232103[1].jpg
Views:	5826
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	4297035   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171008-232121[1].jpg
Views:	5660
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	4297036  
Attached Files
File Type: zip ViPER4Android.zip - [Click for QR Code] (10.01 MB, 5564 views)
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Paradoxumical For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Paradoxumical Ad-Free

9th October 2017, 09:12 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxumical

Disclaimer: I will take no responsibility if flashing this zip somehow causes you to go deaf, scares your cat, receiving of noise complaints from your neighbors, development of anti-social behavior, getting hit by a bus, a twerking grandmother, broken windows and/or any other imaginable royally screwed possibility.

Q: Will this work on other Samsung devices?
A: Maybe, I see no reason for it not to work on the S8 or S8+. Feel free to test it out and report back.

Credits: @zhuhang for ViPER4Android FX & XHiFI.
@partcyborg, @me2151, and @elliwigy for hooking us up with root.

Features: Systemwide ViPER4Android FX 2.3.4.0 (higher audio processing than newer versions) and ViPER4Android XHiFi.

Installation steps (make sure to read these before downloading the ZIP):
1) Make sure you're rooted.
2) Download either FlashFire (Snapdragon - thank you, @Chainfire) or install TWRP (Exynos).
3) Install BusyBox, to /system/xbin (otherwise, XHiFi will not work, only FX will).
4) Get Titanium Backup, ROM Toolbox PRO, or any similar application.
6) Freeze "Adapt Sound" and "SoundAlive".
5) Flash the attached zip.
6) Grant root permissions to both FX and XHiFi (you might have to uninstall the FX driver within the in-app settings to trigger this, if so, simply reflash the ZIP after having done so and reboot).
7) Reread step six.
8) Profit & enjoy.

Won't installing busybox to system/xbin trip up safety net flagging your device as tampered/rooted? Also, if you have magisk, can't you just install the v4a module right from within magisk? I don't see the point in going through all these extra steps and flagging your device in safety net when you can just install the v4a magisk module. Not trying to be a dick, asking honest questions.
9th October 2017, 01:59 PM |#3  
Flag Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 127

Donate to Me
More
Works perfectly on my T-Mobile N950U! Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
9th October 2017, 04:54 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx42069

Won't installing busybox to system/xbin trip up safety net flagging your device as tampered/rooted? Also, if you have magisk, can't you just install the v4a module right from within magisk? I don't see the point in going through all these extra steps and flagging your device in safety net when you can just install the v4a magisk module. Not trying to be a dick, asking honest questions.

If you have a Snapdragon device, SafetyNet is already tripped due to the nature of the rooting process.

But if you have an Exynos device, by all means, use the Magisk module. This ZIP was intended for the Snapdragon variant (since that's what I have), but works on Exynos variants as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Paradoxumical For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Paradoxumical Ad-Free
9th October 2017, 10:38 PM |#5  
Bronx
Thanks Meter: 27

More
i flashed it n nuthin,i cant even find the in-app u wrote about
11th October 2017, 02:10 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Was anyone able to install busybox and viper4android after getting rooted? I tried flashing the viper4android zip using flashfire but it doesn't seem to do anything and busybox installer will not install to any system location. Thanks in advance. Also, I have the snapdragon version and rooted using samfail.
11th October 2017, 05:45 AM |#7  
Bronx
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilviet93

Was anyone able to install busybox and viper4android after getting rooted? I tried flashing the viper4android zip using flashfire but it doesn't seem to do anything and busybox installer will not install to any system location. Thanks in advance. Also, I have the snapdragon version and rooted using samfail.

same problem with me i flashed it n nothing happened..also u need to use busybox root it's the red icon version u probably using the old gray busybox
The Following User Says Thank You to mister_propa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mister_propa Ad-Free
11th October 2017, 06:09 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_propa

same problem with me i flashed it n nothing happened..also u need to use busybox root it's the red icon version u probably using the old gray busybox

Yeah, I used the old busybody version. I just went back to stock after a few hours of messing around with no results. My main reason for root and accepting the 80% battery limit is viper but since I can't get it working I went back to stock for now. Will try again once there is more development. Let me know if you do get it working.
11th October 2017, 07:27 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

i flashed it n nuthin,i cant even find the in-app u wrote about

Quote:

Quote:

When you guys flashed it with Flashfire, which options did you enable/disable? Mind taking a screenshot of the preflash stage for me? Do you see the Flashfire installation screen? You should be able to see the ZIP flash progress script.
As for those having problems with installing BusyBox, if you're using Stericson's, you have to manually grant the storage permission.
11th October 2017, 07:33 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxumical

When you guys flashed it with Flashfire, which options did you enable/disable? Mind taking a screenshot of the preflash stage for me? Do you see the Flashfire installation screen? You should be able to see the ZIP flash progress script.
As for those having problems with installing BusyBox, if you're using Stericson's, you have to manually grant the storage permission.

Just select the zip and start the flashing process. It went black then the flashfire process starts then phone reboots but no sign of the viper app anywhere. How do I manually grant permission? What is the best way to install busybox?
11th October 2017, 07:43 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Just select the zip and start the flashing process. It went black then the flashfire process starts then phone reboots but no sign of the viper app anywhere. How do I manually grant permission? What is the best way to install busybox?

I personally used BusyBox Pro by Stericson (he's an amazing developer), but I did have to manually grant the storage permission first by going to: App info > Permissions > Storage (toggle it on).
If this doesn't work, use BusyBox Installer (warning: it's riddled with ads).
As for Flashfire, try enabling the "mount system read/write" option.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171011-023649.jpg
Views:	2326
Size:	233.5 KB
ID:	4299207   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171011-023846.jpg
Views:	2332
Size:	205.2 KB
ID:	4299210   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171011-023828.jpg
Views:	2326
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	4299211  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paradoxumical For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Paradoxumical Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)