FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Zero Camera Mod - Bitrates+JPG | 4K HDR + [email protected] | H265 | Latest Cam - N950 - 11 Oct

1,373 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,417

By zeroprobe, Senior Member on 11th October 2017, 02:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th November 2018, 01:21 AM |#341  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
EDIT: Forget about all that, its normal behavior of the app to not use the telephoto lens (but still zoom in) when you block it with your fingers (and apparently under bad lighting conditions). Nothing to do with this app / mod.

Damn, I wish Samsung would have added an indicator for when the telephoto lens is actually in use because if its not I might not zoom in in the first place.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't use the telephoto lens anymore at all! It still zooms in as expected when pressing on 2x but it is just digital, the second isn't getting used (I can just put my finger on it and the 2x switch still works normally). I tried both the Magisk module as well as the none Magisk option in the app.

Worse though, I can't undo it either anymore! Both after disabling the Magisk module and choosing Restore Camera I still have the issue.

27th November 2018, 06:01 PM |#342  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hi how install this apk in non roted note 8 SM-950F.
when i installed earlier this apk they close and sending message : this apk is not licenced by samsung.Is samsung S9 apk. How install this apk in non roted note 8 SM-950F. Android 8.0?
21st December 2018, 02:34 PM |#343  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
[email protected] with adjustable bitrate?
Hey @zeroprobe!

First of all - thanks for the awesome work you've done so far on the Zero Camera Mod!
I actually rooted my phone just to use your app and get a bit more from my Note 8's camera.

I was wondering if it could be possible to get a [email protected] running on the ZeroCamera Mod for Note8 Exynos, with the adjustable bitrate options, similar to the rubberbigpepper.lgCamera, once the extra script is applied?

And one more question - I see I can shoot 4K video with a custom picture profile (i'm using a really flat and desaturated one), but that's not possible on the Q60 and FHD60fps options. Could I be doing something wrong when modding the camera or it's normal like that?

Thank you for your time!
Cheers!
21st December 2018, 10:39 PM |#344  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulldron

The Exynos 8895 supports 4K @ 120fps and the Snapdragon 835 supports 4K @fps 30fps. So is the bottleneck the storage?

The UFS 2.1 is definitely fast enough. Here are the bitrates on the S8:

1080p: 17mbps

1080p 60fps: 28mbps

4K: 48mbps

720p 240fps: 72mbps.

There's even a camera mod (requires root) that allows 720p at 240fps at 100mbps on the S8. I would say 4K at 60fps shouldn't exceed 90mbps, but Samsung can still choose to use lot less bitrate if they wanted to, but you'd see some loss in video quality.

So the real bottleneck is still the processor, because things like video stabilization, and HDR require lot of processing. In fact this is why the S8 has a cheaper warp stabilizer and no HDR at 4K. In fact, the camera mod on the S8 even allows 60fps in 1440p mode, but frame stabilizer had to be turned off in favor of the cheaper warp stabilizer to achieve the result. So the only way I think the S8/Note8 can record at 4K at 60fps is if all software stabilization is turned off, autofocus speeds slowed and it skips out on software noise reduction, But i believe the exynos has the best chance out of the two.

Is it possible to record 120 fps @ 4k on note 8?
4th January 2019, 10:14 PM |#345  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_red_storm05

Is it possible to record 120 fps @ 4k on note 8?

No. 4k120fps is the playback limit for the exynos N8 processor, not recording limit
24th February 2019, 09:19 AM |#346  
Flag Schiedam
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Will you update this for the pie update?
The Following User Says Thank You to Gi4nnelli For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gi4nnelli Ad-Free
4th March 2019, 09:14 PM |#347  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Modded American Pie
@zeroprobe

Picking up Gi4nnelli's question - would it be possible to replace the files in question one might still possess from a modded Nougat instance?

As far as I've seen, the paths haven't changed between Nougat and Pie except for "libvicom.so" which seems to reside only in /system/vendor/lib/ (Pie) instead of /system/lib/ (Nougat) now.
The Following User Says Thank You to little-endian For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift little-endian Ad-Free
23rd April 2019, 02:02 PM |#348  

More
@zeroprobe

Thanks for having updated your mod to now support Android Pie as well.

However, compared to Cvolton's approach which uses the (ironically) superior camera version from Oreo, it has the disadvantage of lacking the pro functions for video recording as Samsung idiotically removed them under Pie.

Any plans to adopt the older camera version for Pie and also support higher frame rates for UHD recording?
1st May 2019, 06:02 AM |#349  
Flag Abbottabad
Thanks Meter: 1,297

More
there is module in magisk just search it Samsung 4k60 camera Mod and you will get many more option for Samsung camera
1st May 2019, 08:07 AM |#350  

More
Yes, thanks. Now that Cvolton's mod also supports the JPEG quality setting, the only part which is lacking is the edge enhancement and noise reduction settings. Luckily, these can be applied by Zeroprobe's mod after flashing Cvolton's.

So for now, the "purist" still needs both.
15th May 2019, 03:51 AM |#351  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Does it work on non-rooted Note 9 with Pie?
Does it work on non-rooted Note 9 with Pie?
I wanted to buy and use this mod but when I try to install App from play store it said that is not compatible for my N9850F/FD. On description

Only purchase if you have a Samsung Galaxy N8 device that has ROOT permissions.

N950F
N950FD
The Following User Says Thank You to turoocool For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift turoocool Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)