FORUMS

dbrand new grip case SUCKS!

475 posts
Thanks Meter: 194
 
By nuclearrage, Senior Member on 6th April 2019, 03:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just in case the other thread was not being followed much , I wanted to make it real clear.

I have bought 6 dollar cases off of Amazon that are better than this hot mess

Cut outs too small for the headphone Jack
Cut outs too small for the spen
Buttons are garbage , very stiff and lacking a good click
Corners are thin with little protection
Back cutouts block the fingerprint reader and interfere with its operation (about 70% it doesn't recognize my finger, no problems with the other cases I have)
The case itself is not grippy THE VERY FREAKING THING IT IS NAMED FOR.It slides allover when put on a flat surface,unlike the original grip case.
It has a back?? That you are supposed to put skins on??
The sides block the edge and mess with the edge screen functions

I could probably go on , but it's no longer worth it, dbrand should be ****ing embarrassed by this disaster, and I would no recommend this case to anyone.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nuclearrage For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nuclearrage Ad-Free
6th April 2019, 08:42 PM |#2  
roaduardo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 577
 
More
Not surprised. What a mess. They delay and delay and delay and remain SILENT on this new product of theirs that they had to have spend a lot of money on when you consider the video ad they made and they delivered (finally) what?

If you can do a video review, please do so. Thanks for the update.
6th April 2019, 09:12 PM |#3  
TheInfiniteAndroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 326
 
More
Was waiting for a video review to show up on YouTube, from the sounds of it, I shouldn't bother...
6th April 2019, 09:58 PM |#4  
Ariac Konrel's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mesa
Thanks Meter: 311
 
More
I was very disappointed by it. Specific to the Note 9, the cutouts for the S-Pen and fingerprint sensor.
Overall, I prefer the Grip V1. It had actual GRIP and I enjoyed the bumper style case more. The hard plastic felt cheap.
About the only things I see as a plus is that the buttons are textured and the case will probably not degrade horribly like the first Grip.
9th April 2019, 04:42 PM |#5  
Half Man Half Biscuit's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 532
 
More
I messaged them on Sunday to tell them how f***** bad the case is plus some other stuff,guess what?
Never replied back,usually they reply in like 4-6h everytime!
Also told them to post my comment about GRIP on Twitter like they usually do lol

What a loser company,f**** up and can't even admit it!
But lets post how we told/wrote customer's "**** off BIATCH!" on Twitter...that's cool,right?!
Suddenly after the GRIP thing settled a little how they're active on Twitter,roasting/savaging/humiliating people (per fanboys ofc) smfh
9th April 2019, 06:20 PM |#6  
TheInfiniteAndroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 326
 
More
Can anyone post any pictures
9th April 2019, 09:17 PM |#7  
Half Man Half Biscuit's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 532
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInfiniteAndroid

Can anyone post any pictures


Already lost money on this **** and now I ain't losing private time taking or making photos/video's!

Plus I threw it in the garbage after 10ish min,it's bad like seriously bad...even if I wanted I couldn't help you bud
The Following User Says Thank You to Half Man Half Biscuit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Half Man Half Biscuit Ad-Free
11th April 2019, 10:24 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Eagan
Thanks Meter: 68
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInfiniteAndroid

Was waiting for a video review to show up on YouTube, from the sounds of it, I shouldn't bother...

Kind of a self-plug, but check this review out: https://www.pixelspot.net/2019/04/09...e-case-review/
The Following User Says Thank You to aryan.arora180 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aryan.arora180 Ad-Free
11th April 2019, 01:18 PM |#9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Man Half Biscuit

Already lost money on this **** and now I ain't losing private time taking or making photos/video's!

Plus I threw it in the garbage after 10ish min,it's bad like seriously bad...even if I wanted I couldn't help you bud


Hahaha I did the same thing. I was so pissed off , it went in the trash about 20 minutes after I opened it.

Sent from my Samsung SM-N960U1 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to nuclearrage For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nuclearrage Ad-Free
11th April 2019, 07:26 PM |#10  
Half Man Half Biscuit's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 532
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aryan.arora180

Kind of a self-plug, but check this review out: https://www.pixelspot.net/2019/04/09...e-case-review/


Lol was a shitty read in all honesty!
He basically said it's **** but found what that you can buy for 5$ a skin and put it on,ohhh but you'll have to buy the case for 30something dollars. That's his good?!

Plus he never mentioned anything about the S-Pen issue that you either need to use a sharp object or your smallest finger to kinda press in to get the pen to pop out (same goes for putying the pen back in).Not grippy,hmmmm most important thing isn't good at all,it's garbage.
Button clickability isn't good is f***** horrible,OHHHHHHHH and you don't get used to the fingerprint sensor issue,period! Way to much raised,you literally have to press but press pretty hard in order for your finger to touch the sensor. You do not get used to that.

BUT hey you can buy and apply a skin,that's the good thing. Def would recommend after the review.



p.s. Wrote them a nice juicy message but after 5 days they never replied,basically took our money and f*** off!
Normally they'll answer to anything in 4-6h,this time no word.
11th April 2019, 07:44 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag Eagan
Thanks Meter: 68
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Man Half Biscuit

Lol was a shitty read in all honesty!
He basically said it's **** but found what that you can buy for 5$ a skin and put it on,ohhh but you'll have to buy the case for 30something dollars. That's his good?!

Plus he never mentioned anything about the S-Pen issue that you either need to use a sharp object or your smallest finger to kinda press in to get the pen to pop out (same goes for putying the pen back in).Not grippy,hmmmm most important thing isn't good at all,it's garbage.
Button clickability isn't good is f***** horrible,OHHHHHHHH and you don't get used to the fingerprint sensor issue,period! Way to much raised,you literally have to press but press pretty hard in order for your finger to touch the sensor. You do not get used to that.

BUT hey you can buy and apply a skin,that's the good thing. Def would recommend after the review.



p.s. Wrote them a nice juicy message but after 5 days they never replied,basically took our money and f*** off!
Normally they'll answer to anything in 4-6h,this time no word.

Not taking dbrand's side here at all (I hate the case too), but these statements have been made: "You can tell that I’m not happy with the case," "I really like the design and the fact that I can customize it with dbrand’s skins," and "a case I don’t like using every day and thus, I’d highly recommend looking for something else." So the review says that the customizability is the only good side, but everything else is a downside. The S-pen issue hasn't been mentioned because it was a OnePlus 6 and not a Note 9. The review does not recommend the case, unlike what you're saying.
To be honest, though, the power button did get less stiff after continued use of about a week and I got used to the fingerprint scanner issue. Maybe it's more on the Note 9, but it wasn't for my OnePlus 6.
I'm not going against you here; I'm on your side. The Grip (and Prism, for that matter) are both shitty products. But the review is pretty on point with what everyone's saying.

I've also sent multiple emails to dbrand and they're letting me return it. However, the return process is stupid and just makes you not wanna do it. So just like you, even I'm not happy. Just wanted to make that clear.
The Following User Says Thank You to aryan.arora180 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aryan.arora180 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes