FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL] [8.1.0/9.0] Endurance Kernel V2.0.25 / V1.2.31 [Linux 4.9.185] [CSF9 / ASB1]

546 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,799

By Eamo5, Senior Member on 28th December 2018, 12:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th December 2018, 07:54 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 173

More
Good job man, this kernel working very good and Good battery life.. on my N9 TW keep going bro
The Following User Says Thank You to Gabe2014 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gabe2014 Ad-Free

29th December 2018, 02:46 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-BOSS

Amazing!!! Bring Exynos back to the glory again... Golden Age is coming again for Exynos I knew there's alot of sh*t happening on kernel level with Exynos.... I'm glad you got it all sorted (nearly)

But... I will wait till you add or support GPU & CPU undervolt , CPU Overclocking as undervolting CPU will further increase battery life it is obvious

Thank you! For providing this kernel!! I will keep watching it till at least have an undervolting CPU & GPU support (I'm not asking for any ETA'S) Thank you again!

#Exynos is back

The conservative scaling of frequencies should already return some battery life, but slightly worsen the scores of some synthetic benchmarks. This is counterbalanced by the introduction of 16ms PELT which will in return improve real world performance.

The OC build will be much more performance centred.

The UC build should reduce peak power drain, but most battery savings will occur in the standard build. As stated in the FAQ, undervolting is mostly irrelevant with EAS.

Trying to work out the script ATM with a talented Note 9 tester. Hopefully should be introduced soon
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eamo5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eamo5 Ad-Free
29th December 2018, 05:21 AM |#13  
Flag Riyadh
Thanks Meter: 184

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eamo5

The conservative scaling of frequencies should already return some battery life, but slightly worsen the scores of some synthetic benchmarks. This is counterbalanced by the introduction of 16ms PELT which will in return improve real world performance.

The OC build will be much more performance centred.

The UC build should reduce peak power drain, but most battery savings will occur in the standard build. As stated in the FAQ, undervolting is mostly irrelevant with EAS.

Trying to work out the script ATM with a talented Note 9 tester. Hopefully should be introduced soon

I'm really happy to hear that this is like a new year gift to my ears !
But I'm really sorry for not being specific... I know what you mean for the CPU undervolting is irrelevant I have readed the FAQ ....

But what about the GPU? Is undervolting is irrelevant for the GPU too? it is an achievement when maximizing GPU OC with undervolting since the GPU is the weakest part on the Exynos... a significant OC pump frequency with tweaking voltage will bring some performance pump on heavy graphics performance see what I mean?

Waiting for your reply.... as your opinion matters to me alot

Again Thank you.. Thank you!
29th December 2018, 05:59 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-BOSS

I'm really happy to hear that this is like a new year gift to my ears !
But I'm really sorry for not being specific... I know what you mean for the CPU undervolting is irrelevant I have readed the FAQ ....

But what about the GPU? Is undervolting is irrelevant for the GPU too? it is an achievement when maximizing GPU OC with undervolting since the GPU is the weakest part on the Exynos... a significant OC pump frequency with tweaking voltage will bring some performance pump on heavy graphics performance see what I mean?

Waiting for your reply.... as your opinion matters to me alot

Again Thank you.. Thank you!

GPU Voltage control was originally ported over to the Exynos 9810 but the voltage control was seemingly broken. When GPU voltage control is working, I'll introduce it again. Underclocking the GPU and allowing to run at a lower minimum frequency is something I may eventually investigate and measure if there are any benefits.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eamo5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eamo5 Ad-Free
29th December 2018, 06:32 AM |#15  
Flag Riyadh
Thanks Meter: 184

More
Quote:

GPU Voltage control was originally ported over to the Exynos 9810 but the voltage control was seemingly broken. When GPU voltage control is working, I'll introduce it again. Underclocking the GPU and allowing to run at a lower minimum frequency is something I may eventually investigate and measure if there are any benefits.

Thank you
29th December 2018, 10:29 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 3,811

More
Running this kernel for 24 hours. Battery life & smoothness improved. No problem yet. Stock latest oreo S2ARL3 Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to burakgon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift burakgon Ad-Free
29th December 2018, 10:12 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne

Donate to Me
More
Endurance Kernel V1.1.8

Happy New Years!
  • Linux 4.9.148
  • Fixed GPU minimum frequency on TW build

Download links updated in OP!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eamo5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eamo5 Ad-Free
29th December 2018, 10:39 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 1,060

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Endurance Kernel V1.1.8

Happy New Years!

Linux 4.9.148
Fixed GPU minimum frequency on TW build

thank you sir.

to you and yours aswell
The Following User Says Thank You to bober10113 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bober10113 Ad-Free
29th December 2018, 10:49 PM |#19  
Flag Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 1,977

More
Quote:

Endurance Kernel V1.1.8

Happy New Years!

• Linux 4.9.148
  • Fixed GPU minimum frequency on TW build

Nice! Happy New year to all XDA! Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to galaxys For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift galaxys Ad-Free
29th December 2018, 11:04 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 295

More
Will see version for pie soon?
29th December 2018, 11:07 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowihel2012

Will see version for pie soon?

When Pie sources are released and ELS is updated, V2.0 will be released which will support Pie.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)