By djb77, Recognized Developer / Contributor on 14th March 2019, 12:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th March 2019, 12:51 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 1,071

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin132014

Yes i did. Can you try to flash other kernels to see if magisk sticks. Now my google account can't be logged in.

magisk never sticks after flashing a kernel. but in tgp its included...

maybe u just need to install magisk manager after.

also magisk 18.1 is old.

get 18.2 and up

15th March 2019, 01:39 AM |#22  
Flag Semarang
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by störte

Restart your phone once. If the Manager does not appear then install Manager App seperate.
Magisk is installed.

Already did it, but didn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallen5

Did you select to install Magisk in the aroma control while installing kernel?

Already choose that option, magisk installed but cant grant access superuset
15th March 2019, 06:23 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 106

More
I don't know if the problem is in the kernel or magisk. If it's magisk, 18.2 is the problem cause its not officially stable. I have a temporary solution for this.

This is what happened when clean install any other rom with stock rom kernel.
Magisk will not install even after clean install or you install manually with any other version. Somehow this problem carried over to others rom or kernel.

If you try to install magisk from the installer, it will say unable to unpack boot image. If you install using twrp, if will say magisk not install also. To work around this, I'm using magisk twrp uninstaller, because the magisk manager doesn't have one appeared. After you uninstall, magisk will still visible but with recent one you install for me its 18.1, the current stable one. After this all works well. Root permission also fixed.

But this problem will continued if you install other kernel or rom. I hope OP can take a look at this problem.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190315-100411_Magisk%20Manager.jpeg
Views:	274
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	4723971Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190315-100403_Magisk%20Manager.jpeg
Views:	270
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	4723972Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190315-132108_Magisk%20Manager.jpeg
Views:	270
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	4723973

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to martin132014 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift martin132014 Ad-Free
15th March 2019, 09:19 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin132014

I don't know if the problem is in the kernel or magisk. If it's magisk, 18.2 is the problem cause its not officially stable. I have a temporary solution for this.
This is what happened when clean install any other rom with stock rom kernel.
Magisk will not install even after clean install or you install manually with any other version. Somehow this problem carried over to others rom or kernel.
If you try to install magisk from the installer, it will say unable to unpack boot image. If you install using twrp, if will say magisk not install also. To work around this, I'm using magisk twrp uninstaller, because the magisk manager doesn't have one appeared. After you uninstall, magisk will still visible but with recent one you install for me its 18.1, the current stable one. After this all works well. Root permission also fixed.
But this problem will continued if you install other kernel or rom. I hope OP can take a look at this problem.Attachment 4723971Attachment 4723972Attachment 4723973
Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Everything exactly as martin wrote. Did like Martin, got kernel and magisk. Why so complicated? Can author fix this problem in next release?
15th March 2019, 09:30 AM |#25  
Flag Kiel
Thanks Meter: 1,475

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyst

Everything exactly as martin wrote. Did like Martin, got kernel and magisk. Why so complicated? Can author fix this problem in next release?

Did you install Magisk Manager serperately as i wrote earlier ?
That worked for me.
15th March 2019, 10:38 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by störte

Did you install Magisk Manager serperately as i wrote earlier ?
That worked for me.

There was magisk with magisk manager at my custom ROM. I have installed TGP kernel and have choosen install Magisk in Aroma. After reboot, all occasion started. May be I would rather install without choosing install magisk in Aroma, I don't know
15th March 2019, 10:43 AM |#27  
Flag Kiel

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyst

There was magisk with magisk manager at my custom ROM. I have installed TGP kernel and have choosen install Magisk in Aroma. After reboot, all occasion started. May be I would rather install without choosing install magisk in Aroma, I don't know

That would be one option.
I suggest to uninstall Magisk Manager and then reboot
After that install Manager App manually. It should be working
The Following User Says Thank You to störte For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift störte Ad-Free
15th March 2019, 11:17 AM |#28  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 219

More
does it work with p09 rom of dr.ketan based on sc1?
15th March 2019, 11:24 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Kernel Working of Dr.Katan P09 CSC1
The Following User Says Thank You to Benny100 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Benny100 Ad-Free
15th March 2019, 11:47 AM |#30  
Flag Kiel

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny100

Kernel Working of Dr.Katan P09 CSC1

No problem with Log in to Samsung Account on initial Setup ?
15th March 2019, 12:27 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 1,071

Donate to Me
More
dont know whats going on with everyone setup but it has been nothing but smooth sailing here.

realllly nice experience. battery seems good too although its a bit early to say but really seems good.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)